[ROM] [AOSP/CM7] LeoGingerBread v0.9.7 STABLE & LeoParts [incremental]

Search This thread

ZuluNexus

Jul 13, 2010
Leo first let me say your roms are very useful for a beginning developer lot of options but no fluff , I know its a stretch but I lost my nexus one right after downloading you gingerbread update , I now have a MT4G rooted and s_off but I need gingerbread or at least port one of your other roms please the mytouch has the processers and hardware to run it and more than enough internal memory but we have no bad ass developers working to make software or send me instuctions and let me make a rom for this phone your friend n follower Dave 24 Brooklyn, NY America

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

geney

Nov 6, 2007
Singapore
Awesome work there Leo.

Little background: Your Leo 2.0 was the first custom ROM I tried when I got my Nexus One :D And the NAND is still there. Awesome experience.

GarJones27

Jul 7, 2007
Nope, I just forgot that :D...

Also the status bar isn't transparent yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a bigger fan of the black status bar anyways just glad that the power widget is in the drop down menu. I can't wait to get home and flash away.... And send you a donation!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

sg1dan

Feb 28, 2010
Great ROM Leo. Are you planning on doing the db signal strength? It was a good feature to have. Couple issues i've noticed are the adblocking is not working, wired tethering is not working at all (wireless is) and internet is slow/very unresponsive compared to mm ginger rom and far-cry from speed/responsiveness of LeoFroyo.

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris
I'll surely implement that.
And illefix the little issues, and see about the tethering.
About the speed etc, I changed nothing against that and mine is just so smooth.. so I can't tell.

+
Great ROM Leo. Are you planning on doing the db signal strength? It was a good feature to have. Couple issues i've noticed are the adblocking is not working, wired tethering is not working at all (wireless is) and internet is slow/very unresponsive compared to mm ginger rom and far-cry from speed/responsiveness of LeoFroyo.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

lostsoul3471

Nov 14, 2008
Louisville
Spiraling Death Syndrome

Welcome back Leo!

I haven't tried v0.8.5 yet, still on 0.8.4 but running into an issue that's causing some bizarre issues. I picked up a Class 10 16GB SD a couple weeks back and decided to partition it out for ext3. Using AmonRa's recovery, I split the card up and upgraded to ext3. I actually have a 512MB swap part, 4GB ext3 part and the rest 11.5GB as fat32--I know swap and ext3 is overkill, but better have too much than not enough. So using your method of A2SD I have ata, and media going to the SD, leaving Dalvik alone.

At first there were the occasional random boot, but figuring that it may just be me overloading the system or something. But then something odd started happening, everything, slowly, started to FC on me. Google framework, shop savvy (which I haven't even used yet), ADW, Dolphin HD, etc. And if I tried getting back in to whatever app, would immediately FC. After sifting through aLogcat, started seeing refs to either SQL trying to write to a read-only db or java missing a file in \data\data\java... I'm starting to think that I'm loosing access to either a partition or a specific folder. Once I reboot everything is back to normal for another hour or two--longer if it's idle. I tried to look into the \data folder in Astro, but it's empty, even when it's working fine.

So for starts, did I mess up in using A2SD and setting it up? Should I just stick to apps and leave data and media alone? Is your implementation of A2SD actually using the swap part? There a means of checking card integrity without having to plug it into a linux box?

Stuff gets confusing. :confused:

Update: Installed the new version after wiping system, cache, dalvik, ext3, battery... restored apps only and it worked for a bit, but then the FC's started up and once that happens then only thing to do is reboot.

Last edited:

Txtraveler

Sep 29, 2010
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I've just installed this ROM on my phone and the install was smooth as butter.

This is my first GB (I've been using Geo411's tweaked stock Froyo until now), and so I wanted to start clean. Lots of wipes after the nandroid of course, and then the Hboot update, the ROM and the gapps in that order. Absolutely no problems, bootloops, errors or anything else unpleasant.

