Free Online Storage - The List

Search This thread

Testrunner

Jul 17, 2010
Highland
Free online storage list. Add to it if you can please.

I did a little research and found out that DropBox is not the only free online backup solution that can be used for your EVO. I have been trying them out and some seem really amazing and so I wanted to share.

I would put links to them all but you can easily find them by searching on google and I don't know how the MODS would feel about all the outside links.

Although Dropbox seems to have the most fans, I am trying SugarSync because of the instant 5GB storage. Sign up on the SugarSync.com website or click my link below to get a bonus 500MB :)

Here is the list I created. Feel free to add to it.

1. Dropbox 2GB
  2. SugarSync 5GB <-----My favorite by far...
  3. ZumboDrive 2GB
  4. Memopal 3GB
  5. Spideroak 2Gb
  6. Syncplicity 5GB
  7. Dmailer 2GB
  8. IDriveSync 2GB
  9. Box.net 5GB -->thanks @eelmonger
  10. Microsoft SkyDrive + Sorami (app)- 25gb --> thanks @michaelvibe & jobryan26
  11. Adrive 50GB ---> thanks @michaelvibe

Attention MODS... If I can get an official go ahead from you I will put links (not referrals) to these free resources. I will also do mini reviews on each because some are obviously better than others. The best ones out there such as Dropbox and Sugarsync (IMO) are "the best" because they offer an apps for your phone and computer (MAC or PC).

Last edited:

Fadakar

Oct 17, 2009
California
Dropbox has always been my favorite, they treat their users like kings, seriously. They offer free space all the time, usually for no reason.

Last time someone made a topic about Dropbox everyone started posting their referral links and everyone got a good chunk of space for free. Let's get that ball rolling, yeah? :D

Dropbox!

Testrunner

Jul 17, 2010
Highland
Not just about Dropbox

I appreciate your response. But I did not want this to be a list of where people posted their referral links to Dropbox. Thats cool and all... I have a referral link which has never been used and would love for people to use it but I was hoping more of creating a list of Dropbox like services.

Obviously people will post what they want, but maybe you could start another post about Dropbox specific and see if you can get it started? Cool?

I don't want to be a hypocrite because I did put my SugarSync referral link up there.

p.s- I would like to make a nice resource for everyone looking for free online storage. Does anyone know if the mods would mind if I put links (not my referral links), but just simple links to each free service so people to access easily?

eelmonger

Jun 17, 2010
I love Dropbox, but when I started filling that up, I found Box.net which gives you 5 free gigs, but has some limits on filesizes and such.

Reactions: Testrunner

michaelvibe

Jun 17, 2010
Arkansas
I appreciate your response. But I did not want this to be a list of where people posted their referral links to Dropbox. Thats cool and all... I have a referral link which has never been used and would love for people to use it but I was hoping more of creating a list of Dropbox like services.

Obviously people will post what they want, but maybe you could start another post about Dropbox specific and see if you can get it started? Cool?

I don't want to be a hypocrite because I did put my SugarSync referral link up there.

p.s- I would like to make a nice resource for everyone looking for free online storage. Does anyone know if the mods would mind if I put links (not my referral links), but just simple links to each free service so people to access easily?

I dont think it would be a big deal. Just make it clear that they are outside links and not refferals.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

fenixjn

Jul 21, 2009
Adrive - 50gb

Yep, been using these guys for 3 years now. No issues. They do not offer SSL encryption on the free accounts though or FTP access. Also, keep in mind that they have 2 free accounts: one which is 50 GB completely free and another one which has also 50GB but has a 14 day trial. Make sure you choose the right account on creation.

Once inside all file transfers are handled through a java interface.

BrandonEnr7

Sep 4, 2010
Walnut Creek, CA
I have been using Dropbox for about a month and it is amazing. Keeps all of my things in sync between my Laptop, Netbook, EVO, and iPod Touch. 2GB is more than enough for me and it is so simple to use.

Thanks for the list of other places, I might be curious to try other services though to see what else is out there.

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
This thread is spam. The only link in the op is a referral link to benefit the thread author.

Testrunner

Jul 17, 2010
Highland
@Biker1

@Biker1 - Thanks for the resources but I checked them out and as far as I could tell they were not free. Please correct me if I am wrong. Nice link to compare Dropbox with Sugarsync!

@indagroove - This thread is not spam. Your post is not helpful. I check this thread daily and will continue to add free resources as I find them or when people post them. I OBVIOUSLY put my link to Sugarsync. Plus I OBVIOUSLY mentioned I have Dropbox which I did not put a referral link to. I said Sugarsync was my favorite and I thought others would like it and using the referral link will give you an extra 500mg storage... and duh, I get a bonus too but thats not the point. I will gladly put links directly to these free resources if I get an okay from the mod. Not referral links, just plain links. BTW, why not have referral links to give extra storage to someone trying them out? It's a thought worth thinking through.

