Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2015, 08:41 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnoworld

Out of curiosity. This is the way to prevent the old tablet being killed. Is there a way to prevent the new tablet communicating that the old one has to be killed? Does it do that through the same app?

I don't think it communicates that the old one has to be killed per se, it's likely that Nvidia knows the serial number of the tablet that was sent for each recalled tablet and just waits for the new one to come online (no matter if it is through update checking, random stat collection, Play Store, etc).
16th August 2015, 10:35 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I need help from you guys. I didnt get the new tablet yet (i didnt get even the delivery confirmation lol). I need clear steps to not screw something up. there comes my questions. Do i root/unlock boot loader/ flash older roms/ before i get the new tablet or when i have new tablet in my home activated or not activated yet? Right now im on stock non-rooted 3.1 newest update. It would be nice if someone will put links to guides how to downgrade and all other things.
16th August 2015, 11:26 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracham

I need help from you guys. I didnt get the new tablet yet (i didnt get even the delivery confirmation lol). I need clear steps to not screw something up. there comes my questions. Do i root/unlock boot loader/ flash older roms/ before i get the new tablet or when i have new tablet in my home activated or not activated yet? Right now im on stock non-rooted 3.1 newest update. It would be nice if someone will put links to guides how to downgrade and all other things.

ive not received my new shield but tried this.

I forgot to enable developer options and went ahead and fashed cwm, ran the ota zip and the folder is indeed gone.

what I found weird is that when i restarted the tablet again about 10 mins later the cwm is gone.

its now doing the annoying apps optimizing
16th August 2015, 11:27 AM |#104  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracham

We're all bout helping but there are threads where those things belong, like just 4 threads below this one you will find one about flashing official ROMs including links.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2988881

Most find they have time between their tablet arrival and the kill switch being activated, as is written all over the place in this thread alone. If you don't take time to read and learn than tinkering with an expensive toy probably isn't for you. No offense but this is how this board works.
16th August 2015, 12:34 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thank you! If you need any more serials to check/test, I'd be happy to provide mine. Let me know
16th August 2015, 02:22 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I activate new tablet today and tr to root and install Blisspop in the old tablet. but the old tablet is died, I don't know if it was my fault or Nvidia kill!
how I can check if the tablet is died or not?
I tried to reboot pressing oll buttons, long press, ecc and nothing help me.
16th August 2015, 02:23 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdacutu

One more of the serial numbers that I have now has this xx update waiting for it.

whose is that? mine ?
16th August 2015, 02:24 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackill

whose is that? mine ?

Nope, yours is fine so far.
16th August 2015, 02:38 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Ok another wild idea but can't you just replace your old serial number with the new one's..avoiding the kill
16th August 2015, 02:43 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccoba

I activate new tablet today and tr to root and install Blisspop in the old tablet. but the old tablet is died, I don't know if it was my fault or Nvidia kill!
how I can check if the tablet is died or not?
I tried to reboot pressing oll buttons, long press, ecc and nothing help me.

I would say you screwed something up while rooting/flashing...the kill is not delivered instantly...but there seems to be a delay of a couple of days at least...mine was activated on wednesday (12th) and up until today there is no kill update waiting for my old device (as Bogdacutu confirmed in post #108 above).
I suggest you follow some flashing/troubleshooting tutorials listed in the development section...
16th August 2015, 03:38 PM |#111  
Flag Boise, Idaho
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdacutu

Nope, yours is fine so far.

Mine is awaiting the xx update.
Going to stick with Blisspop for now because the girlfriend won't be using the Nvidia features. I went ahead and flashed this on my new tablet for security reasons. But now I know that if I flash a stock image, and don't flash this, "old tablet is kill".

Once again, we cannot thank you enough @Bogdacutu
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)