Which kernel is giving you the best results with Apex?

• Talon

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Darkcore

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Existz Voodoo

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • XCal' I9000 Reoriented

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jcr81

Jan 15, 2011
I'm not sure I understand the black android theming of the reboot, recovery and download icons. Looks like a weak battery indicator. Was this intentional?

Vivified

Jan 30, 2011
Fresno, CA

Attachments

• snap20110311_082545.jpg
    snap20110311_082545.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

watsa

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2011
Markham
I'm seeing this as well

OOps i may have messed up in taking those images. i will modify the images, add a silver battery mod, add back stock twinger animations soon to the black theme. Sorry

EDIT: Can you find anything else that needs to be replaced? I know it doesnt have black market and gmail but then they get updated almost daily now

Last edited:

Vivified

Jan 30, 2011
Fresno, CA
OOps i may have messed up in taking those images. i will modify the images and add a silver battery mod soon to the black theme. Sorry

EDIT: Can you find anything else that needs to be replaced? I know it doesnt have black market and gmail but then they get updated almost daily now

Market and gmail don't bug me because of the constant updates, we have to live with it.

Also, dialer doesn't look like it was themed to black android, but really... losing animations makes me want to cry

Last edited:

watsa

Feb 12, 2011
Markham
Market and gmail don't bug me because of the constant updates, we have to live with it.

Also, dialer doesn't look like it was themed to black android, but really... losing animations makes me want to cry

Okies i will update some images, add back transitions and theme the dialer a bit more... I have marked black theme as a beta now :D

psyfactor

Oct 5, 2007
Bug reports (v4.0)

I flashed 4.0 yesterday (will test 4.1 later) and found a few FC in Settings:

1) Settings - Display - Wallpapers - Lock screen wallpaper
2) Settings - Local & Text - MTM Gingerbread Green - Input languages

Battery seems to drain faster than stock Rogers 2.1, 2.2 and Andromeda 1.2 with the same settings. Will look at it more carefully tomorrow.

And this one is weird but not just on Twingerbread though:

I was on stock 2.2 Rogers with I896 Captivate then flashed to Andromeda 1.2 everything was fine except the Voice Mail notification was always on. There's no way to clear it. Mind you, I don't have the voice mail service on my Rogers account. Then I ODIN back to Rogers 2.1 and that notification was gone. Now, when I flash Twingerbread 4.0, that notification came back. That's not the end of the world but really annoying :) Has anyone on Rogers seen this before?

Reactions: watsa

watsa

Feb 12, 2011
Markham
I flashed 4.0 yesterday (will test 4.1 later) and found a few FC in Settings:

1) Settings - Display - Wallpapers - Lock screen wallpaper
2) Settings - Local & Text - MTM Gingerbread Green - Input languages

Battery seems to drain faster than stock Rogers 2.1, 2.2 and Andromeda 1.2 with the same settings. Will look at it more carefully tomorrow.

And this one is weird but not just on Twingerbread though:

I was on stock 2.2 Rogers with I896 Captivate then flashed to Andromeda 1.2 everything was fine except the Voice Mail notification was always on. There's no way to clear it. Mind you, I don't have the voice mail service on my Rogers account. Then I ODIN back to Rogers 2.1 and that notification was gone. Now, when I flash Twingerbread 4.0, that notification came back. That's not the end of the world but really annoying :) Has anyone on Rogers seen this before?

Supplied GB keyboard is a stripped one supporting only english - will fix this, looking into lock screen wallpaper issue and as for battery i would say give it sometime and u will start seeing the difference

Last edited:

watsa

Feb 12, 2011
Markham
As far as the voicemail icon always being displayed, is a unique problem.. i left myself a voicemail to test this lol and everything was fine

jcr81

Jan 15, 2011
OOps i may have messed up in taking those images. i will modify the images, add a silver battery mod, add back stock twinger animations soon to the black theme. Sorry

Would it be possible to also get the blacked out keyboard from the i9000 port? I've also seemed to have lost the AOSP icons for the camera and calculator. Donation forthcoming. Transaction ID # 99F24270T2067324V Thanks!

Last edited:

watsa

Feb 12, 2011
Markham
Would it be possible to also get the blacked out keyboard from the i9000 port? I've also seemed to have lost the AOSP icons for the camera and calculator. Donation forthcoming. Transaction ID # 99F24270T2067324V Thanks!

ok sir blacked out keyboard will be included.. thanks

watsa

Feb 12, 2011
Markham
Working on fixes for GB keyboard, lock screen wall paper chooser FCs.. fixes will be out soon.. then i would replace some icons and pngs in black theme

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting Apex

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss, damages or any other kind of issue that can arise from installing this ROM.

Apex 10.x = More SGS II + Less SGS + More Arc

1309013078.jpg

Apex 10.x: (Instructions, ROM, Mods, Themes)
    http://apexromcaptivate.weebly.com/apex-10x---jvs.html

GPS Fix for 10.x from Nexus S http://www.mediafire.com/?mb5ybmdulw53aop

Incase you need it:
    Stock JVS GPS http://www.mediafire.com/?t2z1pa0ao0hw5zv

Apex wallpapers:http://www.mediafire.com/?7if3ogbl9qm9kxm

Must do after you flash 10.x
    go to settings --> device customization --> lockscreen --> Select custom app to avoid reboots
    go to settings --> device customization --> Statusbar --> Check and uncheck Hide battery icon once to get it back. Give it about 2 mins to show up

Older Apex GB builds can be found here: http://apexromcaptivate.weebly.com

ApeX 5.3 based on JS8 2.2.1 (Instructions, ROM, Mods, Themes) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13137203&postcount=1265
    Hi All,

In an amazing turn around of events I ended up selling my captivate, Atrix and a couple other phones. The good part is I have some money now :) but I am finding it hard to believe that I will be away from Apex/Pinnacle.

It was fun to work on them as a rom dev. I got to learn so much about android and rom deving. I always admired talent of DaGr8 and perfection of Cezar'. While DaGr8 always brought new features for our captivate cezar' always strived for perfection. They were both my gurus :)

I would still say that DaGr8 is the best dev around for captivate and I9000 and he should be given the credit he deserves for his hard work.

See you all on the SGS II side and thanks for supporting an Idiot like me :)

really? Do u even know what u r talking about? I am going to report your retarted post to a mod.

On a side note market apps DO NOT GET INSTALLED ON SYSTEM PARTITION. THEY ARE INSTALLED ON /DATA PARTITION.

The issue that you have is because of new market needing a cache of 50MB while we have only 30MB on captivate by default. Now go and curse samsung.

And next time before making a retard post know what the hell u r writing
    This might not be the best place for this but what would be the best way to remove system apps? More specifically the samsung apps and widgets.

TiBU or deleting apk from system/app using root explorer
    Back to topic please,

@ all, make positive and / or constructive contributions that can help the chef or dev in improving their rom; if not please don't post.

People invest time in putting this together, please respect other's work.

Thanks