Thanks Meter: 87

By yahoo2016, Senior Member on 19th December 2015, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2017, 11:58 AM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo2016

Did you make sda1 boot.img 28.2 from L4T 28.x source?
I do not have SATV 2017, but as you described, dtb of SATV 2017 may be compatible with L4T 28.x.

Well, initially I tried your sda1 boot.img, but the kernel restarted after 30 seconds due to panic, so I took apart the boot.img and created a new inetramfs and it worked. I was able to see the Ubuntu desktop (your zImage + my initramfs + rootfs 24.2.1 + no flashing of dtb). Unfortunately I made the mistake of leaving the mounting of partition 29 in the init.c, so both sda1 and partition 29 were mounted and then I switched off the shield. This may have caused the shield to reboot every time after the Nvidia logo, when using the shield normally as android. I did try to make the kernel from L4T 28.2.1 source but I did not know that I had to put some cmdline in the config file in order for the kernel to show what happens on the console, so my kernel did not work or maybe worked, I do not know since I can not see anything and I tested without putting the usb (rootfs) in, so even if it worked I would have not be able to see the desktop.
What I think is that the flashing of the dbt is necessary in older ROM (I use the latest ROM 5.2), that is because in older ROM you had to flash the dtb also. I'm now trying to get the android back and then I will work on L4T 28.1.
Another thing, that I noticed, is that there are two partitions concerning the rootfs, the APP partition, which contains the rootfs and the UDA partition, which should be empty and used as data space, so the rootfs should go in the APP partition and not the UDA partition, in the shield 2017 APP -> mmcblk0p19 and UDA -> mmcblk0p33
The Following User Says Thank You to chtulu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chtulu Ad-Free

18th August 2017, 02:11 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi everyone, my idea is to use the (to buy) Shield TV 2017 only as a Ubuntu only system with tvheadend / oscam and plex media server with hardware assisted transcoding. And leave it as a headless system somewhere in the house. Is this possible? I cannot get this clear from this thread. Any advise is appreciated.
18th August 2017, 08:29 PM |#543  

More
my report:

satv 2015 16GB (android 7)

last update change dts to 24.00.2015.42-t210-fcf112d9 from 24.00.2015.42-foster-t210-b26a161f (cboot)

sda1.img

boot from usb flash (usb3.0)
L4T 28.1 and driver 28.1 - kernel panic. restart 30 seconds.

boot from hdd drive (usb3.0)
boot ok, but stuck on nvidia script init.

L4T 24.2.1 and driver 24.2.1
Work fine! but after update & upgrade system libc6-bin seg fault.

L4T 28.1 and driver 24.2.1
Work fine!. update & upgrade work fine. w/o hold xorg-core worked fine to.

on all versions Does not work wifi
18th August 2017, 08:53 PM |#544  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter1971

Hi everyone, my idea is to use the (to buy) Shield TV 2017 only as a Ubuntu only system with tvheadend / oscam and plex media server with hardware assisted transcoding. And leave it as a headless system somewhere in the house. Is this possible? I cannot get this clear from this thread. Any advise is appreciated.

I am also trying to get answers to the same thing. Also interested in knowing if it allows running tensor flow for some small deep learning models.
18th August 2017, 10:57 PM |#545  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Linux For Tegra R28.1 /kernel 4.4.15 for our device?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo2016

Update:

The following have been tested for SATV ROM 3.x.

Am I going crazy or have NVidia finally released updated developer software for our hardware?

Quote:

Linux For Tegra R28.1
Overview

NVIDIA is pleased to announce the latest release of Linux for Tegra is now available.

