FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone have Directv Now on their Shield yet?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By S7GearHead, Junior Member on 30th November 2016, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just wondering if it can be side-loaded and operating correctly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S7GearHead For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S7GearHead Ad-Free

1st December 2016, 03:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would love to know as well. Really want to jump on the early offer.
1st December 2016, 03:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Why start another thread on this when one already exist?
1st December 2016, 06:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techjunky90

Why start another thread on this when one already exist?

Link to that thread? All I have seen has been the DirecTV app, not DirecTV Now app.
1st December 2016, 02:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7GearHead

Just wondering if it can be side-loaded and operating correctly.

I sidloaded last night. The remote will not function, have to use gamepad. I was unable to view the guide. It was not a good experience. I will just continue casting until/if they support android tv.
1st December 2016, 02:58 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmerrick

I sidloaded last night. The remote will not function, have to use gamepad. I was unable to view the guide. It was not a good experience. I will just continue casting until/if they support android tv.

Thanks, I truly dislike using the controller for my TV operations. I have a Fire TV and was experiencing streaming issues using the service. Day 1 launch problems.
1st December 2016, 09:55 PM |#7  
Flag Bridgetown

Donate to Me
More
anyone able to get a hold of the apk for the fire tv? that should work with the shield tv with the remote and all
2nd December 2016, 03:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chono631

anyone able to get a hold of the apk for the fire tv? that should work with the shield tv with the remote and all

Fire TV made apps won't work outside Amazon devices due to device compatibility checks that are perform during the launch of the apps. I tried this with the Vue app on my Nexus player.
2nd December 2016, 11:46 AM |#9  
Flag Bridgetown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcalstone

Fire TV made apps won't work outside Amazon devices due to device compatibility checks that are perform during the launch of the apps. I tried this with the Vue app on my Nexus player.

I tried it with the iTV fire apps and the Amazon video app and got them to work by basically looking at the dependent amazon apps and installing them as well. If I had a fire still I'd give it a go but alas I don't.
2nd December 2016, 04:35 PM |#10  

More
Ok, so I was able to extract the Fire TV .apk file and sideload onto my Nvidia Shield TV. I was able to open it and navigate using the standard Shield remote. The only issue I am having is playing live TV content. Sometimes it loaded fine and other times it gives me an error and telling me to Refresh the content. Seems to be very buggy for Android TV. Here is a link to the extracted .apk file. I would like to see what you guys get trying this out.

uploadfiles.io/52771#.WEGhSyGy1_U.email
The Following User Says Thank You to mattvandoes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattvandoes Ad-Free
2nd December 2016, 06:28 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvandoes

Ok, so I was able to extract the Fire TV .apk file and sideload onto my Nvidia Shield TV. I was able to open it and navigate using the standard Shield remote. The only issue I am having is playing live TV content. Sometimes it loaded fine and other times it gives me an error and telling me to Refresh the content. Seems to be very buggy for Android TV. Here is a link to the extracted .apk file. I would like to see what you guys get trying this out.

uploadfiles.io/52771#.WEGhSyGy1_U.email

I will try it this evening when I get home from work. What you are describing is basically the same issues I am having with the supported Fire TV device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)