[Q] epic Calander Problems

Search This thread

urirx98

Nov 9, 2007
Ok i searched thru the search and havent found my answer. I set up gmail calander and inside it set up some events to follow, like Us Holidays and sport teams calanders. It set up nicely on my laptop, but when i sync on my phone, they show up in the list of connected calanders but are now in the actual calander. Am i doing something wrong?, like looking at the samsung calander and not the Gmail calander. I am on Froyo Dk28 rooted aswell. HELP!!

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Ok i searched thru the search and havent found my answer. I set up gmail calander and inside it set up some events to follow, like Us Holidays and sport teams calanders. It set up nicely on my laptop, but when i sync on my phone, they show up in the list of connected calanders but are now in the actual calander. Am i doing something wrong?, like looking at the samsung calander and not the Gmail calander. I am on Froyo Dk28 rooted aswell. HELP!!

I didn't fully catch your question, but If I understand correctly:
have you tried going to the regular calendar?: open app drawer, select Calendar. Then Menu, Settings, Calendars

Here you can check or uncheck the calendars you want to show; the list should include all of your calendars, including "other" calendars you added through GCal. After you do that, hit the back button, go to Calendar Sync and make sure the calendar is checked to sync (if you want that). I'm pretty sure most of the other 3rd party calendar apps either use the same method or pull from these settings.

urirx98

Nov 9, 2007
that didnt work, anyone else got any ideas?? Please very annoying not having the holidays on the phone

APOLAUF

Jun 22, 2007
Nashville, TN
Had same issue. Clearing Calenar and Sync storage fixed it right up for me. Didn't even need to uncheck the calendars.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

D`Nyed

Oct 2, 2008
same issue here... clearing the cache actually made me lose some of the calendars I had synced and now can't get them back...

Haven't been able to get a calender my wife has shared with me since upgrading at all.

adamjt

Jul 3, 2007
Before I upgraded, I forgot to save the phone calendar since it doesn't sync to google. I used MyBackup Root before I upgraded to save the all calendars. So, I restored the calendar in MyBackup Root and it took all my events from all the calendars it backed up and smushed them into the main calendar. I didn't catch it before it synced to google and it made a mess. I exported the calendar to try to fix it and deleted the calendar to find that the export is corrupted...DOH!!!

Anyone else have a way to solve this issue with MyBackup and putting all calendars into one?

lazyart

Jul 27, 2006
If it's not showing up in the list, uncheck the Calendar Sync from your google account. Then goto Settings->Applications and clear application data for "Calendar Storage" (not "Calendar"). Then recheck the calendar Sync to resync, that should work.

OMG THANK YOU! Lost a bunch of appointments when I went to DK28, and this fixed it!

urirx98

Nov 9, 2007
You know i dont think i read things correctly the 1st time, either that or i should have tried it a 2nd time because by GEORGE IT WORKED. AWESOME!!

morbiddevil82

Aug 5, 2010
Rogers, AR
Had all my calendars except 1 before i tried the 'fix'... then did the fix...and lost all my calendars...

i dunno what i did but i got one of them back... 1! .... but still not all of them.. later im going to try to replace the calendar apk file

gerrym

Dec 7, 2010
Norfolk, VA
www.gmassie.net
If it's not showing up in the list, uncheck the Calendar Sync from your google account. Then goto Settings->Applications and clear application data for "Calendar Storage" (not "Calendar"). Then recheck the calendar Sync to resync, that should work.

Took me a minute to find the setting, on my Epic 2.2.1 its Settings > Applications > Manage > All > Calendar Storage

WOW. Clearing the cache. I sort of felt it was the cache that was corrupt, but did not know the 'ALL' tab on Apps existed!!

THANKS A TON!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:

eheaps

Mar 19, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I was missing some events/appointments in EB13 calendar. Unchecking sync, then clearing data in "calendar storage" then rechecking sync did the trick! Thank you!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.