By yahoo2016, Senior Member on 19th December 2015, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2018, 05:29 PM |#641  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efecto369

Hi,
I cheked many times before all the points that you suggest, anyway i checked again (I really want to get this working).
I can miss something but i tried many many options.
I format all usb devices from lubuntu machine with:

sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1

And Gtparted say only one partition.

Today, when i was launching all the boot images again with a litle hard disk attached, i found one detail that i didn't realised before:

-With boot image mmcblk0p29.img there are some messages before the boot process crash whith my USB2 external hard disk attached on usb port near Hdmi conector, is recognised during boot process like "sd 0:0:0:0:[sda]" , and after there is message that say: "Assuming drive cache: write through sda: sda1", but the strange thing is that with "sda1.img" there is no message regarding to hard disk detection, only the "EXT-4 (sda1): error loading Journal" message.

-Note:This model only has two usb ports, no sd , no mini usb.
ID of my device is: tegra210-darcy-p2894-0050-a04-00.dtb.

Sorry about my english.

"USB2 external hard disk attached on usb port" - So, you're using external hdd instead of usb flash drive?
Make sure there is no bad sector in that hdd. When I searched the error message "EXT-4 (sda1): error loading Journal", many threads I found suggest corrupted disk. Corruption could be either the image file or the hardware disk itself. So, I'd suggest re-doing from scratch, downloading fresh new files, with a different drive.

* and sorry I forgot 2017 version didn't have micro-usb. Maybe I was confused with Pro version.

18th May 2018, 11:44 AM |#642  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I met the same problem about reboot back to android.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithuestad

Thank you for all your help thus far. I've flashed the appropriate dtb file but when booting from the boot image for the sdcard the SATV starts to load ubuntu and then it looks like it encounters some errors and reboots back into android.

I was using the shield 2017 to install ubuntu and it seemd start installing but reboots back to android in 10 seconds. How didi you fixed that? I was using usb driver mode because there is no sd slot in 2017 version.
I did't flash the dtb file, though I knew the dtb name but I didn't know where to download the dtb file. Is dtb file very important? Or should I turn on the develop mode?
Can you help me?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo2016

Can you try the following?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=421

I am using 2017 16gb, and it will reboots back to android after start installing ubuntu in 10 seconds.
Your previous method is just for dowloading the rootfs to usb or sd card.
Hope for your reply, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)