Weird SMS issue, possibly on Sprint's side?

Search This thread

lifeofbean

Oct 2, 2010
Dallas TX
www.facebook.com
I'm thinking this is a Sprint issue, but...

About 30 minutes ago, I started getting flooded with SMS notifications. Every SMS I've gotten in the past 24 hours is now showing up as unread - some with the original timestamp, some with a new timestamp. It finally stopped a couple of minutes ago... for now.

Not a fun way to wake up.

Probaholic1

Dec 24, 2010
Palmdale
www.twitter.com
Oh...yes I remember this use to be an issue with the OG droid after an update its happened on various different phones as well as carriers unfortunately I can't remember what the fix was.. dang.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

byersbw

Jun 29, 2007
NE Indiana
Yeah, my phone apparently sent out several txt's as well to people at 4am. :( It updated at 11pm last night. So far I pissed off 3 people because of it and I didn't even do anything! Grumble grumble grumble...

About 30 minutes ago, I started getting flooded with SMS notifications. Every SMS I've gotten in the past 24 hours is now showing up as unread - some with the original timestamp, some with a new timestamp. It finally stopped a couple of minutes ago... for now.

Reactions: blazinazn

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008
Yeah, my phone apparently sent out several txt's as well to people at 4am. :( It updated at 11pm last night. So far I pissed off 3 people because of it and I didn't even do anything! Grumble grumble grumble...

THe opposite happened for me. Someone sent me 5-6 text messages yesterday morning around 10 am. I didn't get them until 4 am this morning. I was none to pleased that my phone started blowing up AND my text messages were late...

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Yeah, my girlfriend texted me this morning asking her why I was up at 3 am and why was I texting her then..... I went to sleep at 11 lol.... maybe I was sleep texting? Lol jk... stupid sprint...

BigBrotherMotown

Mar 31, 2010
My wife received a bunch of texts from me at 4 something this morning as well in Michigan.

Im in the Chicago area and the same thing happened to me....I was like "WTF is texting me at 4 in the morning!?" I received 6 text messages that had been sent the DAY BEFORE! They all had proper time/date stamps on them....

I am truly fed up with sprints poor service and excuses, like the one person mentioned above....Sprint got a whole lotta nerve blaiming the AIRAVE for any of our problems (as if they have nothing to do with the device...LMAO). Its bad enough that they are PIGGY BACKING off of our internet (which we pay for) to make up for their lack of a cellular signal (which we also pay for).

Never had ANY of these problems when I was with us cellular....the only reason I left was because I am a GADGET WHORE and us cellulars phones SUCK DONKEY BALLS! Its a shame too because I had me eye set on that new Kyocera Echo.....

But I cant take the dropped calls and poor service any more. (It sucks having to APOLOGIZE constantly to my friends, family and business associates for missing their calls and messages)

ichefae85

Feb 23, 2011
I was having the same issue messages failing to go through and.then being.bombarded with already read messages thought it was my phone but guess it was a network issue

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

GlassGorilla

Sep 29, 2010
Same sort of issues for me, too. I've had a lot of people angry at me for waking them up from a picture or text that I "sent" at a time when I myself wasn't conscious...

With me, it happens more often with pictures than texts. People are still getting St. Patty's Day pictures from me that they've already received and have been receiving since that night.

I don't know what's at fault, but I'm on EB13 OTA and I don't remember this kind of stuff happening before that. I also sometimes have problems getting sms to send since that update.

Muckrak3r

Sep 16, 2010
I haven't sent our received any old texts, but current texts are showing up on my wifes phone as way off on the time stamp. She gets them right after I send them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.