FORUMS

View Poll Results: Which DTV NOW app do you use?

Modified

57 Vote(s)
82.61%
Unmodified

12 Vote(s)
17.39%

The Ultimate DIRECTV NOW and FIRE TV APK Repository

1,098 posts
Thanks Meter: 707

By ACHILLES R32, Senior Member on 15th October 2018, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Welcome to the most extensive DirecTV Now and Fire TV repository thread.

Over the last few months I have gathered various DirecTV now apks and other Fire TV apks.

My plan is to continue uploading the latest DirecTV apk files and various Fire TV apps until they are officially available on the Shield TV.

Feel free to comment and request any Fire TV apks that I have not uploaded , I'll do my best to keep the apps up-to-date.

Since it's time consuming I may not update the less popular apps frequently. Unless someone requests it.

I want to thank anyone that contributed to the previous thread. Please continue to post any questions or issues you guys have .

Please read the FAQ some of your questions may already be answered.

Click Here to Download APKs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTV NOW RELEASE NOTES:
What's new in version 2.0.16.04257
•Support of Accessibility standards
•Performance improvements and bug fixes

IMPORTANT
So I have Decide to release multiple versions of each released, please pick the best one for your device and needs.
I’ll be releasing the Original Amazon APKs for DTV Now and ATT Watch TV, Modified APKs (amazon verification removed) ,

HBR (high bitrate video/audio and amazon verification removed) if you are using any amazon apps that are not modified they will not work when the HBR apks are installed. The base apk that I use for the HBR mods is the one that has the amazon verification removed
and
HBR_Adrem_Root (HBR with On-demand ads removed, root support also amazon verification removed)
This APK for now will only be Available for DTV Now for the time being, need to run tests for the ATT app and see if that works. If you using any other amazon apps that are NOT modified, please do not install this version. It will break the unmodified apps
IMPORTANT: AD REMOVAL IS NOT PERFECT, BUT WORKS 98% . THE MICKEY MOUSE SHOWS CONTINUE TO CRASH ON Disney Jr . JOE ROCKHEAD TRIED TO FIX THE ISSUE , BUT FIXING THE ISSUE ON THE MICKEY SHOWS, CAUSES ADS TO RETURN ON OTHER NETWORKS.

***As of June 2019 this is the only version that works without ads DirecTVNow_2.0.16.03256_HBR_ADrem_Root , DTV has unfortunately patched things on their ad servers.***

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to ACHILLES R32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ACHILLES R32 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 01:29 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag VA

Donate to Me
More

Click Here to Download APKs

*** IMPORTANT: As of version v3.0.1.03110 location spoofing is no longer required, ATT have fixed the location error messages ***
Just download the desired version and Enjoy!!
I did reorganize the folders a bit , old releases are the APKs that require spoofing.
Personally I recommend that everyone install the latest release.

As with the previous releases I'm still uploading the untouched Amazon APKs and HBR APKs.
AT&T TV RELEASE NOTES:
What's new in version 3.0.2.01118
•Performance improvements and bug fixes
•User Interface & Playback enhancements
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACHILLES R32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ACHILLES R32 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 01:31 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag VA

Donate to Me
More
Direct TV NOW Android TV/ Fire TV FAQ

Which devices does this app work on?
Shield TV 2015/2017 Pro and non Pro versions, Nexus Player , Mi Box and other Android TV boxes .
Also confirmed that the app works on Sony Bravia Android TVs 2017/2018 models, anything above version 2.0.13.05128 will require location spoofing on Sony TVs. Continue reading if you have questions about location spoofing

Should I install Version 1.0 or 2.0 etc?
I would recommend that you always have the latest stable version installed.
Main reason that the version 2.0 is recommended is because it supports cloud DVR and 5.1 surround sound in certain instances.
If you have version 1.0 or the beta installed, uninstall both before using the latest stable version ( 2.0.x)

Q: Which version do I install modified unmodified or High Bitrate?
You can install either one, but they cannot be installed simultaneously.
Tip: if you have any other apps installed that require the amazon app store to be side loaded, use the _amazon version.

The higher bit rate apk has been tested to work on shield TV 2015/2017, it most likely works on other devices as well but i have not confirmed . If you have a low end device and limited bandwidth please use the DTV Now_Amazon apk. Also see .txt file in Higher Bitrate folder if you have questions.

I want to thank Veeco for discovering this mod. And IcerJo for beta testing the highbit apks for me .
and for additional bitrate testing done by IcerJo see post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=372

Q : Why do you have a modified version, how is it different?
The modified version does not require the amazon app store to be installed. All that is removed from the modified version is the amazon app store verification.
No longer updated after version 2.0.15.02146 (Please see .txt file in the modified folder or read original post for more details)

Q: Is the modified version less stable?
Personally I have not had any issues using the modified version, but your mileage may vary.