I'll be working more with the details (like connecting the Google account, etc) tomorrow, but so far this ROM looks pretty good!

mazenimad

May 15, 2007
i tried updating from 0.8.4 to 5 and wiped dalvik cahe before updating now everything FC was working perfectly on 0.8.4 . bear in mind that 8.4 was the first one used
can someone guide me please to what ive done wrong?:mad:

lostsoul3471

Nov 14, 2008
Louisville
i tried updating from 0.8.4 to 5 and wiped dalvik cahe before updating now everything FC was working perfectly on 0.8.4 . bear in mind that 8.4 was the first one used
can someone guide me please to what ive done wrong?:mad:

I think Leo mentioned earlier, that at this point, you can't just update new versions yet. Try wiping everything and see if the problem persists.

RellikZephyr

Mar 5, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
the camera is not working for me, just get a black screen and nothing

now im thinking this is because im using IntersectRaven's Kernel

didnt even think to check before flashing it

so is it because of kernel or is the "camera recording issue" in this rom, the camera not working at all

main reason it bothers me is no camera = no LED torch

Thanks

RellikZephyr

leonnib4

Mar 1, 2010
Paris
Welcome back Leo!

I haven't tried v0.8.5 yet, still on 0.8.4 but running into an issue that's causing some bizarre issues. I picked up a Class 10 16GB SD a couple weeks back and decided to partition it out for ext3. Using AmonRa's recovery, I split the card up and upgraded to ext3. I actually have a 512MB swap part, 4GB ext3 part and the rest 11.5GB as fat32--I know swap and ext3 is overkill, but better have too much than not enough. So using your method of A2SD I have ata, and media going to the SD, leaving Dalvik alone.

At first there were the occasional random boot, but figuring that it may just be me overloading the system or something. But then something odd started happening, everything, slowly, started to FC on me. Google framework, shop savvy (which I haven't even used yet), ADW, Dolphin HD, etc. And if I tried getting back in to whatever app, would immediately FC. After sifting through aLogcat, started seeing refs to either SQL trying to write to a read-only db or java missing a file in \data\data\java... I'm starting to think that I'm loosing access to either a partition or a specific folder. Once I reboot everything is back to normal for another hour or two--longer if it's idle. I tried to look into the \data folder in Astro, but it's empty, even when it's working fine.

So for starts, did I mess up in using A2SD and setting it up? Should I just stick to apps and leave data and media alone? Is your implementation of A2SD actually using the swap part? There a means of checking card integrity without having to plug it into a linux box?

Stuff gets confusing. :confused:

Update: Installed the new version after wiping system, cache, dalvik, ext3, battery... restored apps only and it worked for a bit, but then the FC's started up and once that happens then only thing to do is reboot.

I'm as confused as you.
I definitely need some logcat of what happens when the FCs occurs.
Also please PM me with the outputs of:
- adb shell busybox ls -l /data/
- adb shell busybox ls -l /data/app/
- adb shell busybox ls -l /data/dalvik-cache
- adb shell busybox ls -l /system/sd/
Thx

the camera is not working for me, just get a black screen and nothing

now im thinking this is because im using IntersectRaven's Kernel

didnt even think to check before flashing it

so is it because of kernel or is the "camera recording issue" in this rom, the camera not working at all

main reason it bothers me is no camera = no LED torch

Thanks

RellikZephyr

The camera is kind of working for some, but with an alternate kernel yes you get the black screen.
I'm waiting for the camera to be able to work under GingerBread for the N1, but for now it just seems it won't with the AOSP code.

Reactions: uranum

xdraw

Mar 4, 2010
Hey Leo I'm still getting soft reboots with 0.8.5! Happened when I was typing this message the first time lol.

Ill attempt to get a logcat for you next time it reboots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LeoGingerBread v0.9.7 built from sources (AOSP and CyanogenMod 7) with LeoParts v8
    STABLE -- Wipe only requiered the first time.

