Thanks Meter: 834

By Bogdacutu, Senior Member on 15th August 2015, 07:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2015, 08:40 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codiox

hey, ive got a strange problem over here, thinking it has something to do with the killswitch:
ive deleted the TegraOTA folder on my old tablet, then ive done a backup, flashed the backup on my new tablet and every time i turn the wifi on the tablet freezes and reboots. tryed it with my wifi router and my smartphone (as access point over LTE).

maybe the killswitch wants to trigger but cant?

I don't think so. I had this strange problem in the past. Just go to recovery and delete cache.

Sent from my Nvidia Shield Tablet
30th August 2015, 08:53 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
SMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by guesserit

Hi, can someone walk through what to do with the zip?

How about you stop being lazy and read the entire thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to K1llSh0T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K1llSh0T Ad-Free
31st August 2015, 01:36 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdacutu

apart from the fact that there's no CM 10 for the shield tablet, this is the wrong thread for complaining about CM anyway

Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

I'm not complaining about CM (CM for Kitkat, before 12), i was just wondering if it's CM or twrp, and if any of you guys had this problem. I chose to post here because this is the thread that got me to install both, to prevent the killswitch.

By the way Bogdacutu, thank you for your effort on the killswitch removal. If my problem persist, i will use the nomoreota.zip to save my Shield
31st August 2015, 02:52 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Deleted
31st August 2015, 08:41 AM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkeng

I'm not complaining about CM (CM for Kitkat, before 12), i was just wondering if it's CM or twrp, and if any of you guys had this problem. I chose to post here because this is the thread that got me to install both, to prevent the killswitch.

I doubt TWRP can cause touchscreen issues within Android, so CM is probably the problem. However, afaik older versions (anything before CM12.1) aren't maintained anymore, so I don't think there's any solution for your problem (that doesn't involve upgrading to the latest version).
31st August 2015, 11:22 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

hey, ive got a strange problem over here, thinking it has something to do with the killswitch:
ive deleted the TegraOTA folder on my old tablet, then ive done a backup, flashed the backup on my new tablet and every time i turn the wifi on the tablet freezes and reboots. tryed it with my wifi router and my smartphone (as access point over LTE).

maybe the killswitch wants to trigger but cant?

I think you did wrong in restoring backup in New Tablet. Do you really need restore? Just reinstall and resync everything. I changed even account to avoid conflicts

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainerJ

I used TRWP instead of CWM.

Hi,
first promblem on first step. Root does not work with towelroot, since 5.1.1 is on the tablet. Neither works King Root. Any idea ?[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel.lopez8a

Hi,
first promblem on first step. Root does not work with towelroot, since 5.1.1 is on the tablet. Neither works King Root. Any idea ?

You have to root it the right way, unlocking the bootloader, and then flashing a custom recovery and SuperSU. All of that via fastboot. Check the link a few posts back.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

First: you don't need root to flash TWRP and .zip, you need just unlocked bootloader. I did not root and it works perfectely.

Second: you are following the wrong procedure to root.
The Following User Says Thank You to punifra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift punifra Ad-Free
31st August 2015, 11:58 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by punifra

I think you did wrong in restoring backup in New Tablet. Do you really need restore? Just reinstall and resync everything. I changed even account to avoid conflicts[COLOR="Silver"]

Thats not the idea of a backup. It have to work. If not, there is no point in a backup. Imagine your devices breaks and you cant restore it though. Why bother then with a backup in first case?

i will try it again with the "delete cache" that Zuzuitu suggested me.

will report back.
31st August 2015, 12:04 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Thats not the idea of a backup. It have to work. If not, there is no point in a backup. Imagine your devices breaks and you cant restore it though. Why bother then with a backup in first case?

i will try it again with the "delete cache" that Zuzuitu suggested me.

will report back.

That's why now "SYNC" exists in stead of backups!
31st August 2015, 12:16 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by punifra

That's why now "SYNC" exists in stead of backups!

I dont want to "sync" or "reinstall" everything. I want to restore a backup and done.

Also the resync function will not get my settings / homescreen / alarms etc. back.
31st August 2015, 01:40 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Here's how i've done it :

- unlock bootloader (adb reboot bootloader then fastboot oem unlock)
- once back in bootloader in a way or another, i didn't flash TWRP, instead i asked fastboot to boot the shield on the image : fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-shieldtablet.img
- in TWRP, browsed to /system/app/TegraOTA, and deleted the folder

Now, wait and see, i can finally turn on the RMA tablet !
The Following User Says Thank You to subsss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift subsss Ad-Free
31st August 2015, 01:49 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsss

Here's how i've done it :

- unlock bootloader (adb reboot bootloader then fastboot oem unlock)
- once back in bootloader in a way or another, i didn't flash TWRP, instead i asked fastboot to boot the shield on the image : fastboot boot twrp-2.8.7.1-shieldtablet.img
- in TWRP, browsed to /system/app/TegraOTA, and deleted the folder

Now, wait and see, i can finally turn on the RMA tablet !

I did exactly this a week ago. Tablet still working and the serial number is already flagged for the urgent OTA, so it seems to work!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)