FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] [OFFICIAL] TWRP for Shield Tablet

1,196 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,509
 
By Steel01, Recognized Developer on 25th November 2015, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.



DOWNLOAD:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website.
Direct device link

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Steel01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
25th November 2015, 06:00 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,509
 
More
Releases including and past 3.0.2-2 will work on both the L and M bootloader. The screen update issues plaguing unofficial 3.0.0 do not happen on these newer builds either. The OP is a little different from other TWRP threads because I don't want to keep updating the changelog and version numbers, but those can be found on the twrp homepage linked there. Enjoy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steel01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2015, 06:24 PM |#3  
hardslog's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,099
 
Donate to Me
More
Don't you love the smell of success in the morning?
The Following User Says Thank You to hardslog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hardslog Ad-Free
26th November 2015, 11:07 AM |#4  
sabret00the's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 542
 
More
Finally, official status!
The Following User Says Thank You to sabret00the For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sabret00the Ad-Free
27th November 2015, 08:55 PM |#5  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,730
 
Donate to Me
More
Nice! Nice! Nice!

Time for me to get some more roms out I guess
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
30th November 2015, 09:27 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
ro.product.device missing?
Not sure if I'm an isolated case for this, but I couldn't flash anything with this recovery because the updater script in ROMs would fail at ro.product.device, basically instead of shieldtablet being there it was blank. Went back to unofficial TWRP and now no problems.

Can anyone care to confirm if this is an issue with the official recovery image?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTheRave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveTheRave Ad-Free
30th November 2015, 02:29 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag FUXDA
Thanks Meter: 3,294
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheRave

Not sure if I'm an isolated case for this, but I couldn't flash anything with this recovery because the updater script in ROMs would fail at ro.product.device, basically instead of shieldtablet being there it was blank. Went back to unofficial TWRP and now no problems.

Can anyone care to confirm if this is an issue with the official recovery image?

Yes, It is an issue I am working on..

Thx for the feedback, I will be posting a working version soon..

Thx Josh

EDIT:

Can I get some feedback on this, seems to be working as expected...

Changelog:
Remove vendor init, cm is able to install now.

TWRP 2.8.7.1 DOWNLOAD LINK !!

Thx Josh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
30th November 2015, 11:02 PM |#8  
el3ctrik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Hi Josh,

I'm trying to use the TWRP build on my new replacement device (received it last Monday). All I've done since unboxing is set a PIN and enable encryption. On booting, the /data partition isn't mounted, with the following error:

Code:
E:Unable to mount '/data'
E:Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/data'
...done
E:Unable to mount storage.
E:Unable to mount /data/media during GUI startup.
Full SELinux support is present.
E:Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps when trying to read settings file.
E:Unable to mount '/data'
MTP Enabled
I tried using the
Code:
adb shell twrp decrypt <pin>
command to decrypt using adb, but get the following response:

Code:
Attempting to decrypt data partition via command line.
E:No crypto support was compiled into this build.
This is with both the 2.8.7.0 official build, and the 2.8.7.1 build you reference above. Is it possible to get crypto support enabled please?
The Following User Says Thank You to el3ctrik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift el3ctrik Ad-Free
1st December 2015, 01:42 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag FUXDA
Thanks Meter: 3,294
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el3ctrik

Hi Josh,

I'm trying to use the TWRP build on my new replacement device (received it last Monday). All I've done since unboxing is set a PIN and enable encryption. On booting, the /data partition isn't mounted, with the following error:

Code:
E:Unable to mount '/data'
E:Unable to recreate /data/media folder.
Updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/data'
...done
E:Unable to mount storage.
E:Unable to mount /data/media during GUI startup.
Full SELinux support is present.
E:Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps when trying to read settings file.
E:Unable to mount '/data'
MTP Enabled
I tried using the
Code:
adb shell twrp decrypt <pin>
command to decrypt using adb, but get the following response:

Code:
Attempting to decrypt data partition via command line.
E:No crypto support was compiled into this build.
This is with both the 2.8.7.0 official build, and the 2.8.7.1 build you reference above. Is it possible to get crypto support enabled please?

Yes, this is a HUGE issue.....

I need to look at making this happen....

Thx Josh

EDIT:

Ok lets give this a go

Changelog:
Added decryption support.

TWRP 2.8.7.2 DOWNLOAD LINK !!

Thx Josh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
1st December 2015, 08:47 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
The recovery does not work with the Nvidia shield k1 tablet. It cant write to the system partition.
1st December 2015, 09:02 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag FUXDA
Thanks Meter: 3,294
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipp21897

The recovery does not work with the Nvidia shield k1 tablet. It cant write to the system partition.

I am going to need just a bit more

Please run: adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

Upload or pastebin the output

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lj50036 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes