Search This thread

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
I am not sure why this is happening but I have discovered something interesting over the last few days. I have been using the v7 4.1.9.1 more havs kernel. I have found that when I have the 3500mah battery in, it uses more proportion wise that do the 1500 or 1800 mah batteries. Of course the 3500 will have more juice left at the end of the day in terms of a proportion of the total capacity, it uses more. I don't know why but it has been consistent for me. I have extended batteries. One is new and the other is 4 months old and it is the same for both.

toddlmr

Oct 3, 2010
Two days my charger has shut off and I've have woke with a dead battery. First time with 131. I switched to version 1.7 and out happened last night. See screenshots. Thanks
From last night
63b9831a-56f3-8327.jpg
63b9831a-56ff-0b2d.jpg

From 12/24
63b9831a-5791-f005.jpg
63b9831a-579a-48b0.jpg

Why cant they be seen?

Reshot log wit different program. Hopefully photos are better.
63b9831a-8120-ad31.jpg
63b9831a-812b-0095.jpg
63b9831a-8134-3042.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

tandxcstar1

Sep 6, 2009
Houston
V8 works well on sense. Charging to 100 then waiting 30 minutes. Will post ss. But so far smooth as silk. It can only oc to 1152000 though.

Sent from my tricked out pay phone across the street from the liquor store.

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
Last edited:
Dec 30, 2007
This Kernal

SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 Less Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-less-havs-cfs-v7.zip (2.9 MB)

Is the ****, It was 40 mins before it hit 99% after a full charge after 30 mins... WOW... thanks a bunch..

Reactions: Sean-El
Dec 12, 2010
screen problems

is anyone else experiencing a screen static some what issue? every time im using anything on phone theres like a static scribble areas around the screen.

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
is anyone else experiencing a screen static some what issue? every time im using anything on phone theres like a static scribble areas around the screen.

Yeah, random colored lines down the screen right? This happened to me on CM with any AOSP kernel. After you turn the screen off then on once it goes away. And sometimes you get screen tearing when swiping between homescreens.

Dec 12, 2010
well i kinda dont know the difference, im currently using 12.24 miui rom with SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 More Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-cfs-v7.zip (2.9 MB) kernel. which should i use?

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
well i kinda dont know the difference, im currently using 12.24 miui rom with SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 More Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-cfs-v7.zip (2.9 MB) kernel. which should i use?
any of these
AOSP Builds

v7
12/25/10 - SBC for BC's Kernel SBC-bcnice-stable-v7.zip (2.62 MB)
This is what I'm currently using at the moment. So this gets all the updates as of right now.

v8-BETA
12/25/10 - SBC for BC's Kernel SBC-bcnice-stable-v8.zip (2.62 MB)
This is what I've been testing for a while. This build contains auto bump charging based on the voltage as opposed to the full charge method. I don't know how it works on extended batteries yet...but works pretty good on stock batteries. With this, you should have a better chance of picking up the phone at higher voltages.

Check out SavageKernel or Zendroid![/CENTER]

Thanks to lowetax for making this post look good :)

stevcha

Dec 1, 2010
I have a question about the v7 4.1.9 kernel trickle charging. If the trickle charging wasn't working wouldn't I be seeing the -ma's as soon as the battery hit 100%? It seems like the trickle charging was working then just shut off based on my log stats. Just trying to make sense of it all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to Netarchy, Toast, Myn, and Hot_Hands. Big Thanks to NewZJ for helping me test this damn near all day for the past couple of days.

This kernel is based off of Netarchy's 4.2.1 Universal More Aggressive Kernel, so expect the same results when flashing this.

What I've been working on with this kernel is the charging aspect. Desire users have their battery tweak, so I've been working on one for us. With this kernel you'll be able to get the trickle charging experience you've always wanted. I slapped a WIP tag on this thread because although I have gotten this trickle charging to work, I still have some other things I need to iron out and also add.

Things need to fix:
    -nothing!

Features:
    -All of Netarchy's goodies
    -Trickle Charging (AC & USB)
    -Full battery charging. Charge your battery to maximum capacity
    -Full battery charging for all extended batteries.
    -Accurate measurement of voltage while on the charger. Usually on the charger on other kernels, the voltage will still read +4.193V even when the battery is draining on the charger. Now you get to see the draining, so when you pick up the phone in the morning and its not finished with its trickle charging session, you can wait a minute or two until it's done.
    -You also no longer need to wipe battery stats.

Lemme clear the air...

