FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Build kernel from source and boot to Ubuntu using L4T (Linux for Tegra) rootfs

392 posts
Thanks Meter: 87
 
By yahoo2016, Senior Member on 19th December 2015, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2017, 11:12 PM |#591  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo2016

mmcblk0p33.img can be download from here:

Please try it use "sudo fastboot boot mmcblk0p33.img"

hi yahoo2016,

When I use this boot image mmcblk0p33.img for new Shield TV 2017, it can boot up without problems but it seems some problem with some internal driver?
when I hooked up a usb camera I cannot see /dev/video0 device.
If I switch back to sda1.img and use roofs on my USB drive everything works just fine. I think it should not be my roofs problem.

when boot from sda1.img,
Code:
ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo dmesg | grep video
[    7.145279] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device HD Pro Webcam C920 (046d:082d)
while boot with mmcblk0p33.img,
Code:
ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo dmesg | grep video
[    0.336250] Linux video capture interface: v2.00
I think here is the problem.

If you can share some hint how to build this boot image maybe i can debug to see what is the issue.

Thanks,

Xishan
 
 
3rd December 2017, 11:10 PM |#592  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
hey guys, been longer away, but still have one of my shields 2015 running the L4T on it (not entirely sure which version though anymore), lsb_release says 16.0.4.1 LTS Xenial.
Now I was wondering if I can update it without breaking it and which packages need to be held back? Thanks!
4th December 2017, 01:26 AM |#593  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnkoj

hey guys, been longer away, but still have one of my shields 2015 running the L4T on it (not entirely sure which version though anymore), lsb_release says 16.0.4.1 LTS Xenial.
Now I was wondering if I can update it without breaking it and which packages need to be held back? Thanks!

L4T R24.2.1 is still the last known working version for SATV.

I have been trying L4T R28 on Jetson TX1/TX2, there are many issues.

There is no DTS for SATV (foster) in L4T R28. It appears Nvidia dropped L4T support for SATV since release of TX2.
The Following User Says Thank You to yahoo2016 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yahoo2016 Ad-Free
4th December 2017, 06:32 PM |#594  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo2016

L4T R24.2.1 is still the last known working version for SATV.

I have been trying L4T R28 on Jetson TX1/TX2, there are many issues.

There is no DTS for SATV (foster) in L4T R28. It appears Nvidia dropped L4T support for SATV since release of TX2.

Thanks. But what about the Ubuntu updates through apt-get, can I do those? BTW are you updating the latest usable kernel with security updates?
edit> one more thing, did we give up on chainloading o-boot after the android bootloader? This guy got it working for the old OMAP devices, perhaps useable ideas?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...pport-t2201146
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...iboot-t1680898
6th December 2017, 01:17 AM |#595  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnkoj

Thanks. But what about the Ubuntu updates through apt-get, can I do those? BTW are you updating the latest usable kernel with security updates?
edit> one more thing, did we give up on chainloading o-boot after the android bootloader? This guy got it working for the old OMAP devices, perhaps useable ideas?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...pport-t2201146
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...iboot-t1680898

I do not see issues for "sudo apt-get update".
I have not touched my SATVs for long time. I have been busy with TX1s/TX2s at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to yahoo2016 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yahoo2016 Ad-Free
6th December 2017, 10:45 AM |#596  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo2016

I do not see issues for "sudo apt-get update".
I have not touched my SATVs for long time. I have been busy with TX1s/TX2s at work.

Thanks mate.
Speaking of tx1/2, I saw the tx1 costs 239e now, whole the tx2 costs 600e. Is everything working fine with those? Is it possible to compile kernels natively on those, eventually use a different distronic than Ubuntu with working nvidia drivers (eg like for desktop cards in PCs for instance with gentoo)?
8th December 2017, 02:20 AM |#597  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnkoj

Thanks mate.
Speaking of tx1/2, I saw the tx1 costs 239e now, whole the tx2 costs 600e. Is everything working fine with those? Is it possible to compile kernels natively on those, eventually use a different distronic than Ubuntu with working nvidia drivers (eg like for desktop cards in PCs for instance with gentoo)?

Unless more GPU cores are needed, TX1s are better valued. TX1s are compatible with earlier versions of L4Ts, TX2s only support L4T 27 and later.
There are significant differences between kernel of L4T 24.2.1 and kernels of L4T 27 and later.
L4T 24.2.1 has been stable and everything seems working (the same for SATV) as far as I know.
There have been many issues reported for TX2s on Nvidia Devtalk.
I have been natively compiling L4T kernels for both TX1s and TX2s. 32 bit compilers are not needed for later L4Ts.
We are more hardware oriented to use TX1s/TX2s for sensor (e.g., MIPI cameras, IMUs) related work and have not tried to use OSs other than L4T. The vendors only supply drivers for L4T.
The Following User Says Thank You to yahoo2016 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yahoo2016 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes