How's the NAND (really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

samson_420

Jan 26, 2008
Az
I know it has been made possible(thank you fine XDA Devs:)

But, how solid is it?

Battery - Seems good
Freezing?
Glitches
Hang Ups
Resets
Crashing apps
Not working random features?
Speed

I looked through pretty much the whole topic and I just find random issues all over the place. Some major, some not as much.

I am still running my Nexus One SD Build. It's pretty solid. Does have some random hang ups, crashes and no starts. But, rare maybe just a tiny bit more then my Custom Rommed Vibrant.

I kinda wanna know, since this is the way to go. A NAND build is more of a "true" OS then a SD build.

If you believe your NAND ROM setup is near a 100% I would love to see what combo you are using.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I was thinking of posting there, but. . .

I want NAND only experience replies. And this would be the place.

errrr NO it wouldn't be dude.

This is for posting DEV topic ONLY, ie for devs to post their work or projects etc, Not for n00b questions (no offence).

If you want to ask a question then you do it in the correct place ie the Q&A forum. You will get "NAND only experience replies" because that what's your topic is about.

Please dont spam the dev section, this isnt place for conversation topics.

asim2002

Jan 14, 2010
I have noted that the following common issues plague most of the NAND builds I have installed (have tried and used 4 so far):

1. Low in-call volume : there is a fix for this so no longer an issue but was almost a deal breaker.

2. Robotic voice when you make your first call or sometimes randomly.

3. Decreased battery life: this is what is annoying me the most as the battery runs out far more quickly than on WinMo... i dont believe all other claims coz I have tried all the builds personally and i can definitely tell a difference.

4. No TOMTOM for Android. This is very annoying. Copilot and Google Nav just does not cut it for me (agreed this has nothing to do with NAND ROMs but just mentioning it as an issue for me)

Overall I would keep this for my phone if it wasnt for the BATTERY issue which is a deal breaker for me !! I may well go back to WinMo due to this. I definitely need longer battery life than NAND can provide right now.

Reactions: samson_420

stacksod

Jul 22, 2010
The Best... NO PROBLEMS what so ever!!

CMYLXGO's Topia HD v1.0n (the newest is 1.5n) but i've had no reason to update :)
Radio 2.12

Perfect Wi-Fi
No Lag
Speedy

NO PROBLEMS @ ALL!

I highly Recommend!!!!!

Reactions: samson_420

xeebot

Mar 26, 2010
Los Angeles
errrr NO it wouldn't be dude.

This is for posting DEV topic ONLY, ie for devs to post their work or projects etc, Not for n00b questions (no offence).

If you want to ask a question then you do it in the correct place ie the Q&A forum. You will get "NAND only experience replies" because that what's your topic is about.

Please dont spam the dev section, this isnt place for conversation topics.

+1

Don't clutter this area with questions when there's a specific area for it. The mods work hard to keep it clean and people like you don't seem to be able to understand simple instructions. Why?

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I love wortless replies, thank you so much.

If it matters that much STFU and move the damn post.

****, my bad tards.

stfu?

Dude you are the person who deliberately posted a question in development forum when you know there is a questions forum!!!

Its you who needs to stfu or ctfo!

If you want worthwhile answers you should post your question in the correct place.

NickPP

Sep 20, 2007

****, my bad tards.

It's alright bro, ignore them.
I thought NAND would be made a reality if and only when all the bugs were straightened out and the ROM was deemed NANDworthy? I thought that super RAM or SD builds were fine until such a time a jump to NAND seemed logical going forward.

I think NAND is serving the sole purpose right now for those that absolutely hated WM and get rid of WM completely although I don't see how WM would have come in the way of a super ram or SD build anyway.

fabsen

Nov 25, 2008
I have noted that the following common issues plague most of the NAND builds I have installed (have tried and used 4 so far):

1. Low in-call volume : there is a fix for this so no longer an issue but was almost a deal breaker.

3. Decreased battery life: this is what is annoying me the most as the battery runs out far more quickly than on WinMo... i dont believe all other claims coz I have tried all the builds personally and i can definitely tell a difference.

