What we do know So far.
1. How to access Fast boot mode?
there are two ways to access fast boot. The first way to access fast boot mode,
1. Buy a male to male USB 3 cable, & plug it into the USB port furthest away from the hdmi port.
2. In settings of the shield, go to storage.
3. Enable USB transfer
4. In settings go to about, then build version.
5. Click on build version 5 times.
6. Under settings, go to developer options.
7. Enable USB debugging.
8. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed from Nvidias website.
9. Download ADB Command prompt/fastboot
10. Type "adb devices"
11. You may get a prompt on your shield about allowing debugging, if so make sure you allow it.
12. Type "adb devices" again if a device shows up then great! move on to the next step.
13. Type "adb reboot bootloader"
The second way of getting into fastboot mode, is the following
1. Unplug your power cable from the device.
2. Plug in your Shield game controller in the usb closest to the hdmi port.
3. Hold down buttons A & B.
4. While holding down the two buttons, put in your power cable.
5. Keep holding down the buttons.
6. If all done correctly you should see the fast boot menu now on your screen.
Congratulations your device should now be in the fastboot menu, Note in order to navigate the fast boot menu you will need your game controller plugged into the usb port next to the hdmi port.
2. Is their a download link for the latest OTA update?
Yes, you can get 5.0.1 from here, http://ota-downloads.nvidia.com/ota/...0116175313.zip
3. What will happen if i try and install twrp on my shield?
Your device will try to boot it, then it will reboot and repair the recovery partition of your shield, then boot into androids 7.0 operating system.
4. A unofficial version of TWRP is out
https://forum.xda-developers.com/shi...-2017-t3545544 use at your own risk!
5. Recovery images are out for the 2017 Shield (16GB Only)
5.01 Retail: http://developer.download.nvidia.com...2017-5.0.1.zip
5.01 Developer: http://developer.download.nvidia.com...dev_rooted.zip