407 posts
Thanks Meter: 834

By Bogdacutu, Senior Member on 15th August 2015, 07:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2018, 09:36 AM |#1801  
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
Just install twrp and then flash the zip. it much easier.

Jeśli masz jeszcze jakieś pytania to pytaj. Postaram się pomóc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMysliwiec

Wake up thread:

I have nVidia Shield LTE 32GB - it's gonna be in progress of bricking pretty soon.

I have a problem when flashing the no-more-ota zip.
I'm using the PowerShell instead of cmd (couldn't overrun Windows in terms of turning off PowerShell).

After using command "adb reboot bootloader" it's shown that the device is unlocked. All debugging options are unlocked on the device, as well.
I can choose from 5 options:
1. Continue - cold linux boot - device normally booting
2. Fastboot Protocol - rebooting the same screen
3. Recovery Mode - doesn't work, shows the android sign with "no command" written on it.
4. Reboot - normal booting
5. Poweroff - turning off the device

After that I'm using the command "fastboot flash recovery MY FILE NAME.img" PowerShell shows:
"< waiting for device >"

the device is still the same, nothing is happening.
Whichever option I choose, doesn't work for the PowerShell commands.

What is it about?

Sorry if this question came out before but I'm a n00b in this and just trying to rescue my Shield from being bricked.

Help?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to xabat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xabat Ad-Free
1st October 2018, 09:13 PM |#1802  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabat

Wake up thread:

I have nVidia Shield LTE 32GB - it's gonna be in progress of bricking pretty soon.

I have a problem when flashing the no-more-ota zip.

I'm using the PowerShell instead of cmd (couldn't overrun Windows in terms of turning off PowerShell).

After using command "adb reboot bootloader" it's shown that the device is unlocked. All debugging options are unlocked on the device, as well.

I can choose from 5 options:

1. Continue - cold linux boot - device normally booting

2. Fastboot Protocol - rebooting the same screen

3. Recovery Mode - doesn't work, shows the android sign with "no command" written on it.

4. Reboot - normal booting

5. Poweroff - turning off the device

After that I'm using the command "fastboot flash recovery MY FILE NAME.img" PowerShell shows:

"< waiting for device >"

the device is still the same, nothing is happening.

Whichever option I choose, doesn't work for the PowerShell commands.

What is it about?

Sorry if this question came out before but I'm a n00b in this and just trying to rescue my Shield from being bricked.

Help?

Your shield is not blocked. As you described, once the original firmware was loaded, according to nvidia instructions, without connecting to the internet !! You put the computer in debug usb mode, in developer options. After installing the latest version TWRP, you will see how the recovery mode works.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvalmansa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dvalmansa Ad-Free
11th October 2018, 06:18 AM |#1803  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How goes it guys, first off thanks to all the help in this thread from all the members here! Now I'm still able get into recovery on my original shield 16gb wifi and have been able to flash the nomoreota.zip and lineageOS successfully, however my tablet just hangs on the shield loading screen when I try and load the system. I'm wondering if replacing the battery (since it's still the original Y0) would resolve the issue maybe? Thanks!
13th October 2018, 03:10 AM |#1804  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Will a K1 battery work as a replacement for the Y0 battery?
13th October 2018, 11:08 AM |#1805  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
A long while ago I carried out the kill switch fix, but it was so long ago I have forgotten the details. I am sure I used this thread as a guide.

All is well with the tablet, but I have a question.

Can I update to a custom Ron with having to worry about the kill switch?

Can someone please refer me to a guidalsobwhats a decent room. I am not to interested in gaming just good tablet features and good performance.

Thanks in advance.
14th October 2018, 09:32 PM |#1806  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanekanekane

A long while ago I carried out the kill switch fix, but it was so long ago I have forgotten the details. I am sure I used this thread as a guide.

All is well with the tablet, but I have a question.

Can I update to a custom Ron with having to worry about the kill switch?

Can someone please refer me to a guidalsobwhats a decent room. I am not to interested in gaming just good tablet features and good performance.

Thanks in advance.

yes custom rom normaly do not have the kill swith installed but better be safe than sorry do that the first post tell you to do

If you're on stock, delete TegraOTA (/system/app/TegraOTA or /system/priv-app/TegraOTA if you're on 5.0 or newer, or /system/app/TegraOTA.apk if you're still on 4.4) before booting into Android (the attached ZIP file does this for you, but please check with the file manager in recovery before rebooting and let me know if it didn't work), then reboot

Note: you also will need to delete TegraOTA again if you ever install an OTA from Nvidia or a recovery image
If you're not on stock, you're probably safe
The Following User Says Thank You to P00r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift P00r Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 09:34 PM |#1807  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P00r

yes custom rom normaly do not have the kill swith installed but better be safe than sorry do that the first post tell you to do

If you're on stock, delete TegraOTA (/system/app/TegraOTA or /system/priv-app/TegraOTA if you're on 5.0 or newer, or /system/app/TegraOTA.apk if you're still on 4.4) before booting into Android (the attached ZIP file does this for you, but please check with the file manager in recovery before rebooting and let me know if it didn't work), then reboot

Note: you also will need to delete TegraOTA again if you ever install an OTA from Nvidia or a recovery image
If you're not on stock, you're probably safe

Do I run the nomoreota.zip via recovery mode.

I tried this and saw an arrow related to no E mapping.
9th July 2019, 07:46 PM |#1808  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabat

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Jak mój tablet pokazuje się jako ATX w urządzeniach i nie moge wejść w bootloader to raczej rip ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)