[APP] Board Express - Tapatalk for Windows Phone 7 [R] 19-10-10 [U] 10-02-11 [V] 2.2

Search This thread

Omega Point

Nov 7, 2008
London
Thanks a lot for searching for Bugs!

We'll publish an update, in which you can choose to remove or edit the signature, soon. That was already on our list :)

Got one. You probably should have failed certification for it too:

When I'm looking at any topic view (e.g the WP7 Soft Dev board here) the fields for Author, Last Poster[?] and Time[?] show up as : "Autor", "Letzter Beitrag" and "um".

Everything else seems to be in English but I haven't been though every possible menu combination.

I'll get round to regsiter on your forums at some point to post bugs there but this seemed quite an important one.

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
Thanks a lot :) We'll correct this one asap! Disabling and editing of the signature is implemented now. And per default, the signature is not linked.

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
Today, we're sending an update into the review process for the Marketplace.

Some new features (disabling signature, editing signature, spelling checker) and some bug fixing :)

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
We have totally redesigned Board Express! Now it's a total WP7 Look and Feel :) (Thanks Omega Point for this tipp!)

At the moment, we're fixing the last bugs and will then have a betatest phase for this all new design.

We have implemented some exciting new features, too. You have now the option to go to the last unread post in a thread, which is a very useful feature. Then we have made the resume even better. Now you don't loose tipped in text (p.e. in a PM or in a post), when you close the program and reopen it. The new design and recoding makes Board Express even faster. Scrolling is now completely smooth, the forums load very fast, no more waiting times.

If you liked the old design more, you can still activate it.

The update will be completely free to all of our existing customers.

Here you can find the screenshots: http://www.pocketpc.ch/windows-phone-7-apps/108589-pocketpc-ch-app-8.html#post887166

We'll publish a video about it soon!

Do you guys like the all new design? What would you do better?

Reactions: eyan15

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
In the final version there will be the possibility for a dark and a light theme :) Plus the colours used will change (if you want) based on the theme you're using :D

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
The dark theme is now implemented :)

You now have different possibilities:

• blue / bright (standard - see pictures)
  • blue / dark
  • accentcolor / bright
  • accentcolor / dark
  • bright (attached screenshot 2)
  • dark (attached screenshot 1)
  • old design

Attachments

• black.jpg
    black.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 76
  • bright.jpg
    bright.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
Cool that you like our new design :)

The developers are working very hard for releasing the new Board Express Update soon.

lekki

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
I just bought the app, not because I need it but because you guys are actually here on the forum taking comments and improving the app.
More devs need to be like you guys.
Cheers!!

Reactions: juelu

Red Grenadine

Dec 23, 2010
I've been using the express version (read only) and was sort of iffy about buying the program due to the weird, non-metro ui interface. With this update I'll definitely be purchasing the full app.

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
I just bought the app, not because I need it but because you guys are actually here on the forum taking comments and improving the app.
Cheers!!

Thanks a lot! We really appreciate this. If you have more suggestions for our Board Express, please post them :) If you find a thread about Board Express in another forum, please PM me so I can assist there if anyone has problems with our app.

I've been using the express version (read only) and was sort of iffy about buying the program due to the weird, non-metro ui interface. With this update I'll definitely be purchasing the full app.

Cool! Thanks a lot!

One tipp to you all: You can download the test version / trial version of "Board Express Pro" in the WP7 Marketplace. The only restriction is that you can only post 60 characters, but there are no time limits or other limitations :)

G

GuestK00306

The dark theme is now implemented :)

You now have different possibilities:

• blue / bright (standard - see pictures)
  • blue / dark
  • accentcolor / bright
  • accentcolor / dark
  • bright (attached screenshot 2)
  • dark (attached screenshot 1)
  • old design

As soon as this version is released I will definitely purchase the Pro version. I actually went and developed my own Tapatalk client because this one is very un-metro (it was killing my WP7 mojo!), but this looks great!

What I did on my application was use the panorama as a dashboard for a forum, so I could swipe between the forum listing, subscribed posts & more importantly, subscribed forums (don't think XDA implements this, but Tapatalk supports it for sure) - any chance we could get something like that? Saves me having to take time off work to scroll to the Omnia 7 forums :p

edit: Also, as a matter of developer interest, how did you manage to get Hyperlinks to sit inline with text & have them auto-sized? I could only ever add them to a WrapPanel :(

Last edited:

juelu

Nov 27, 2007
Hi Blade0rz,

cool that you like our new design :D Seems that nearly everybody likes it, which makes us very happy.

I'll speak to my team if we can add subscribed forums in the next release. I actually think this would be a very nice idea for big forums :) Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

We already have a "panorama" view built in, but only in portrait mode (not in landscape). Start screen, when you enter a forum, is latests topics. Then you can swipe to the right or to the left. Swipe right: forums, messages, settings, search, (news - this feature only works for customized versions of Board Express per example for the PocketPC.ch App), latest. If you swipe to the left in the start screen, you have: (news), search, settings, messages, forums.

I'll PM you regarding the hyperlinks :)

pakure

Sep 22, 2009
HYDERABAD
Ok, nice app:), but after finishing reading a thread when you press back, you go back to the first page of the subforum and not to the post you were Reading . Also, can you implement gesture support such as swiping left to go back to the subforum...that would be awesome

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

gcianc

Feb 14, 2010
is the metro/latest version in USA marketplace yet? what version would that be. I'll purchase immediately upon release :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Board Express

We‘ve developed a new software for Windows Phone 7: Board Express for Tapatalk. This application enables you to use forums in the Internet directly on your WP7 device! Tapatalk is already well known on Android and iPhone and is very popular.

Xda-developers have their own rebranding Tapatalk client, the xda-develpers App for Android.

Our WP7 client allows you to read and write in forums on the go, using a special User Interface, adapted for Windows Phone 7. It has also been optimized for causing only little traffic and be easy to read. You may also write posts and open new threads, subscribe to topics and search. Furthermore, it can display unread threads or topics in your own themes, show private messages or send them and of course quote, edit, delete and report posts, and much more.

2.jpg 8.jpg 14.jpg 16.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 35.jpg

Here's a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO447NKgob0

Source: http://www.board-express.com

Download: Board Express can be downloaded in the WP7 Marketplace.

If you have any questions, feedbacks or suggestions, please post them!
    Just wanted to update you :)

We did a lot of bug fixing in the last days, implemented some additional features (like landscape mode) and we're now making the last steps before submitting the app in the review process.
    We have totally redesigned Board Express! Now it's a total WP7 Look and Feel :) (Thanks Omega Point for this tipp!)

At the moment, we're fixing the last bugs and will then have a betatest phase for this all new design.

We have implemented some exciting new features, too. You have now the option to go to the last unread post in a thread, which is a very useful feature. Then we have made the resume even better. Now you don't loose tipped in text (p.e. in a PM or in a post), when you close the program and reopen it. The new design and recoding makes Board Express even faster. Scrolling is now completely smooth, the forums load very fast, no more waiting times.

If you liked the old design more, you can still activate it.

The update will be completely free to all of our existing customers.

Here you can find the screenshots: http://www.pocketpc.ch/windows-phone-7-apps/108589-pocketpc-ch-app-8.html#post887166

We'll publish a video about it soon!

Do you guys like the all new design? What would you do better?
    Cheers!!
    Because of the big demand on the "favourites / subscribed forums"-feature, we have decided to add this feature to our new version :) I've just tested it on one of our developer phones and I think this "favourite forums feature" is a real advantage for xda-developers user!

The adding of this feature caused a little delay on our timetable but we hope to release the new Board Express very very soon :)