Thanks Meter: 298

By FoxyDrew, Senior Member on 12th November 2015, 05:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2015, 05:53 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Keith

Now that you mention it, I went through the same bs. Fortunately, it also had the cracked corners so they replaced it because of that. You could potentially have my tablet, or at least the motherboard.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Bit late but, the old tablet is a much more favourable device than K1 since I did draw a lot on it and the extra space for the stylus would be awesome.

Too bad it's not avail here anymore though so I'm quite eager to get one if the price is decent.

edit: Seems they blacklisted Antutu and 3DMark (courtesy to me I guess :P). So until then, no benchmark results until I can get past these issues.

22nd December 2015, 07:56 PM |#152  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,790

More
I've managed to get a reduced size system image flashed on my wx_nf but it's boot looping.
time to try something else.

Noticed this at the end of the build.prop
ro.expect.recovery_id=0x1a65eb1a866dc9df8dee7fa79f 331df894bd10bf000000000000000000000000
wonder if that is commented out if recovery will work properly?

Edit
I give up for now, dropping back to 3.1.1 till I can work out why it won't boot.
made a nice update.zip with dat files that flashed without issue over a fresh install of 3.1.1. but it won't finish a boot on the old tablet.
Without adb it's not easy to see why not.
22nd December 2015, 09:38 PM |#153  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,790

More
hmm not that useful a log attached

no way of getting dmesg yet.
Attached Files
File Type: txt test.txt - [Click for QR Code] (29.6 KB, 50 views)
22nd December 2015, 10:01 PM |#154  
Flag hard shoulders of reality
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelVixen

edit: Seems they blacklisted Antutu and 3DMark (courtesy to me I guess :P). So until then, no benchmark results until I can get past these issues.

can't you freeze/remove NvBenchmarkBlocker ?
(or is that nothing to do with it?)
22nd December 2015, 10:03 PM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminki

can't you freeze/remove NvBenchmarkBlocker ?
(or is that nothing to do with it?)

That's the one. Rooting would be one solution but that defeats the purpose as I want to know why it was implemented.
23rd December 2015, 12:49 AM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I was able to get 6.0 and root. Everything is working great so far. Thanks to everyone for all the help getting this to work.
23rd December 2015, 01:49 AM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlf

I was able to get 6.0 and root. Everything is working great so far. Thanks to everyone for all the help getting this to work.

Hi dowlf, you were able to get root with 6.0? Could you please direct me to where you got the info from on how to do this seeing as to how everyone has ignored me? lol

Thanks, man.
23rd December 2015, 02:13 AM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDanTide

Hi dowlf, you were able to get root with 6.0? Could you please direct me to where you got the info from on how to do this seeing as to how everyone has ignored me? lol

Thanks, man.

After flashing the OTA for 6.0 I flashed the rooted boot image posted earlier in this thread here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrwilliam

Yeah, the reason I didn't post the links yet is because I forgot to flash the new blob while testing my images, and neither the latest official TWRP nor the 3.1.1 stock recovery would boot afterwards. After a few hours of headbanging I figured that out.

Here are the files.

Staging Blob (must flash): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Boot Image (must flash, aka: kernel and ramdisk): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Rooted Boot Image (flash instead of normal Boot Image for root, thank you to @yubimusubii for the method): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
System Sparse Image (must flash): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing

The following files were not present in the OTA, but you might want/need them anyway if you want to do a full factory restore.
Stock Recovery Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing
Data Sparse Image (aka userdata, THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL YOUR FILES, PLEASE BACKUP FIRST): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4W...ew?usp=sharing

The smaller files (blob and both boot images) are also attachments on this post, if you prefer to get them directly from here. They're compressed with 7-Zip so they can fit within XDA attachment limits.

You'll want to flash them with fastboot commands. If you don't know exactly how to do that, then I don't think this is a project for you.

WARNING: These images are only partially tested! I haven't tried to boot back into either stock or TWRP recovery since I fixed the blob! I shall not be held responsible for glassing of planets, resonance cascades, portal storms or great disturbances in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced!!!

I then installed the su from here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uperuser&hl=en

Once I did that I had root and everything works.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to dowlf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dowlf Ad-Free
23rd December 2015, 02:32 AM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlf

After flashing the OTA for 6.0 I flashed the rooted boot image posted earlier in this thread here:

I then installed the su from here:

Once I did that I had root and everything works.

Good luck.

Thanks. I upgraded from unrooted 5.1 to 6.0 since I received the tablet yesterday. Would I need to flash only the rooted boot image? If you don't know, that's fine, but if someone could help guide me through the steps, I'd appreciate it.
23rd December 2015, 02:44 AM |#160  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,607

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDanTide

Thanks. I upgraded from unrooted 5.1 to 6.0 since I received the tablet yesterday. Would I need to flash only the rooted boot image? If you don't know, that's fine, but if someone could help guide me through the steps, I'd appreciate it.

install the APK he linked too.
23rd December 2015, 03:41 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just incase someone was wondering, the only difference between this OTA and the one that will go out to the original shield tablet is the size of the partitions, decreasing the size of the images will not work correctly the only way to get this to work (Just to make it clear I have not been able to get this to work) is to re size the partition map of the shield tablet. WARNING: DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH THE PARTITION MAP UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING IT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO BRICK A DEVICE. (sorry for the caps) In the past I did manage to repartition the flash memory on a nook tablet but this was a long time ago not sure if I want to try on this device. Maybe someone with more experience can write a script to do so safely.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)