[Q] Droid Pro on Tmobile or AT&T in the USA

Search This thread

cprauctions

Dec 29, 2007
i have been reading and searching for over an hour now here and on several pages and do not seem to find any answer froma real proffessional.

why i cant get signal after i insterted my Tmobile Sim card in my unlocked droid pro verizon ? i even tried and insterted my co worker AT&T sim card, same results, NO NETWORK FOUND.

celticjon

Apr 5, 2010
Verizon told Motorola to block GSM networks inside the US. There is nothing wrong with your phone, but right now AT&T isn't going to work.

Check out the Droid 2 Global forums for more info. I believe folks over there are working on a solution.

Reactions: cprauctions

jonkranked

Dec 15, 2010
Have you had the GSM antennas unlocked? When I bought my Pro I was told that in order to actually use it in Global mode (and use the GSM antenna) you have to either take it to a verizon store or call a number for them to unlock it. The GSM antenna is disabled by default.

celticjon

Apr 5, 2010
Have you had the GSM antennas unlocked? When I bought my Pro I was told that in order to actually use it in Global mode (and use the GSM antenna) you have to either take it to a verizon store or call a number for them to unlock it. The GSM antenna is disabled by default.

The GSM antenna is not locked by default, but the SIM card slot is. If you wanted to take the phone to Europe and buy a pre-paid SIM to use over there (instead of Verizon's SIM) then yes, you must unlock the phone.

However, entering the SIM unlock code will not help you connect to AT&T or T-Mobile, because Verizon blocked it on the radio level.

cprauctions

Dec 29, 2007
GSM antenna unlocked?

i am not trying to be Jerk, but i have been in the cell phone repair business since 2003, and never heard of that term, is that a new term?

jonkranked

Dec 15, 2010
GSM antenna unlocked?

i am not trying to be Jerk, but i have been in the cell phone repair business since 2003, and never heard of that term, is that a new term?

that's what i was told by a sales rep at the verizon store, so it came from a totally reliable source. :D

maybe I just got confused as to which was locked (sim card vs antenna)

supermanx8

Jan 31, 2011

Attachments

• 2010-11-14_14-20-12_100.jpg
    2010-11-14_14-20-12_100.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 1290015531761.jpg
    1290015531761.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 208

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Man, if the unlock has truly been discovered, it's going to be real tempting not to switch over to T-Mobile if Sprint lets me out of contract. I use my Droid Pro strictly as a travel phone, but if I can use it at home, too, I'd love to.

D

Deleted member 3281329

Unlocked Droid Pro for USA GSM!

This other guy on androidforums came across an unlocked DroidPro that worked with his T-Mobile Sim Card for a while until he decided to update the phone and ended up blocking his T-Mobile sim card in the end...

I kind of hope there are some other phones like that out there so I can get my hands on one of them and figure out where to look for that piece of code that blocks the phones ability to use T-mobile/AT&T networks.

hk9090

Jan 18, 2011
I use my droid pro overseas, but travel to the us two or three times a month. It sucks to have a global phone that i can use everywhere (roaming) but not in the US. A verizon plan is simply too expensive to afford to use 4 days a month.

I would be willing to pay, donate, contribute to find a way to activate the droid pro on a prepaid at&t plan. Or even an affordable verizon daily prepaid plan. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID PRO using XDA App

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
I use my droid pro overseas, but travel to the us two or three times a month. It sucks to have a global phone that i can use everywhere (roaming) but not in the US. A verizon plan is simply too expensive to afford to use 4 days a month.

I would be willing to pay, donate, contribute to find a way to activate the droid pro on a prepaid at&t plan. Or even an affordable verizon daily prepaid plan. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID PRO using XDA App

You could have it flashed to Page Plus. They operate on the Verizon network.

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
anyone know if it's successfully been done? Have an XPRT and we might be migrating from Sprint to Tmob. Would love to keep using the XPRT as backup phone or primary if it takes a while to get my hands on Milestone 3.

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
well that's a waste. Too many damn gsm bands. Thanks for the link. Might do it anyway. If I end up selling it, it'll be more valuable if it can be used on AT&T. Think getting GSM phones from Bell Canada is the way to go for Tmob phones. Think the Milestone 3 will be in my future if we do the switch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verizon told Motorola to block GSM networks inside the US. There is nothing wrong with your phone, but right now AT&T isn't going to work.

Check out the Droid 2 Global forums for more info. I believe folks over there are working on a solution.