Notice the little yellow star under my profile? (you have some too so I think you understand). Want to know how many times I have donated to various developers? I am not here to cause problems dude so please chill out. I am here to learn and share. I realize I flipped out a bit here on my response. I dont like accusations. A question directed at me would have been a better way I think.

Last edited:

indagroove

Nov 17, 2007
@Biker1 - Thanks for the resources but I checked them out and as far as I could tell they were not free. Please correct me if I am wrong. Nice link to compare Dropbox with Sugarsync!

@indagroove - This thread is not spam. Your post is not helpful. I check this thread daily and will continue to add free resources as I find them or when people post them. I OBVIOUSLY put my link to Sugarsync. Plus I OBVIOUSLY mentioned I have Dropbox which I did not put a referral link to. I said Sugarsync was my favorite and I thought others would like it and using the referral link will give you an extra 500mg storage... and duh, I get a bonus too but thats not the point. I will gladly put links directly to these free resources if I get an okay from the mod. Not referral links, just plain links. BTW, why not have referral links to give extra storage to someone trying them out? It a thought worth thinking through.

Notice the little yellow star under my profile? (you have some too so I think you understand). Want to know how many times I have donated to various developers? I am not here to cause problems dude so please chill out. I realize I flipped out a bit here on my response. I dont like accusations. A question directed at me would have been a better way I think.

You posted your own referral link, and directed others not to. I think that's wrong, and hypocritical.

I'm all for referrals, so just be clear about what you are doing, and make it a referral thread.

I have a Hulu Plus referral link. Please use it to get 2 weeks free: https://hulu.com/r/E9qhSw

adeyo

Mar 31, 2008
Lynchburg, VA
just signed up for Adrive! thanks for the tip. ...is there an android version floating around or do i just have to use a browser and sign in via web??

Reactions: Testrunner

Testrunner

Jul 17, 2010
Highland
@adeyo- How do you like Adrive?

Thanks Adeyo. I don't know anything about Adrive. Tell us what you think about it when you get a chance.

Testrunner

Jul 17, 2010
Highland
@indagroove

You posted your own referral link, and directed others not to. I think that's wrong, and hypocritical.

I'm all for referrals, so just be clear about what you are doing, and make it a referral thread.

I have a Hulu Plus referral link. Please use it to get 2 weeks free: https://hulu.com/r/E9qhSw

In all honesty, I don't care if people post referral links. ALL I was saying to the OP was that I don't want the thread to be ONLY about referral links. I really want to make a nice list of free online storage for us.

I have seen those threads that are just about referrals. One hundred referral links to dropbox gets old and cluttered.

I have a thought. Maybe on a first come basis then as a "reward" for finding cool free online storage each user can post ONE referral link to the resource they found. That way anyone wanting to sign up for that service gets off to a nice start.

BTW- I just started this thread, I don't control it. Do what you want. But don't go claiming this thread is spam because its not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Free online storage list. Add to it if you can please.

I did a little research and found out that DropBox is not the only free online backup solution that can be used for your EVO. I have been trying them out and some seem really amazing and so I wanted to share.

I would put links to them all but you can easily find them by searching on google and I don't know how the MODS would feel about all the outside links.

Although Dropbox seems to have the most fans, I am trying SugarSync because of the instant 5GB storage. Sign up on the SugarSync.com website or click my link below to get a bonus 500MB :)

Here is the list I created. Feel free to add to it.

1. Dropbox 2GB
    2. SugarSync 5GB <-----My favorite by far...
    3. ZumboDrive 2GB
    4. Memopal 3GB
    5. Spideroak 2Gb
    6. Syncplicity 5GB
    7. Dmailer 2GB
    8. IDriveSync 2GB
    9. Box.net 5GB -->thanks @eelmonger
    10. Microsoft SkyDrive + Sorami (app)- 25gb --> thanks @michaelvibe & jobryan26
    11. Adrive 50GB ---> thanks @michaelvibe

Attention MODS... If I can get an official go ahead from you I will put links (not referrals) to these free resources. I will also do mini reviews on each because some are obviously better than others. The best ones out there such as Dropbox and Sugarsync (IMO) are "the best" because they offer an apps for your phone and computer (MAC or PC).
    I love Dropbox, but when I started filling that up, I found Box.net which gives you 5 free gigs, but has some limits on filesizes and such.
    Microsoft SkyDrive - 25gb

Ridiculous amount of free space. Haven't used them in a long time though.

Microsoft SkyDrive - 25gb

Ridiculous amount of free space. Haven't used them in a long time though.

Yep Skydrive + Sorami.
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/sorami-skydrive-beta/shoozhoo.sorami
    Adrive - 50gb