NVIDIA Tegra Linux Driver Package supports development for the following platform:

NVIDIA® Tegra® X1 series (Jetson TX1 Developer Kit)
NVIDIA® Tegra® X2 series (Jetson TX2 Developer Kit)

Supported Features

Kernel version 4.4.15
Support for 64-bit user space and runtime libraries
Vulkan Support
V4L2 media-controller driver support for camera sensors (bypassing ISP)
libargus provides low-level frame-synchronous API for camera applications
RAW output CSI cameras needing ISP can be used with either libargus or GStreamer plugin
Media APIs:
OpenGL 4.5
OpenGL ES 3.2
OpenGL ES path extensions
EGL 1.4 with EGLImage
X Resize, Rotate and Reflect Extension (RandR) 1.4
X11 Support
U-Boot

https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra
20th August 2017, 01:07 PM |#546  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniGM

Am I going crazy or have NVidia finally released updated developer software for our hardware?

https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra

L4T R28.1 (Jetpack 3.1) is for Jetson TX1/TX2. SATVs and TX1s have the same X1 SOM (system on module) but different hardware and therefor different device tree.

L4T R24.2.1 and earlier have Device Tree source code for SATVs. It doesn't seem R28.1 includes Device Tree source code for SATVs

Jetson TX1/TX2 use Uboot, the SOM is in developer mode (no private key) and therefor can not be bricked due to wrong device tree, kernel and other partitions.

SATVs can be bricked if some partitions are flashed with wrong files. There are many posts about bricked SATVs.
21st August 2017, 12:20 AM |#547  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouter1971

Using SATV with L4T as headless system is easy.
At least, my SATV (2015 16GB L4T R24.2.1) is only connect to LAN and power cable.
It works without HDMI display and I can access to it using ssh.
I just installed L4T R24.2.1 to my SATV and it worked as headless system.
I added some kernel options and built kernel from source code, but I don't think kernel build is not required to make headless system.

I don't know about oscam or plex media server.
If they are not provided by ubuntu repository, you might need to build them from source code.
Same kernel and ubuntu of Jetson TX1 is working on SATV with L4T R24.
If you can find instructions for Jetson TX1, it might also works on SATV.
This instructions is written for JetsonTK1 but it might help you to find out how to install plex on your SATV.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...ms-on-the-tk1/
21st August 2017, 06:33 PM |#548  

More
Quote:

L4T 28.1 and driver 24.2.1
Work fine!. update & upgrade work fine. w/o hold xorg-core worked fine to.

on all versions Does not work wifi

Do you mean source kernel L4T 28.1 and ROOTFS 28.2.1?

What about the DTB file?
21st August 2017, 11:30 PM |#549  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demotomohiro

Using SATV with L4T as headless system is easy.
At least, my SATV (2015 16GB L4T R24.2.1) is only connect to LAN and power cable.
It works without HDMI display and I can access to it using ssh.
I just installed L4T R24.2.1 to my SATV and it worked as headless system.
I added some kernel options and built kernel from source code, but I don't think kernel build is not required to make headless system.

I don't know about oscam or plex media server.
If they are not provided by ubuntu repository, you might need to build them from source code.
Same kernel and ubuntu of Jetson TX1 is working on SATV with L4T R24.
If you can find instructions for Jetson TX1, it might also works on SATV.
This instructions is written for JetsonTK1 but it might help you to find out how to install plex on your SATV.

Thankyou, all is available on ubuntu repository or can be compiled. If hardware transcoding is working too that would be awesome.
22nd August 2017, 08:41 AM |#550  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chtulu

Do you mean source kernel L4T 28.1 and ROOTFS 28.2.1?

What about the DTB file?

I mean Sample Root Filesystem 28.1(developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-sample-root-filesystem-28-1) and Driver Packages (developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-jetson-tx1-driver-package-24-2-1) from archive.

I don't flash DTB file.
22nd August 2017, 02:02 PM |#551  

More
Quote:

I mean Sample Root Filesystem 28.1(developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-sample-root-filesystem-28-1) and Driver Packages (developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-jetson-tx1-driver-package-24-2-1) from archive.

I don't flash DTB file.

So, what boot image have you used? The one attached on the first page?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)