[Mainline]

I build GingerBread from AOSP (android 2.3.1/GRH55).
    Then I came to an end because I don't have hardware skills in Android (Camera, WiFi, FM Radio)...
    So I build what my ROM was missing from CyanogenMod, which includes: cm-kernel, some libs, Camera, large part of the framework etc.
    I then kept my LeoParts to setup everything easily from an Interface similar to Settings.
    So this ROM is android 2.3.2/GRH78.
    Do note that my implementation of OldApp2SD is still work in progress.

I also spent too much time compiling/cooking and now want to spend more of my free time on LeoParts, Mods and Apps.

Thanks to CyanogenMod project!
    Thanks to Elegos for his RomUpdater!​
    Thanks to: CyanogenMod team (Cyanogen, Wysie, ctso, jeagoss, kmobs...), Enomther, chainsdd, paulobrien, clarksonator, Jr33, fitsnugly, lilHermit, britoso, Zaraki...
    And thanks to all XDA Community!

992521snap20110112144657.png
    150864snap20110112144720.png
    694124snap20110112144723.png
    581152snap20110112144727.png
    228066snap20110112145015.png

759720snap20110112144735.png
    156842snap20110112144739.png
    976343snap20110112144757.png
    558830snap20110112144944.png
    900846snap20110112145026.png

[Features]

• Build from AOSP: Android 2.3.2 / GingerBread / GRH78
    • Stim toolkit + Terminal
    • Additional languages (system + keyboard)
    • cm-kernel 2.6.37
    • Stock Launcher2
    • busybox 1.18.0 (linked)
    • Rooted (su + Superuser 2.3.6.1)
    • Reboot options on power button (from eddieringle)
    • LeoParts v8
    • Video recording HQ
    • FM radio
      • ROM infos
      • Quick commands
      • Tweaks
      • User Interface
      • Apps & Addons (built-in kitchen)
      • Advanced
      • Data storage (a2sd)
      • About
    • Phone Mod: Trackball answer/hangup etc. from CyanogenMod
    • Browser Mod: download any file type etc.
    • Contacts Mod: with the dial button etc. from CyanogenMod
    • DeskClock Mod: from CyanogenMod
    • Lockscreen Mod: MusicControls, etc.
    • Status bar Mod: battery percentage, H icon, headset icon etc.
    • Messaging Mod: black background, back to all threads etc.
    • Browser Mod: incognito, user agent etc.
    • Network: supports adhoc, added OpenVPN (not tested yet)
    • Old App2sd method (not DT's but mine)
    • 180 rotation added (optional)
    • Screen ON/OFF animations (both on by default)
    • Clear notifications one-by-one by swiping (on by default)
    • Custom number of recent apps (8 by default)
    • Custom app by long pressing home
    • App killer by long pressing back
    • Trackball Wake (on by default)
    • Trackball Unlock (off by default)
    • Trackball Alert support (OpenSource framework)
    • Quiet hours
    • Disable or change Battery warning level
    • GalaS power widget in status bar (and configurable)
    • Custom hostname
    • SIP not only over WiFi
    • FileManager
    • Overscroll effects
    • FLAC support
    • nano, bash, libncurses, htop etc.
    • Battery percent on LockScreen
    • Transparent notif. bar
    • Album art on LockScreen

Check the FAQ in POST #2
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10518706&postcount=2

[Downloads]

Although I'm testing my rom, let's it be clear: Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk !!!
    Do NOT download if you haven't read this post entirely.

