[ROM] NB_Mod-2.15.531.1 Revision 2 [Updated 2/18/11] [NOTE added 4/1/11]

Search This thread

nbetcher

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone!

I'm bringing you the FIRST ROM that is derived from the latest OTA (January 31st). At this time I haven't packaged together the 2.15 OTA into an unmodified version. It took a lot of time to get the OTA to cleanly apply to the previous OTA (2.13) due to the reinclusion of Swype (which was missing from 2.13).

NEW 4/1/2011: Please use my Overclock+Interactive governer kernel here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1016411. Not only does this allow overclocking, but it improves the redraw performance and other general user interface responsiveness that this latest OTA from T-Mobile seems to have an issue with. If you wish to overclock your device once you've flashed that zip, please make sure to download SetCPU from the Market, run it, and press Menu, and select 'Disable Perflock' and follow the instructions first, then overclock.

On that note, this ROM contains (none of which I added manually):
- Swype!
- HTC_IME
- Bug fixes and improvements in various packages
- What seems like a noticeable increase in speed

This ROM does NOT contain:
- Bloatware, which includes Amazon MP3, HTC MyTouchMusic, Genius-button related applications, and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AppPack, and Faves (including widget).

The following was MODIFIED:
- com.htc.resources.apk to remove the iPhone-like bubbles from the Nest (default) theme.

Changes in revision 2:
- Genius button now binds to search. Use LaunchKey to bind it to something else.
- Added Apps2SD.
- Removed NabService to preserve slightly more memory and to get rid of the T-Mobile synchronization service.
- Removed T-Mobile My Account to preserve more memory and to get rid of it off of your My Apps tab in the Market.
- Updated Maps, Vending to latest version and added Google Voice (if you don't want GVoice, then remove system/app/GVoice.apk from the .zip before flashing).

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/8W7UJG3MB0

Please donate!
Please donate if you appreciate my work!
The donate button is underneath my name. :)

Last edited:

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Awesome thnx man can't wait to try it soon as its done downloading

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

whoisloon

Sep 27, 2009
Hey NB is there an OC kernal that would go with this rom??

BTW... Thanks man.. for all your work!!

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Im using miguels kernel too its seems to be working really nice so far noticed its definetly more responsive especially when using LWP

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Its been pretty good for me so far been playing with it all morning and battery is still full

skuidkid

Aug 24, 2009
Im using miguels kernel too its seems to be working really nice so far noticed its definetly more responsive especially when using LWP

I can't seem to find miguels kernel anywhere.The Link in new ROM bible is broken. can you guide me in the right direction?

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Rom but its modded I believe u go from 2.13 wich is the latest CR OTA to 2.15

stopjockingme@gmail.com

May 28, 2009
I am still on the old CHAMPION rom from many months ago. What is needed to flash this rom? Can I just download this rom and flash it? Or do I need to update something?

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Im using this rom with ADW EX launcher OCed at 787 and its running like a champ

migueltherocker

Jun 19, 2010
Miami
Does this mean all the Espresso ROMs will have to be deleted as well, since HTC have not released the GPLed source code for large parts of their ROMs?

I appreciate you defending me, but Amdroid is not released under GPL. The android kernel is based on the linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL. Therefore, htc and other companies are legally obligated to release kernel source code, but not to their modifications to Android.

But good news! I'm ungrounded, so I can post kernel source now.

Wagedroid

Dec 21, 2010
Lauderdale
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I appreciate you defending me, but Amdroid is not released under GPL. The android kernel is based on the linux kernel, which is licensed under GPL. Therefore, htc and other companies are legally obligated to release kernel source code, but not to their modifications to Android.

But good news! I'm ungrounded, so I can post kernel source now.
This is great news. Keep up the good work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

I'm bringing you the FIRST ROM that is derived from the latest OTA (January 31st). At this time I haven't packaged together the 2.15 OTA into an unmodified version. It took a lot of time to get the OTA to cleanly apply to the previous OTA (2.13) due to the reinclusion of Swype (which was missing from 2.13).

NEW 4/1/2011: Please use my Overclock+Interactive governer kernel here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1016411. Not only does this allow overclocking, but it improves the redraw performance and other general user interface responsiveness that this latest OTA from T-Mobile seems to have an issue with. If you wish to overclock your device once you've flashed that zip, please make sure to download SetCPU from the Market, run it, and press Menu, and select 'Disable Perflock' and follow the instructions first, then overclock.

On that note, this ROM contains (none of which I added manually):
    - Swype!
    - HTC_IME
    - Bug fixes and improvements in various packages
    - What seems like a noticeable increase in speed

This ROM does NOT contain:
    - Bloatware, which includes Amazon MP3, HTC MyTouchMusic, Genius-button related applications, and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AppPack, and Faves (including widget).

The following was MODIFIED:
    - com.htc.resources.apk to remove the iPhone-like bubbles from the Nest (default) theme.

Changes in revision 2:
    - Genius button now binds to search. Use LaunchKey to bind it to something else.
    - Added Apps2SD.
    - Removed NabService to preserve slightly more memory and to get rid of the T-Mobile synchronization service.
    - Removed T-Mobile My Account to preserve more memory and to get rid of it off of your My Apps tab in the Market.
    - Updated Maps, Vending to latest version and added Google Voice (if you don't want GVoice, then remove system/app/GVoice.apk from the .zip before flashing).

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/8W7UJG3MB0

Please donate!
    Please donate if you appreciate my work!
    The donate button is underneath my name. :)
    Firstly, i love this ROM, it's extremely fast and i seriously don't see a reason to OC it!
    I only have two issues, the first being the Out Of Space very quickly! even when using Apps2SD and Moving all Cache, i can't even install my iGO on it as there is no space :(

Secondaly, i don't mind the disabling of the Genius features, but how come there is no re-assign button to have it launch something else? cause accidentaly pressing it, keeps rebooting the session which is worse then having it launch Genius :rolleyes:

Yeah, not sure why stock roms always have space issues. Try custom mtd partitions, lowering cache to 60 or 50 and system down to 200. That'll give you 60 or 70 more mb for data. Check the dev section for custom mtd partitions tutorial, it was posted by hebrewtoyou, should be on the first page still.
    Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide
    It seems there are missing apps. I can see them in 3rd Sense but not with this rom. I like it so far. just wonder if there are anymore updates coming and if they will actually push this update or not.

Huh? Elaborate. What missing apps? What is "they"?
    Well 1 was MLB At bat (I know baseball has barely started) and the other was Julian Date by iCorps.

Thanks for the great Rom nbetcher!

I don't recall those programs being in 3rdSense. Also, I didn't remove those apps from this ROM, so if they weren't there to begin with I am not allowed to add them as it would (most likely) be illegal. I seriously doubt they were in 3rdSense - you need to redownload them from the Market, bud.
    physical keyboard has the wrong key mapping. spaces end up being commas letters end up bringing up the search instead of typing a letter

Do u have spell check and prediction on? Cause I heard of that happening only when spell check and prediction are on for the hardware keyboard.