Thanks Meter: 834

By Bogdacutu, Senior Member on 15th August 2015, 07:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2015, 08:51 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadApex

as has been stated dozens of times in this thread...
you can flash the new OTA but will always have to follow the directions in the OP every time you update to remove TegraOTA to prevent the killswitch.

Hell, really? Well, okay. Thanks, man.
25th October 2015, 09:29 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM17X

Hell, really? Well, okay. Thanks, man.

just keep in mind you do not want your tablet to connect to the internet until after you have safely removed the killswitch mechanism.

best way:

flash the update from recovery
reboot directly into recovery (to prevent possible mounting errors after the update)
flash the zip in the OP
confirm TegraOTA is gone using the recovery file manager.
boot system like normal.
enjoy!
25th October 2015, 11:21 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadApex

just keep in mind you do not want your tablet to connect to the internet until after you have safely removed the killswitch mechanism.

best way:

flash the update from recovery
reboot directly into recovery (to prevent possible mounting errors after the update)
flash the zip in the OP
confirm TegraOTA is gone using the recovery file manager.
boot system like normal.
enjoy!

I rather delete it directly from Solid Explorer than using the Flashable zip. In any case, since i have unlocked the bootloader, i could mount any image i want even if this is "killed"
26th October 2015, 12:46 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM17X

I rather delete it directly from Solid Explorer than using the Flashable zip. In any case, since i have unlocked the bootloader, i could mount any image i want even if this is "killed"

you can use any method you like as long as you are sure it never connects to the net in the process.
26th October 2015, 02:00 AM |#1005  
Flag Caloocan
Thanks Meter: 14

More
right after i bought my pre-owned shield tablet (y01), a random combination of letters and numbers, appear automatically downloading to my tablet.. and my instinct told me to immediately force stop the download manager or there's a chance to say goodbye to my pre-owned tablet.. after i flash the nomoreota.zip, no more random downloading stuff happened afterwards..
26th October 2015, 05:35 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I did as instructed, and then turned on my new tablet. Old tablet still functional.

Then I kept checking for the urgent ST - yy OTA update. Today it finally appeared, and my old tablet is still functional.

Thanks a whole bunch!
26th October 2015, 09:31 AM |#1007  
Flag France - Annecy
Thanks Meter: 97

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

It's possible with this solution ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/shie...3#post62305413

It's possible that my tablet will reboot with power + volume down (recovery mode)

Thanks
26th October 2015, 10:00 AM |#1008  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,609

More
@CM17X

There is no current protocol for recovery if the tablet is "killed"

Sent from my Moto X
26th October 2015, 09:17 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How?
yea but HOW do you delete tegraOTA? using what to delete it?? I have rooted my shield and there is no file manager and i cant connect to the internet to get a file manager other wise the kill switch will be enabled.
26th October 2015, 11:44 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i don't have the folder /system/app/ . there're someone that have the same problem?
what can i do?
27th October 2015, 01:19 AM |#1011  
Flag Caloocan
Thanks Meter: 14

More
What is that random combination of letters and numbers that automatically downloaded by my tablet? Does anyone also experienced this? it is a .unity3d file. What is it? is part of the killswitch process or not? If not, why is it automatically downloading without my permission and i have no option to stop it unless i force stop the download manager, can someone enlighten me please? thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)