4. No TOMTOM for Android. This is very annoying. Copilot and Google Nav just does not cut it for me (agreed this has nothing to do with NAND ROMs but just mentioning it as an issue for me)

Overall I would keep this for my phone if it wasnt for the BATTERY issue which is a deal breaker for me !! I may well go back to WinMo due to this. I definitely need longer battery life than NAND can provide right now.

1. only the first sd-builds got the issue, never had with "out-of-beta-state" nand builds.

2. true, have this on every build exact ONE time after flash, then never again.

3. this point is shocking me... i was using stock and custom roms (atermis / HD2O) for 6 months and i have to say that windows have the most ****ed up battery management i've ever seen. randomly 15-85mA in standby with data connections and syncs turned off. that's very ugly and you have to charge the phone nearly every day... on android nand builds i usually have 2-5mA without data connections turned on. with data turned on ~8mA.

4. well... imo tomtom is the worsest and most ugly nav system ever spread. i prefer igo or navigon. i don't need a crappy bruce willis voice on my navigator, i'm a fan of 3d navigation with nice animated functions and nice instructions ;)
at least you can use google navigation with sattelite view turned on.

BTT:
you should use a build made for daily usage... no ginger-stuck-crap or som bloated releases with crapware installed.

just my 2 cents...

my setup:
miui-rom 1.1.7
kernel: 2.6.32.15-prjv3
radio: 2.15.50.14
(clockworkmod)

lsxrx7

Feb 24, 2010
NAND is awesome

i got this phone because i know NAND would be avaliable.
I played around with winmo for a few days and that was nightmare

Now I stand proudly against those with EVO / DesireHD in their hands/

samson_420

Jan 26, 2008
Az
LoL. . . . Yeah. I love the internet bad asses.

Some how I strongly doubt that any of these posting trolls would say any of this BS to my face.

The biggest issue I am seeing in my SD build is file corruption after a semi extended period of time(at least a week or two).

But, NAND does not seem 100% so far - THE REASON FOR THIS THREAD. . . . Geez

It should be a sticky so people know what to expect and not just flash the living crap out of their phones.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Nowhere near as fast as SUPERAM (Darkstones build) but tomorrow i believe Darkstone will be releasing a NAND/RAM combo so this is yet another excellent advancement in Android development.:)

xeebot

Mar 26, 2010
Los Angeles
LoL. . . . Yeah. I love the internet bad asses.

Some how I strongly doubt that any of these posting trolls would say any of this BS to my face.

The biggest issue I am seeing in my SD build is file corruption after a semi extended period of time(at least a week or two).

But, NAND does not seem 100% so far - THE REASON FOR THIS THREAD. . . . Geez

It should be a sticky so people know what to expect and not just flash the living crap out of their phones.

You're really a tough guy aren't you? Seems to me you're the only internet bad ass around here telling people to STFU. I'd love to say this to your face, but I'm sure you're some 12 year old troll who thinks he's the ****.

Not surprised in the least that you're in AZ, that **** hole is full of fake ass wanna be hard core **** heads like you. Why don't you have your mommy drive you out of that desert **** hole to LA, I'll be happy to say many things to your face.

How's that for internet bad ass?

Reactions: teivos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread, not only being in the wrong place, also contains some remarks which shouldn't be there.

closed. (I closed it so you can start over, without the misplaced comments).

Samson, please either look for a threads regarding the same issue in the General or Q&A section (depending on the form of your inquiry) of the HD2 forum or create a new one there.

Thank you.

****, my bad tards.

Post reported for posting in the wrong section and insulting other forum members.
    I'm currently using MDJ Froyo Revolution at the moment and it's totally stable. I've had no issues whatsoever

The Best... NO PROBLEMS what so ever!!

CMYLXGO's Topia HD v1.0n (the newest is 1.5n) but i've had no reason to update :)
    Radio 2.12

Perfect Wi-Fi
    No Lag
    Speedy

NO PROBLEMS @ ALL!

I highly Recommend!!!!!