You need HBOOT 0.35.0017 [only requiered once]

You need FroYo's radio: 4.06 or above [only requiered once]

LeoGingerBread v0.9.7 AOSP/CM7 (no GApps)
    LeoGingerBread_0.9.7-noradio-signed.zip

[Instructions]

1. nanbackup [recommended]
    2. WIPE ALL (data + dalvik) + EXT
    3. update HBOOT [if not done yet] (flash in recovery as usual)
    4. update radio [if not done yet] (flash in recovery as usual)
    5. flash LeoGingerBread
    6. flash GingerBread Google Apps
    7. fix uid_missmatch in recovery

Thank you so much for donating !
    FAQ

Q: How to flash the HBOOT update?
    A: Just as a regular update.zip: throught recovery

Q: How do I get TrackBall Alert to work?
    A: Simply use Menu / Patch / Smali / Android 2.3 GingerBread (non-sense) and you're good to go!
    Verified with TrackBall Alert Pro.

Q: Some GApps are missing?
    A: Depending on the version of GApps, it might not include some packages. Go to the Market and download them.
    Btw, this saves /system space.

Q: My Gmail is not syncing?
    A: Go to Phone Settings / Accounts & Sync and activate Gmail sync on your Google account.

Q: How can I activate OldApp2SD?
    A: OldApp2SD is automaticaly restored at boot if it was activated before.
    This has been done to be easier for everyone, especialy for end-users.
    Anyway, to activate it, just run 'a2sd on' in a terminal / adb shell. Requiered only once.

Q: What about dalvik2sd etc?
    A: Same as OldApp2SD. Restored automatically on ext part presence if activated before.
    To activate advanced 2sd methods, use dalvik2sd / data2sd / media2sd commands.

Q: How to disable OldApp2SD methods?
    A: Instead of running, for example, 'a2sd on', just run 'a2sd off'.

Q: How can I easly upgrade to a newer version?
    A: Check the new versions with RomUpdater (by elegos) and install the incremental update.
    If you had OldApp2SD activated, run 'fix uid_mismatch' from recovery right after the flash to prevent any problem.
    Then reboot and OldApp2SD will be activated automaticaly.

Q: I found a bug...
    A: http://code.google.com/p/android-leonextlevel/issues/list -- thanks :)

Q: Can I port this ROM to another device?
    A: Long story short: no. But I can, if I have the device IRL.

Q: ETAs?
    A: I'm updating my twitter account @leonnib4 often enought for you to know when a new version will be out.
    Don't ask for ETAs.

Q: Why are you formatting SYSTEM: during the flash?
    A: I can't do otherwise.
    Q: But it removes GApps (that are on /system/), so you have to flash them again, right?
    A: Right, but this won't happen if you're using an incremental update from RomUpdater, so it should never happen :)

Q: How to get and post a "logcat"?
    A: From a terminal, run 'adb logcat > file.txt' (it puts the output of the logcat in a file named "file.txt".
    Then upload this file to pastebin.com or similar.
    [Mainlines]

0.9.x / 07-feb-2011 / AOSP/CM7 release - RC - LeoParts v8

0.8.x / 11-jan-2011 / First XDA release - Beta - LeoParts v8

[ChangeLog]

- Improved scripts

- Improved scripts
    - Fixed updater-script
    - Added OTA killer
    - Updated help in LeoParts / Data Storage

- Improved scripts

- Fixed OldApp2SD
    - Fixed RomUpdater auto-conf
    - Fixed Terminal auto-conf
    - Restored AOSP Phone.apk
    - Phone: SIP: Allow per-account User-Agent string configuration
    - Phone: Add an option to disable voicemail notifications
    - New LeoParts/DataStorage
    - Updated busybox to 1.18.0
    - Updated LockScreen AlbumArt
    - Replaced Stock Music app with Music^3 "Cube"
    If any one needs arabic support install the attached file from the recovery

or from here http://j.mp/eFyzTq
    Bonjour,

j'ai installé la nouvelle rom, par contre je n'ai pas la barre du haut avec l'heure, une idée ?

a+
    steph

English: "I installed your new ROM, but the status bar with the clock don't show up, any idea?"

Please, if speaking french only, just send me a private message ;)

So, if you don't have the status bar:
    - check that you wiped
    - check ADW settings
    - if using stock Launcher2, I have no idea...