Q: Cant log into the App getting Error 201
Check the email or password you are inputting. There may be an extra space in the email field.
For example: [email protected] com as opposed to [email protected]
Credit and Thanks for this tip goes to uicnren

Q: DirecTV Now Not Authorized Error Message
1. Remove Amazon App Store (if installed)
2. Clear Data and Cache
3. Settings -> Apps -> DirecTV Now -> Clear Data/Cache
4. Make sure you have the permissions set for the DirecTV app.
5. Settings -> Apps -> DirecTV Now -> Permissions -> Location (ON)
Credit and Thanks for this tip goes to Johnny14o

Q: I have no picture, sound or get a error 40 message. What should I do?
Some users have reported that running the modified version results in video and audio issues. If you are having such issues with the modified version, try the unmodified version.

Q: Live TV has no sound, but on demand works.
Check the audio settings from the shield settings menu, users have reported that turning of surround sound or adjusting other sound options helped them resolve the issue

Q: Application can’t determine location or won’t play any channel (Gray Screen).
Enable both storage and location permissions and also under location select use Wi-Fi to estimate location
Sometimes it may take multiple toggles for the new permissions to register and a device restart maybe required.
Or you may need to spoof your location if using other Android TV devices such as Sony X900e , MiBox, etc. See last below for Spoofing instructions

Q: How to spoof your Location?

See method#2 ,if you don’t want to purchase app cloner

Download app cloner and see video for steps. https://youtu.be/xzuaYGUIK7Q . Credit goes to whiteboi-hakz for the video!

Location Spoofing is also necessary if you wan to run version 2.0.14.03143 and up on your Sony Android TVs .
Or if your Android TV device, fails to find your location even after you enabled the necessary settings and restarted the device multiple times. Once location is spoofed you do not need to re enable location and storage permissions.
Video on me using version .02146 on my Sony X900e with spoofed location. https://youtu.be/XPEA27JnhLA

App Cloner, is no longer available on the app store , see link to download. https://plus.google.com/communities/...46393129525806
Premium features must be unlocked for location spoofing to work . Sideload the App Cloner apk and to purchase premium features search "App Cloner " on Google Play Store. Cost is $3.99
If you get cloned app is device locked message , re clone app but enable device lock and key in device # to do this go to
clone settings >launching options>device lock> put in the device #

Method #2
Credit and Thanks goes to marc.ientilucci
1. Enable Developer mode
2. Install Fake GPS ( link https://apkpure.com/fake-gps/com.blo...rizons.fakegps )
3. In developer settings, choose the Fake GPS for mock locations
4. You will need the coordinates, so head over to google maps on your phone / pc and get the latitude and longitude of where you'd like to set your location.
5. Open the Fake GPS app and search - plug in your coordinates.
6. Click start
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACHILLES R32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ACHILLES R32 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 01:31 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag VA

Donate to Me
More
FIRE TV APPS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING ON SHIELD TV
-FOX Now
-A&E
-Adult Swim
-USA Network
-SyFy
-Discovery GO
-Velocity GO

UK Apps
-ITV
-All4
-My5

OFFICIAL ANDROID TV APPS AVAILABLE
- Philo
- NHL App
- NBC Sports
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACHILLES R32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ACHILLES R32 Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 01:38 AM |#5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Thank You Bro! As usual I will do any needed testing! And will assist with anything needed!
The Following User Says Thank You to IcerJo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IcerJo Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 02:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Awesome-sauce!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny14o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Johnny14o Ad-Free
15th October 2018, 03:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
This apply to the FireTV app on Shield? Anyone know how to bring up stats for nerds on the Shield??

FS1 & FS2 are now in 1080P/60.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DirecTVNow/..._now_in_1080p/
15th October 2018, 03:42 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag VA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhough

This apply to the FireTV app on Shield? Anyone know how to bring up stats for nerds on the Shield??

FS1 & FS2 are now in 1080P/60.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DirecTVNow/..._now_in_1080p/

I don't see why it wouldn't and I'm sure if a update is required they will release it . But I'll upload it either way lol

Somewhat off topic but I also read a article recently that they were going to start beta testing again for VR . If they do we got to jump on it

Original article
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dire...reams-in-2019/

"AT&T has not commented on plans to bring this new feature to other devices, but AT&T typically brings new features to most of the devices they support. Hopefully this new DIRECTV NOW beta will not be limited to AR headsets."

Sent from my Pixel 2
16th October 2018, 09:13 AM |#9  
Flag Vinton, VA
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Just an FYI,

Your modified (no Amazon Store) apk works on my 2018 Sony Bravia Android TV.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thecarp1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecarp1975 Ad-Free
16th October 2018, 03:01 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag VA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecarp1975

Just an FYI,

Your modified (no Amazon Store) apk works on my 2018 Sony Bravia Android TV.

Added it to the FAQ thanks, did you have to use a location spoofer? I know in the past I've thread people had to use a location spoofer to get things to work

Sent from my Pixel 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ACHILLES R32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ACHILLES R32 Ad-Free
16th October 2018, 06:14 PM |#11  
Flag Vinton, VA
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES R32

Added it to the FAQ thanks, did you have to use a location spoofer? I know in the past I've thread people had to use a location spoofer to get things to work

No, I just made sure permissions were set first and location (via WiFi) was turned on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thecarp1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecarp1975 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk, apps, directv, directv now, fire tv

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)