FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update Details

951 posts
Thanks Meter: 298
 
By FoxyDrew, Senior Member on 12th November 2015, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2015, 01:41 AM |#101  
PhoenixTank's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag On a rock with a laptop
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SireSalty

Well, I just pulled a stupid beyond stupid.

I just flashed the recovery on my shieldc K1 (just updated to 6.0) using supersu.... instead of sideloading it in a moment of fat fingering. Luckily I finally got it to boot using the recovery.img from the base factory 3.1.1 image from nvidia (for the non K1) directly. Can anyone give me the recovery.img from the OTA for 6.0 lollipop? I can't figure out how to extract it directly from the OTA

I think that it is still the same - I don't see a fresh recovery.img in there either
You can use https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087005399 for the K1.
 
 
22nd December 2015, 01:46 AM |#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Anyone tried the Multi-window feature of Android 6.0 for the Shield Tablet?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...droid-t3121483
22nd December 2015, 02:12 AM |#103  
drewski_1's Avatar
Senior Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,597
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixTank

Am I misreading this or has nobody posted the OTA URL yet?
I captured this from logcat earlier, after I saw the ota notification:
http://ota-downloads.nvidia.com/ota/...1218112856.zip

i thought i'd give it a whirl on my 32GB LTE, but i got a signature verification failure when i tried to sideload it from stock recovery.
22nd December 2015, 02:48 AM |#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmario

@yubimusubi - Can you show how you were able to root 6.0? I stay with stock and would just like to root. Thanks.

From a Linux system, I checked out this git repository: https://github.com/seSuperuser/super-bootimg/

If you unzip the OTA file there is a boot.img file - copy that into the repository root as "output/orig-boot.img". Then just run "bash build.sh" from the repository root. That will generate some rooted boot.img files in output. You can pick whichever one you want, but "boot-su-eng.img" is the "most compatible" according to phhusson's thread.

You can flash that i.e.:
Code:
adb reboot-bootloader && fastboot flash boot output/boot-su-eng.img
Keep in mind that root method is still really new and in heavy development, but if something breaks you should be able to just re-flash the original boot.img using fastboot.

Hopefully that makes sense, I know it's not exactly straightforward.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yubimusubi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yubimusubi Ad-Free
22nd December 2015, 02:59 AM |#105  
Member
Flag San Martin Toltepec
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hello, I have updated to 6.0 but have no recovery at all. I have tried to flash recovery.img many times using fastboot and it shows as flashing but still get the dead android, no recovery. Any ideas?
22nd December 2015, 03:26 AM |#106  
drewski_1's Avatar
Senior Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,597
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquid

Hello, I have updated to 6.0 but have no recovery at all. I have tried to flash recovery.img many times using fastboot and it shows as flashing but still get the dead android, no recovery. Any ideas?

Dead Android IS the door to recovery. Press "Pwr + Vol Up" to enter
22nd December 2015, 03:44 AM |#107  
Member
Flag San Martin Toltepec
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski_1

Dead Android IS the door to recovery. Press "Pwr + Vol Up" to enter

Ah, ok. I'm not getting anything though. I knew it was with my moto x pure, but not getting anywhere on this one.
22nd December 2015, 04:19 AM |#108  
garwynn's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag NE Ohio
Thanks Meter: 8,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Updating the article with following from NVIDIA:

"We’re working on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for original SHIELD tablets. Look for more news early in the new year."
22nd December 2015, 04:37 AM |#109  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
n/m
22nd December 2015, 05:13 AM |#110  
The Images
Yeah, the reason I didn't post the links yet is because I forgot to flash the new blob while testing my images, and neither the latest official TWRP nor the 3.1.1 stock recovery would boot afterwards. After a few hours of headbanging I figured that out.

Here are the files.

Staging Blob (must flash): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Boot Image (must flash, aka: kernel and ramdisk): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Rooted Boot Image (flash instead of normal Boot Image for root, thank you to @yubimusubii for the method): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
System Sparse Image (must flash): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing


The following files were not present in the OTA, but you might want/need them anyway if you want to do a full factory restore.
Stock Recovery Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Data Sparse Image (aka userdata, THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL YOUR FILES, PLEASE BACKUP FIRST): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing

The smaller files (blob and both boot images) are also attachments on this post, if you prefer to get them directly from here. They're compressed with 7-Zip so they can fit within XDA attachment limits.

You'll want to flash them with fastboot commands. If you don't know exactly how to do that, then I don't think this is a project for you.

WARNING: These images are only partially tested! I haven't tried to boot back into either stock or TWRP recovery since I fixed the blob! I shall not be held responsible for glassing of planets, resonance cascades, portal storms or great disturbances in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced!!!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z blob.7z - [Click for QR Code] (2.77 MB, 356 views)
File Type: 7z boot.7z - [Click for QR Code] (6.58 MB, 372 views)
File Type: 7z boot-su-eng.7z - [Click for QR Code] (6.93 MB, 552 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to castrwilliam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift castrwilliam Ad-Free
22nd December 2015, 06:19 AM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by castrwilliam

Yeah, the reason I didn't post the links yet is because I forgot to flash the new blob while testing my images, and neither the latest official TWRP nor the 3.1.1 stock recovery would boot afterwards. After a few hours of headbanging I figured that out.

Here are the files.

Staging Blob (must flash): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Boot Image (must flash, aka: kernel and ramdisk): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Rooted Boot Image (flash instead of normal Boot Image for root, thank you to @yubimusubii for the method): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
System Sparse Image (must flash): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing


The following files were not present in the OTA, but you might want/need them anyway if you want to do a full factory restore.
Stock Recovery Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Data Sparse Image (aka userdata, THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL YOUR FILES, PLEASE BACKUP FIRST): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing

The smaller files (blob and both boot images) are also attachments on this post, if you prefer to get them directly from here. They're compressed with 7-Zip so they can fit within XDA attachment limits.

You'll want to flash them with fastboot commands. If you don't know exactly how to do that, then I don't think this is a project for you.

WARNING: These images are only partially tested! I haven't tried to boot back into either stock or TWRP recovery since I fixed the blob! I shall not be held responsible for glassing of planets, resonance cascades, portal storms or great disturbances in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced!!!

Can i Flash this with cyanogenmod installed? And if yeah could you pls say the commands if possible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes