[ROM][PNK] "Mighty Nutella" ~ Ugly, Slow and Buggy (bloated too) CM7 builds.

Search This thread

orsye

Apr 21, 2005
istanbul
sms non-latin characters

another thing i just notice, i don't know if it's new or not, sms messages with non-latin characters arrives without them.. in Turkish for example we have ü,ş,ı,ğ (iso-8859-9 character set) and a word like "hayır" (simple "no" in Türkish) arrives as "hay r".. not a big deal in some cases, but this can be really annoying when many characters are used, then the received message looks like a mors code :) it wasn't like that in HTC roms, because i use sms backup to restore my previous messages and i can see those characters in older messages.. any idea?

Reactions: hasbai

the_maker

Jun 22, 2007
Republic of Macedonia
Guys, i flashed this rom and it seems that the phone can not boot (it got stuck on the green on white HTC logo). I have been flashing some roms so far, so i understand the process.

All has been wiped and performed correctly.. Any one any ideas? :)

thanks...

lynxboy

Oct 7, 2009
Leeds
Guys, i flashed this rom and it seems that the phone can not boot (it got stuck on the green on white HTC logo). I have been flashing some roms so far, so i understand the process.

thanks...

Are you using CWM 3 Beta? If not, try it and report back.

Regards.

vinnieminnie

Nov 9, 2010
Amsterdam
I flashed this rom with CWM 2.x, so that shouldn't really be a problem. It's worth trying though.
You used the rom from the first post? I'd first try pulling out the battery, Full whipe and then install the rom again.

brodos123

Nov 5, 2008
Hi
Thanks for the great work!!

Does this rom use the ext4 filesystem?

In the start when gingerbread started to come out, we had to use cwm 3 because cwm 2 did not support ext4.
In the first thread it says I can flash with both.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!

mbaroukh

Feb 6, 2009
FANTASTIC

Thanks a lot !. It works nice. Still know, all i fully working ...
Initially it did not boot but after using the right clockworld recovery version and doing a full wipe, that was ok.

Thanks again !

klemens23

Mar 4, 2009

thanks...

I have tried it also with 2.xxx but the same problem...

mcnob

Aug 2, 2010
Suffolk
Is anyone else having issues with purchased apps just hanging at "authorizing purchase" ?

Just tried 2 ADW themes and I eventually got bored waiting and cancelled and refunded both. It's not a card issue by the way so that's ruled out.

Probably not a ROM problem but it only happened since reinstalling PHK22 yesterday so I'm asking in here just in case.

Ta.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
Is anyone else having issues with purchased apps just hanging at "authorizing purchase" ?

Just tried 2 ADW themes and I eventually got bored waiting and cancelled and refunded both. It's not a card issue by the way so that's ruled out.

Probably not a ROM problem but it only happened since reinstalling PHK22 yesterday so I'm asking in here just in case.

Ta.

Yes happens sometimes, heard it was due to Gingerbread compatibility, reboot seems to do the trick.

brodos123

Nov 5, 2008
quote from first page:

"Chances are you've still got Setupwizard.apk in your system folder, residing there from previous installations. If that's the case, well, tough luck."

Is this rom not suppose to have the setupwizard?
I got the wizard.

Thanks!

lynxboy

Oct 7, 2009
Leeds
To those unable to boot are you using fullwipe.zip or wiping manually? Personally I suggest wiping data, cache and dalvik manually and then running fullwipe.zip just to make sure.

Regards.

getbacker

Jul 3, 2009
Mumbai
Amazing 2.3.2 rom ..I have been using it for the past 24hrs and its every responsive..
Keep up the good work..

Sent from my Desire HD

klemens23

Mar 4, 2009
To those unable to boot are you using fullwipe.zip or wiping manually? Personally I suggest wiping data, cache and dalvik manually and then running fullwipe.zip just to make sure.

Regards.

I have tried to wipe manually anderen also with fullwipe Tool but it also doesnt work for me.
Maybe try during the day again..

lynxboy

Oct 7, 2009
Leeds
What's lynxboy suggested pretty much sums it up.

Maybe your download corrupted?

Good point. Just because the file downloads correctly doesn't mean it is not corrupt, accelerators can add to the risk of corruption if you use them. Try download again and another thing to try would be to flash another build of CM7 and then wipe and install this one.

Regards.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Good point. Just because the file downloads correctly doesn't mean it is not corrupt, accelerators can add to the risk of corruption if you use them. Try download again and another thing to try would be to flash another build of CM7 and then wipe and install this one.

Regards.

Agrred. Manual wipe always works for me - as long as you do it correctly;)
Must be a corruption issue otherwise. I suggest you back up your sd card, format and then start fresh.

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][PNK] "Mighty Nutella" ~ Ugly, Slow and Buggy (bloated too) CM7 builds.

After a lot of requests I'm opening a new thread which will contain my latest CM7 builds (you can find my older builds in this thread). I'll be updating this post so people can follow progress easier, and post their requests/observations. In the next few days I'll be updating this thread with information on how to build your own CM7 ROM. Some might consider it messy, but that's how I've been doing it for quite some time now and the result is satisfactory (for me at least). :)

The rom is not pure CM7. I build it from source with the latest commits, then I apply modifications, mostly focusing on speed and smoothness. The releases are not that frequent, you'll be (normally) seeing updates every time there's a bunch of noteworthy additions/fixes by the Cyanogenmod team, or when I'm making significant modifications (even less frequently). If you want a pure CM7 build with frequent (nightly) updates you can take a look at the thread by Kali- which hosts the official nightly releases.

Edit: Here you can find the commit i'm reverting on each release, just in case anyone wants to make their own personal build. <~ Apparently, this is no longer necessary.

Latest Release & How to flash

Download: ud-cm7-PNK-Mighty.Nutella
    md5sum: b7ec23d9f8dfad22baaf08ff71df50a9
    Mirror #1: http://zantekk.de/~desire_hd/custom_roms/cm7_phunkycow/ (kindly provided by Zantekk - thanks!)
    Mirror #2: http://www.eth0.it/Android/index.php?dir=PNK/ (kindly provided by maddler - thanks!)

Warning!
    Make sure you disable Music syncing @ Accounts & Sync, under the settings menu. This is due to the experimental Honeycomb Music.apk. Thanks to the people that pointed it out in the thread! The Honeycomb Music player has been removed in the recent releases.

Bundled with the latest GApps (including the new Market).

You can flash the ROM using either CWM 2.5.1.3 or CWM 3.0.0.5, it's entirely up to you. If you're coming from an older PNK release, you don't have to wipe. If you encounter any problems you might have to, though - so it's advised.

Flashing with CWM 3.0.0.5 (Download)
    If by any chance you get into bootloops, download FULL-WIPE.zip from this thread, flash it, and then flash the ROM. If you're still getting bootloops follow these steps:
    Go to recovery > Wipe Data > Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Flash FULL_WIPE.zip (which you downloaded earlier) > Flash the ROM.
    Alternatively you can flash CWM 2.5.1.3 and read below.

Flashing with CWM 2.5.1.3(Download)
    If you're using CWM2 to flash and you get bootloops, download FULL-WIPE.zip from this thread, flash it, and then flash the ROM. If you're still getting bootloops follow these steps:
    Go to recovery > Wipe Data > Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Flash FULL_WIPE.zip (which you downloaded earlier) > Flash the ROM.

What's not working

- Camera Auto-Focus when shooting videos.
    - Camera Touch-Focus when shooting pictures.
    - Video playback 2/3 blue in portrait.

Reported Problems & Solutions

Help! When I flash this ROM and boot: the notification bar is missing / this app keeps FC'ing / I see flying turtles all over my 4.3" screen

YOU DIDN'T WIPE CORRECTLY. Please read this whole post again. And again. And again.

Especially if you're coming from a Sense ROM.

Help! USB Mass Storage isn't working!
    If USB isn't working, follow this excellent guide by Walker Street.

Why does my keyboard show japanese characters?
    Since the last few builds the keyboard defaults to the japanese one. Just long press in a text input field > Input Method > Select "Android Keyboard".

Quadrant doesn't show anything when running the 3D tests. What's going on?
    At the moment, we're missing the Adreno 205 (DesireHD's GPU) library files for Gingerbread. When they're released the problems will be resolved, but for the time being I'm affraid you're going to have to live with it.

Why isn't WiFi working?
    Just reboot your device and it'll work just fine! It happens when you flash the ROM for the first time.

Adfree isn't working! I get JavaIOExeption all the time.
    You don't need Adfree. The builds comes with a preinstalled hosts file to block ads automatically. You don't need to install an additional application for this.

The Application "xyz" keeps force closing. Can you fix this?
    First, make sure you wiped correctly, as stated earlier. This is really one of the most common reasons of getting a force close. If you're absolutely certain that you've wiped and clean-installed the ROM, please take a look at the market comments/description of the app that's forceclosing. Some applications have not been updated to work on Gingerbread (2.3).

How dare you remove the Sim Toolkit application? You should be ashamed of yourself!
    Sorry! Some people claim it has a negative effect on battery life. If you really need it, you can find it here. Just push it to /system/app/ or copy it to your sdcard and install it using your favorite file manager.

"Mighty Nutella" (26/03/2011)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: Don't remember, it was built 2-3 hours ago.
    - Latest hrkfdn uber kernel.
    - New Adreno 205 libs (Kali's work).
    - Re-enabled FM Radio.

"Killer Llama v2" (12/03/2011)
    - Fixed camera.

"Killer Llama" (12/03/2011)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: I625098b8
    - Usual optimizations applied.
    - (Hopefully) No more extreme battery drain (major thanks to hrkfdn, mad-murdock, kali- and everyone else involved in solving this!)
    - Removed FM radio app (due to battery drain).
    - Switched to hrkfdn's kernel with the drain fix.
    - Hopefully increased smoothness a bit (minor boardconfig change - could be a placebo effect, I'm pleased eitherway :p) <~ Removed in v2 as it was causing camera problems.

"Irksome Jalapeño" (02/03/2011)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: I40bb0d4d
    - Fixed white screen on incoming calls.
    - Resolved issues with ringtones/notifications/music.

"Groovy Hippo" (01/03/2011)
    - Just a last-minute release for the "can't turn off data HELP!" problem.
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: I510c223a

"Extra Fluffy" (25/02/2011)
    - Extra Fluffy! Squeeze your precious DHD like never before and show it some love (just like Elmira)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: Didn't look :p Built it around the afternoon.
    - Circle mods have been removed as it was a pain in the *ss to make the changes I wanted to, plus CM7 includes a battery percentage by default now (can be found @ the CM Settings).

"Crispy Duck" (11/02/2011)
    A few highlights:
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: I8e567040 (10/02/2011 05:40).
    - Extended AdamG's script a bit further and added more Circle Battery Mods! Included are: A, B, C, D, F, I, K from this thread. Many thanks to Fightspit for the icons!
    - Updated hosts file.
    - Fixed (hopefully again) Adhoc - still awaiting feedback.

"Astounding Broccoli" (04/02/2011) - Special thanks to lynxboy for the idea!
    A few highlights:
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: I716517b7 (04/02/2011 17:13).
    - Battery Percentage (as requested). Enable/Disable @ CyanogenMod Settings > Display. Thanks to AdamG for this, ported his code to my build. Also, major thanks to Jazzk as well, for his battery percentage icons!
    - Adjust CPU frequency/Governor in the CyanogenMod Settings > Performance.
    - Updated Kernel.

PNK29 (29/01/2011)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section).

PNK22 (22/01/2011)
    - Added Adhoc Support (experimental - not tested)
    - T-mobile themes support.
    - Added Transparency.
    - Minor additional optimizations - should feel a bit smoother than PNK20 (otherwise it's a placebo effect).

PNK20 (20/01/2011)
    - Usual optimizations applied...

PNK14 (14/01/2011)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod github).
    - Working FM Radio.
    - DSP Manager.
    - Other things I can't think of right now.

PNK12b (14/01/2011)
    * Minor Update *
    - Based on PNK12.
    - Properly fixed the keyboard by alterning build.prop (thanks McDV for pointing it out!).
    - Added latest hosts file to block ads until adfree is properly fixed. No need to install Adfree.
    - Added back Setupwizard.apk due to popular request.

PNK12 (12/01/2011)
    - Built tonight with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod github).
    - New kernel (2.6.32.28).
    - Increased keyboard size - now easier to type (to revert to the default, smaller one, look here) fixed in 12b.
    - Added back a wide range of dictionaries.
    - Gallery issues fixed (hopefully - not extensively tested). No more stuck "toast" notifications, faster!
    - Added headphone icon.
    - Removed CMWallpapers.
    - Fixed (hopefully again :p) Navigon problem - thanks Try4ce for pointing it out!
    - More things, I'm probably forgetting.

PNK9 (09/01/2011)
    - Built with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod github).
    - Updated proprietary drivers for ACE.
    - Added Greek layout support on LatinIME.
    - New experimental Music.apk is back, since the original one was removed from CM7.
    - Weather Widget added, as requested.

PNK8 (08/01/2011)
    - Built with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod github).
    - Added latest proprietary drivers for ACE.
    - Reverted a few changes on framework to reduce jerkiness when swiping (at the cost of visual enhancements).
    - Replaced LatinIME with the one from AdamG (includes more dictionaries).
    Themes

Gingerlicious for "Irksome Jalapeño"

Download: Gingerlicious-Irksome.Jalapeno
    MD5SUM: 206b6b31f45c4f0b2881c8bb2be0e929

Flash either with CWM3.x or CWM2.x.

If you're coming from a fresh install of "Irksome Jalapeño", make sure you reboot once before flashing the theme. This way you'll avoid potential bootloops.

Screenshot Information
    The weather widget is "Beautiful Widgets". The widget at the bottom (wifi/bt etc) is SwitchPro.
    I've bundled a zip with the icons and dock used and uploaded it here: http://postkreative.eu/themes/gingerlicious-setup.zip
    The wallpaper can be found here: http://postkreative.eu/themes/Skulls_1.jpg
    Unfortunately I can't recall where I found them or who created them, they're most definately not my work.​

Compile your own CM7 Guide

I wont be adding a guide after all!

You can check out this excellent thread by Walker Street on how to build your own CM7 from source.

Make sure you thank him for his excellent guide.
    ** New Release **

"Extra Fluffy" (25/02/2011)
    - Extra Fluffy! Squeeze your precious DHD like never before and show it some love (just like Elmira)
    - Built today with the latest commits (more info @ cyanogenmod review section). Latest included commit: Didn't look :p Built it around the afternoon.
    - Circle mods have been removed as it was a pain in the *ss to make the changes I wanted to, plus CM7 includes a battery percentage by default now (can be found @ the CM Settings).

As you can see the only thing I did was revert that magic commit which seems to be causing lag to some people using the official nightlies. Not much time at the moment to experiment with new stuff, so this is the best I can do for the time being. Hope you enjoy this release, it's been stable for me the past few hours.

Edit: I've just updated the Gingerlicious theme as well - I owed it to vinnieminnie.
    You guys are making it too hard... :p

Maybe tonight. :)