FORUMS

Updated AospExtended4.6 and 5.8

91 posts
Thanks Meter: 98

By Triodexe, Member on 6th February 2020, 01:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi again

So finished the Roms so far and made it avaible for download at Androidfilehost serach for:
AospExtended-v4.6-shieldtablet (All working)
AospExtended-v5.8-shieldtablet (Camera brocken and HW accleration OMX Fixed works now)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=305454

Thanks to BitOBSessiOns and Artemka2008 for the Kernel sources from Rel24.1 /24.2.
and Steel01 for all the fixes he do for the Shieldtablet.

Kernel Features
Added IO Schedulers:Zen,Sio,Maple
Added Governours:ElementalX,SmartMax
Removed:SDCardFS and F2fs causes Bootloop/Data Corruption
Other Stuff: Zram with Lz4 Compress Cleancache/Front
swap SMT/MC Optimized
Modified Dtb for faster charging (Tested around 2.4A at 5 Volt Chargepower with Anker 20W Wallcharger and 2A at 9V with Anker Power Port+1) experimental QC2.0 enabled Tests needed

After Magisk Root and for correct working QC2.0 please flash my DTB you found on Androidfilehost
fastboot flash dtb tegra124-tn8-p1761-1270-a04-e-battery.dtb

For the first time better control Backside of your Tablet when charging or use Ampere app to see the Battery Temp

PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH := 2020-02-05

Greats Triodexe
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Triodexe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Triodexe Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 10:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Thank you for building this ROM.
What version of Bitobession's kernel did you use?
Do I need to flash a dtb file to reset battery charging? I currently use KX10-003 and I have flashed the corresponding dtb.

Can you start a thread in the development forum for your ROM please?

Sent from my Nvidia Shield Tablet using XDA Labs
6th February 2020, 11:53 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Delmenhorst

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemail

Thank you for building this ROM.
What version of Bitobession's kernel did you use?
Do I need to flash a dtb file to reset battery charging? I currently use KX10-003 and I have flashed the corresponding dtb.

Can you start a thread in the development forum for your ROM please?

Hi
I used the android_kernel_nvidia_shieldtablet-rel-24-uda-r1.4-upstream but needed to get some files from the stock lineage kernel cause Rom didnt boot
Dtb is only needed when you got problems with Akku charging i didnt need to flash them.
Problem is i cant post in developer Area cause of the Spam Rules form XDA
Greats Triodexe
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triodexe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Triodexe Ad-Free
9th February 2020, 06:40 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is this a good rom for running dolphin emulator on the shield tablet? Would like to play GameCube and possibly Wii games on my tablet. Currently the updated dolphin ROMs do not run on stock due to the outdated Android os.
10th February 2020, 05:07 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Delmenhorst

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shango22

Is this a good rom for running dolphin emulator on the shield tablet? Would like to play GameCube and possibly Wii games on my tablet. Currently the updated dolphin ROMs do not run on stock due to the outdated Android os.

Hi
Sorry to say but Dolphin didnt support the Shieldtablet anymore since they switched to 64Bit
Core there are some older Dolphin builds that work for Shieldtablet but Speed is horrible and most Games dont run .

Greats Triodexe
11th February 2020, 05:46 PM |#6  

More
I have tried your latest 4.8 ROM on my original nvidia shield tablet.

Full wipe and flash results in an endless boot loop.
Full wipe, flash and KX10-003 kernel will boot however brightness setting does not seem to stick between boots.

Thanks for building this ROM.

11th February 2020, 06:09 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Delmenhorst

More
Quote:

I have tried your latest 4.8 ROM on my original nvidia shield tablet.

Full wipe and flash results in an endless boot loop.
Full wipe, flash and KX10-003 kernel will boot however brightness setting does not seem to stick between boots.

Thanks for building this ROM.

Hi
Did you flashed Magisk for Root?
I Have currently same problem with latest Version20.3 sometimes random Bootloops but it mostly Boots after 2-3 tries.
Guess i will go back to Stock Lineage Kernel and tweak the Governours/Shedulers inside there.
Btw working on F2fs to,But building Rom with F2fs enabled and changed Fstab didnt build the Rom.
Greats Triodexe
The Following User Says Thank You to Triodexe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Triodexe Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 02:30 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triodexe

Hi
Did you flashed Magisk for Root?
I Have currently same problem with latest Version20.3 sometimes random Bootloops but it mostly Boots after 2-3 tries.
Guess i will go back to Stock Lineage Kernel and tweak the Governours/Shedulers inside there.
Btw working on F2fs to,But building Rom with F2fs enabled and changed Fstab didnt build the Rom.
Greats Triodexe

Yes, I clean flashed ROM and flashed Magisk but got a bootloop.
I have your ROM working with KX10-003 kernel so that is good.
So far everything seems to work well.
I have had the tablet lock twice since I started testing but it has not been a problem to the point of irritation.

13th February 2020, 07:15 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Delmenhorst

More
Quote:

Yes, I clean flashed ROM and flashed Magisk but got a bootloop.
I have your ROM working with KX10-003 kernel so that is good.
So far everything seems to work well.
I have had the tablet lock twice since I started testing but it has not been a problem to the point of irritation.

Hi
Still working on it to find did out what causes the bootloop on my Shieldtablet K1
i only get random bootloop with the 5.8 Roms the 4.6Roms have no Problems.
Sideeffect of this trys i got CpuQuiet working again Cores shutdown now correctly on the 5.8 Roms .
The 4.6 Roms still not shutdown the Cores.
Hope i got the new Versions out soon.

Greats Triodexe
The Following User Says Thank You to Triodexe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Triodexe Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 08:37 AM |#10  

More
Thank you for your work on this ROM. AEX has been my favourite ROM for a long time.
I won't try 5.8 as want hardware acceleration for video playback, so I'll stick to 4.6.
Does the 4.6 version contain security fixes for WiFi exploits like KRACK?

13th February 2020, 09:06 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Delmenhorst

More
Quote:

Thank you for your work on this ROM. AEX has been my favourite ROM for a long time.
I won't try 5.8 as want hardware acceleration for video playback, so I'll stick to 4.6.
Does the 4.6 version contain security fixes for WiFi exploits like KRACK?

Hi
Security Patch Stand is from November 2019 Krack was patched in LineageOS 14.1-20171016 so i would say yes

BTW for the HW Accleration not working Steel01 reported in his Lineage thread that its be nearly fixed Netflix with 1080p works on his Tests.
Hope that this fixes the brocken Camera too

Greats Triodexe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)