Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-28-11.jpg
Views:	18874
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	3381760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-28-10-37-16.jpg
Views:	18276
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	3381764  
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free

19th June 2015, 08:02 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,470

Donate to Me
More
Content removed.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free
19th June 2015, 08:03 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Content removed.
20th June 2015, 02:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hi Zulu, I think I saw someone get a bit of hate for this suggestion with your Nexus Player LolliRock ROM but is it possible to install the Leanback Launcher onto this full Android ROM and emulate most of the Android TV experience? My reason would be that I want the freedom of the full Play Store app and settings but I do like the Android TV interface for use from my couch.
Also, presumably this requires an unlocked bootloader but not root because I've been struggling to root my 16 GB model.

Thanks for your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to BenjiHansell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BenjiHansell Ad-Free
20th June 2015, 04:55 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiHansell

Hi Zulu, I think I saw someone get a bit of hate for this suggestion with your Nexus Player LolliRock ROM but is it possible to install the Leanback Launcher onto this full Android ROM and emulate most of the Android TV experience? My reason would be that I want the freedom of the full Play Store app and settings but I do like the Android TV interface for use from my couch.
Also, presumably this requires an unlocked bootloader but not root because I've been struggling to root my 16 GB model.

Thanks for your work.

Sure that you can. The leanback launcher is a stupid launcher like others but just a little more stupid because not support mouse. But you can start Android TV apps also without leanback launcher. http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=leanback...type=apps_post

You can start the leanback launcher also like an app if you create a shortcut like in this video https://youtu.be/NMqz8e33oq8 So when you install Android TV apps, you can have all in one bad place that is the leanback launcher. Without create a shortcut for every Android TV app. ( 10 in total )
I prferer Googl Now Launcher.

People not understand that you need just more accessibility on apps and this depend from developers.
You can control an app with a mouse, dpad or controller if a developer want this.
After that you can use Android, Android TV or also Android NOOB.

One thing is sure, Android TV is limited on purpose and you can't have all apps from Google Play.
The 320 dpi in build.prop is not compatible with many beautiful apps also if you sideload.
Every standard app is better and faster than the leanback version. Try standard youtube and leanback youtube to understand.
For me the life is too short to waste time with directional keys. I never used a classic Smart TV for this reason and all my TV are Smart TV.

For this reason i like full Android.

You think that if Android TV was better than Android I lose most of my free time to build these firmware ? I'm not so stupid.

But do not worry i appreciate and respect the requests of all
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free
20th June 2015, 05:16 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
To have Youtube at 1080p and up read this post
https://plus.google.com/+VideomapIt/posts/QiC1Pksvzaq

I suggest to read also the comments. to understand really what i think.

I am very tired of the forced closures made to defend the economic interests of a few.
Many of these closures are also passed off as security but are just violations of the rules for fair competition between companies.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 06:49 AM |#7  
Flag Amarillo
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I hope I am not overlooking something due to lack of sleep, but am I correct in saying the nvidia game controller that came with the box doesn't work in this rom? My box isn't recognizing the controller after flashing rom, gapps, and su

After reading a little closer I see it can be made to work if connected via usb, but I much rather have it work wireless since I use the box connected to a network cable and wireless network connection doesn't pose any interference for me. Is there a way to restore the wireless controller connection?
21st June 2015, 09:29 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelebeR

I hope I am not overlooking something due to lack of sleep, but am I correct in saying the nvidia game controller that came with the box doesn't work in this rom? My box isn't recognizing the controller after flashing rom, gapps, and su

After reading a little closer I see it can be made to work if connected via usb, but I much rather have it work wireless since I use the box connected to a network cable and wireless network connection doesn't pose any interference for me. Is there a way to restore the wireless controller connection?

For the controller in wireless mode: ( wired works well )

Request it to Nvidia sayng:

Please Nvidia if you sell an hardware controller, why you not publish the drivers for Android, Windows and Linux like all other companies that sell an hardware controller ? Or explain how to add it in a custom firmware ? You publish also the source code, why not publish it as closed binaries like others parts proprietary ?

In the second post you can find an alternative to use the controller in wireless mode.
It work better than native wireless mode, everyone can compare also in Nvidia Grid. ( Grid is beautiful also with my bad adsl )

And don't forget that you can use also any other standard controller ( also a 5$ chinese controller ), because the voice search capability and audio routing is possible in this firmware in many ways. The smarter way to make voice search in google now ( the full google now ) is with a webcam attached or with a bluetooth headsets. It's smarter because you can do this without nothing in your hands. Just sayng: " OK Google " + videochats in hangout and more...

Unfortunally i can't solve this for now. The only one thing that not work, but not for my incompetence.

I don't want use bad words to explain better why this behaviour. But smart people can understand.
21st June 2015, 08:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Has anyone tried this on a shield tablet? I would assume you ca get a close experience. Also are the Nvidia apps bundled in the rom(controller, grid, game stream)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
21st June 2015, 10:24 PM |#10  
Flag Amarillo
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I like this ROM, but I have come across a few things that might make me go back to stock. The problem with wireless game controller not working unless tethered to the device (Not zulu99's fault), and Doom 3 will no longer run. You start it and it immediately just goes back to the home screen without any error to reference. I downloaded the stock image and am still debating as to whether I want to go back to stock or not.. I didn't say it before and I should have, but thanks for all the time and effort you have invested in this ROM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RebelebeR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RebelebeR Ad-Free
21st June 2015, 11:56 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelebeR

I like this ROM, but I have come across a few things that might make me go back to stock. The problem with wireless game controller not working unless tethered to the device (Not zulu99's fault), and Doom 3 will no longer run. You start it and it immediately just goes back to the home screen without any error to reference. I downloaded the stock image and am still debating as to whether I want to go back to stock or not.. I didn't say it before and I should have, but thanks for all the time and effort you have invested in this ROM.

you have read the second post about the controller config. it work well for me. what is your problem ? why you can't tether ? I'm curious.
The Following User Says Thank You to zulu99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zulu99 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
shield-tv
Previous Thread Next Thread