- I should clarify. If your phone is at 100% and you're using your phone on the charger, there's a possibility that it will turn off the charger. If your phone is not at 100% then there is absolutely no way the charger will turn off and you can use your phone all you want on AC or USB. And with USB, even if your phone is past 100% you can use it on the charger. So if you're hours upon hours past 100% and you decide to use your phone to do heavy duty work (surf the web for more hours, play some games, listen to some music, stream something), the charger may turn off.

You know when this is working when...

You know this is working when you're 30 minutes past 100% and you don't see any -mA's in the battery widget monitor app (go download from Market, it is free!). If you start seeing -mA's on the charger at any point while charging past 100%, the charger has turned off and this isn't working for you. The only reason the charger will turn off is if you go over the voltage limit. The only way you can possibly go over the voltage limit is if you are using your phone while charging on AC. That is the only way

Will this damage my battery?
    Well...this is a running experiment. 8 people have reported battery issues with no real evidence of such thing other than their word. Electrical engineers have spoken of the danger but have yet to conduct an experiment of their own so...use at your own risk! This kernel could possibly blow up your phone, ruin your credit, steal your late night snacks and slap a baby turtle so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THOSE THINGS (contact PETA about the baby turtle..not me).

my-github
    netarchy's-github[/CENTER]
    KERNEL BUILDS
    Check 4th post for FAQ's and what not! You only need to flash ONE !!!
    SENSE BUILDS

12/25/10: v7 Build(s)​
    SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 More Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-more-havs-cfs-v7.zip (2.9 MB)
    SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 Less Aggressive CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-less-havs-cfs-v7.zip (2.9 MB)
    SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 Non-Havs CFS SBC-net-4.2.2-nonhavs-cfs-v7.zip (2.9 MB)

SBC for Netarchy's CFS More Aggressive 4.2.1 (aka 131) 131.zip (2.91 MB)
    SBC for Netarchy's CFS Non Havs 4.2.1 (aka 132) 132.zip (2.91 MB)

SBC for Netarchy's CFS More Aggressive 4.1.9.1 SBC-net-4.1.9.1-more-havs-v7.zip (2.9 MB)
    SBC for Netarchy's CFS Non-Havs 4.1.9.1 SBC-net-4.1.9.1-non-havs-v7.zip (2.9 MB)

AOSP Builds

v7
    12/25/10 - SBC for BC's Kernel SBC-bcnice-stable-v7.zip (2.62 MB)
    This is what I'm currently using at the moment. So this gets all the updates as of right now.

v8-BETA
    12/25/10 - SBC for BC's Kernel SBC-bcnice-stable-v8.zip (2.62 MB)
    This is what I've been testing for a while. This build contains auto bump charging based on the voltage as opposed to the full charge method. I don't know how it works on extended batteries yet...but works pretty good on stock batteries. With this, you should have a better chance of picking up the phone at higher voltages.

Check out Savaged-Zen!
    Didn't get the 3rd post so this will have to do...

FAQ's

Q: Can I use my phone while on the charger?
    A: Yes! I was saying not to because I was mixed up for a bit. You can in fact use it on the charger. There is just the chance that you will raise the voltage and turn off the charger. But that has been fixed in the v3 builds. So its all good now :)

Q: Do I need to flash build 130-132 before flashing SBC?
    A: You only need to flash one kernel. Either 130-132 or SBC

Q: What should I look out for to see if it's working?
    A: First, grab "battery monitor widget" from the Market (it's free). Then place the widget anywhere on your homescreen and open it up. Change the update interval to 50 secs. Then just charge as usual. When you've hit 100% just wait a while afterwards (2-5mins). Then open up the widget and go into the history section. You should see nothing but positive mA's. Positive mA's mean that you are still charging even though you are past 100%. That's a good thing. That means its still charging. Now, charge overnight. When you wake up in the morning do the same thing, check your history. If you see any negative mA's, that is not good. That means that the phone still couldve been charging, but something is acting in the background and doing some work. If you still get negative mA's on the v3 builds, shoot me a pm and we'll work it out.

Q: How should I flash this?
    A: Flash it like you would normally flash any other kernel.
    1.Wipe Cache & Dalvik.
    2. Flash Kernel
    3. Reboot :)

-------------------------------​
    Some few tips here and there...

All of the Sense kernels work great with all Sense roms. The AOSP kernels should work well with AOSP. I can't test that because I'm not on AOSP. SBC charging works great in all kernels with AC. SBC USB charging is not in all kernel builds, only the v2 and v3 builds.

information on CFS/BFS/HAVS/No-HAVS etc etc...check this thread out!
    thread reopened

thread reopened. infractions have been issued to all offenders here. please keeep thread on -topic and stop flaming,trolling, arguing, ect... all offenders from here on out will be issued infractions for such posts. thanx for reading

back on topic :)
    Updated second post with this:

HTC Kernel #15