FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update Details

951 posts
Thanks Meter: 293

By FoxyDrew, Senior Member on 12th November 2015, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, on Nvidias twitter about an hour ago, they replied that Android 6.0 Marshmallow was "possiby" coming to the Nvidia Shield Tablet.

I wouldn't say we should get our hopes up, but again this is a "possibly" straight from Nvidia's official Twitter page, so who knows!

Original post (About Android TV Shield)

Nvidia Shield Tablet info (Found in replies to above tweet)

Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/nvidiashield/sta...31937076629504

So yeah, @NvidiaShield directly replied that we could "possibly " (note the smiley face haha) get 6.0. But who knows, after the recall and all I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia stopped caring about our Tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxyDrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FoxyDrew Ad-Free

13th November 2015, 04:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I think it's a platform they're looking to grow, and the only thing stopping them from furthering the advancement would be a shield tablet 2. But if they know anything about gamers, we like a company that cares about our old hardware so it would be in their best interest to keep our hardware up to date. The same way that HTC is releasing Marshmallow for the m8. They don't have to do that and it would be understandable if they didn't.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk
13th November 2015, 04:38 PM |#3  
Flag yerres
Thanks Meter: 75

Donate to Me
More
Android biggest problem everything is for 1 year wow the newest thing tralalala then complete silence over the thing...quickly falling into a garbage bag after
The Following User Says Thank You to yreham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yreham Ad-Free
13th November 2015, 08:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Taunton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame

I think it's a platform they're looking to grow, and the only thing stopping them from furthering the advancement would be a shield tablet 2. But if they know anything about gamers, we like a company that cares about our old hardware so it would be in their best interest to keep our hardware up to date. The same way that HTC is releasing Marshmallow for the m8. They don't have to do that and it would be understandable if they didn't.

Funny you say that Shield Tablet 2 announced today.
13th November 2015, 08:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame

Agreed, the portable was updated recently as well. I think as you said this is a long term play for Nvidia and as much as the battery issue was a really pain they will continue to support the tablet.

I am not sure if we will ever see it officially go back on sale, or if a version 2 will be released first...but either way we will see 6.0 sooner than later.
15th November 2015, 02:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
😏
17th November 2015, 06:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Hey guys, chances are getting higher for 6.0! NVIDIA just anounced a New tablet called Shield K1. Its nearly the same as ours now with same Hardware. This means, new device=New version of Android (i hope)
17th November 2015, 07:09 PM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Androidpolice are stating " It's currently running Android 5.1.1, but NVIDIA already plans to push Marshmallow to it (along with existing SHIELD Tablet units) by the end of the year. " regarding the new version of the shield..

Nice christmas present if they hit that deadline

And for once, a UK price that isn't a straight pound for dollar swap. £149 v $199
26th November 2015, 01:56 PM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 533

More
Have any details appeared since? It seems to all be attributed down to a single tweet.
27th November 2015, 07:06 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag East Taunton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the

Have any details appeared since? It seems to all be attributed down to a single tweet.

Marshmallow was guaranteed for the Shield Tablet 2. I believe before Christmas. The Shield Tablet 2 has identical hardware to our tablet aside from the stylus which means the software is more or less interchangeable so expect the upgrade to come roughly the same time for both tablets.
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxyDrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FoxyDrew Ad-Free
28th November 2015, 10:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
If it has identical hardware, does that mean 4K@60hz will be possible on our older shield tablets?

as that was something they said they would add to the newer tablet...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)