[ROM][StockRestyle 3.0 Marshmallow for Shield Android TV][v.1.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darktyroll

Jan 31, 2010
Good, i will try soon, i dont think i have free time in next 2 days.
I other order, what is the best procedure (step by step) to get this rom if we are now on Full Android 2.2?
Please put this procedure on StockRestyle 3.0 for Shield Android TV info.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
I other order, what is the best procedure (step by step) to get this rom if we are now on Full Android 2.2?

Download the Marshmallow OTA
copy it in the download folder of shield tv
and install stock Marshmallow ota with twrp recovery selecting it from download folder.
You don't need install twrp recovery you can boot it without install with the command fastboot boot your_twrp_recovery.img

when you have stock Marshmallow firmware, you can install the StockRestyle.

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
Last edited:

Crowland

Jan 17, 2015
So what's the diffrents between this and the new full android when releases please ? Just nvidia joypad and remote working ?

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Does the Nvidia Game Controllers work with Wifi Direct? I mean like a normal use in stock?

all stock functionalities are working.
this is the stock firmware with full google play inside and custom launcher. + webcam working in skype and hangouts + better apps resolution 220 dpi for standard android apps

netvlada

Mar 22, 2009
On Nvidia forum,there are many,many posts about HDD and SD cards memory problems on 6.0.
Did you have sorted some Nvidia bugs,or you have just add your work on the top of their sw?
Beside of SD cards which can be used like internal memory,i dont see any point of Nvida 6.0.
Do you see some Nvidia improvements: like picture quality,speed, or something else which is crucial but was not in stock 5.1?
Does your Restyle version have something from Vulcan?

Last edited:

Crowland

Jan 17, 2015
Thwnk you for your reply, Will this ROM have the castng hack as I have read marshmallow is stopping some app from casting ?

sdugoten

Sep 25, 2008
I wonder if this firmware support 4K resolution in Netflix and Youtube? As I understand, the full android firmware v2.2 don't support 4K resolution in Netflix and Youtube. Moreover, the wireless mode of the controller works? Because you mentioned the multi touch don't work in your note section in the first post.

tailslol

Sep 20, 2015
I wonder if this firmware support 4K resolution in Netflix and Youtube? As I understand, the full android firmware v2.2 don't support 4K resolution in Netflix and Youtube. Moreover, the wireless mode of the controller works? Because you mentioned the multi touch don't work in your note section in the first post.
This one does work because this rom is mostly android tv

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
On Nvidia forum,there are many,many posts about HDD and SD cards memory problems on 6.0.
Did you have sorted some Nvidia bugs,or you have just add your work on the top of their sw?
Beside of SD cards which can be used like internal memory,i dont see any point of Nvida 6.0.
Do you see some Nvidia improvements: like picture quality,speed, or something else which is crucial but was not in stock 5.1?
Does your Restyle version have something from Vulcan?

I think that full Android 5.1 is the best firmware for SATV and the best firmware in the world with no exception. I have many many Android devices for my work, i'm sure on this.

But if you need a better stock firmware where you can download all apps directly from Google Play StockRestyle is for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenG7

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009

Maybe i'm not clear, this is the stock firmware + stuff, you can do everything the stock can do + stuff.

If you have a 4k TV and a Netflix 4k account enabled, also on full Android 5.1 you can have 4k with the Netflix Android TV app. In general 4k h265 videos are working very very well with full Android 5.1

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Thanks for posting this @zulu99!
As soon as I get my system up and going again I plan on flashing this! Can't wait to see what you did!

Alternatives my friend, just alternatives, because i think that the user must be able to choose and not be a monkey in the hands of big companies.
I like when users are the real owner of their devices, and i hate when companies force users in a direction or in another at expense of all others companies and developers.

The Root is the first thing to be the real owner of your device, because i don't think you can be sure when another person have the keys of your house.
It's just a metaphor, but in the digital world, the users without root can be forced in the directions that big companies want.

Last edited:
Reactions: TROJAN4EVR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Content removed.
    Content removed.

Download the Marshmallow OTA
    copy it in the download folder of shield tv
    and install stock Marshmallow ota with twrp recovery selecting it from download folder.
    You don't need install twrp recovery you can boot it without install with the command fastboot boot your_twrp_recovery.img

when you have stock Marshmallow firmware, you can install the StockRestyle.
    Is there a way to have stock shield android tv launcher with full Google play store?
    i'm very happy that i created this firmware, so many users now can understand the differences between Android and Android TV.
    when you can install all apps from Google Play you can understand better the differences.

apart the graphic things, if you are not an Android developer, you can't understand well the core differences between the two firmwares.
    and if you don't understand well this differences, you can't also understand what directions want big companies for you.

big companies want sell services and is normal, they prefer that you buy Netflix , movies in Google Play Movies, Youtube red etc.
    Big companies for sure don't want that you use pirate software and i understand and approve, but to do this you can't lock an user in a cage.

I think that to sell services, you must create a good service that is more convenient that use a pirate service.
    quality, easy to use, cheap are the key, but the most important thing is not create limitations for the users.