[MODULE-|-SOURCE] Atrix 4G Overclock Module -- Up to 1.5GHz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

anomaly460

May 16, 2008
I hit 3k on quadrant...it would be exciting to see what this can do.

Attachments

• 1301161631654.jpg
    1301161631654.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 891
Reactions: nrobin

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Quadrant is pretty much outdated, I think that for CPU benchmarks it is only using one core of two.

Anyway, the module is nearly ready. I only need to make some polishing.... :)

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
http://code.google.com/p/milestone-overclock/
Perhaps you could fork the source from this project and tweak it for your Tegra2 module? It would be MUCH easier for users to install that way as an APK, and could give you the opportunity to add a donate version in the market.

coolbho3000 in the Xoom thread also has an OC kernel for the Xoom which is Tegra2. Perhaps if you run into any problems you could shoot him a PM?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=972414

I'm not really an expert developer, but I dabble with several phones and tablets. Don't let critics of your work get you down, but also make sure you post anything that's untested in something like size 6 font bolded and bright red ;)

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
@navalynt
Milestone and Sholes family are OMAP based devices, this is totally different. Tegra 2.
I don't know if I can make an application for this, but surely I can't use Milestone-Overclock as it is his app and well... I don't want to reuse someone else's work for mine.
Don't want to create flames.

@raybond25
Thanks but....without these sources the work would never been started... :)

3 lines to go :)

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
np, I was just pointing out they already created a framework for overclocking and loading an OC module. If you use your own module for Tegra2 and a fork of that framework it would give you a jumpstart on getting something stable to easily distribute and test.

It's an open source project so as long as you give some credit for the original work I don't see how the original developers would have a problem with it. You can always re-invent the wheel (so to speak) if you want it done your way from scratch though.

tassadar898

Nov 25, 2008
does finished module = overclocking for the masses? or the first major big step towards OCing for us non devs :)

lenetzky

Mar 22, 2011
Chi-town
That makes two people watching this thread's every line. I would love to push my Atrix to its limits. Thanks for the work your doing.

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
Well, it's ready.

But as I don't have my Atrix yet I'm looking for some testers :)

Download in first post!

Thanks for your contributions!

T

tical2k

how do we load or where do we place the .ko file? modprobe? I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Motorola Olympus (Atrix 4G) Overclock Thread!

Well, I didn't know what to do today, so I've created something useful, an Overclock Module. However, this is incomplete and I need help for completing it.

More specifically, I don't know how to replace the already loaded table with the one written in this module. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONES BRICKS.

Download:
    Compiled module: HERE (Min 200MHz Max 1.4GHz)
    Module source: HERE (Outdated. It'll be updated when it'll be cleaned.)

What you need:
    1. A brain
    2. A ROOTED Atrix
    3. Patience
    4. PC and SDCARD.

How to load it:
    1. Download the compiled module
    2. Put it on the root of your sdcard
    3. On your ROOTED device, run a terminal emulator and do exactly... this:
    Code:
    su
    cp /sdcard/olympus_overclock.ko /data/
    chmod 777 /data/olympus_overclock.ko
    cd /data
    insmod olympus_overclock.ko
    4. Use SetCPU for your profiles :)

And let me clarify a thing: This isn't a kernel. This is a kernel module

Thanks to:
    Skrilax_CZ - Without you, I would never had been completed the work.
    iggytom & Bakano - Thanks for your kallsyms logs!

Stay Tuned!
    Closing this thread temporary. I will reopen when the OP PM me and continue supporting the thread. Also, added a note in the first post to try this at your own risk, since the OP will not be responsible if you damage your phone.
    It's not working on anyone's lol. read just ONE page at least? Lol

Atrix ~_~

That would require him to actually spend 3 minutes reading where as he can spend 30 seconds making a reply and waste someone elses time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I am on 1.2.6 and when using the Tegra setting with a minimum of 1000, I got a Smartbench score of 293x. Using the setcpu.txt set to a minimum of 1200 I only scored 23xx. :confused:

That's unfortunate... Of course, don't think the overclock module actually made your phone slower. It's didn't. Smartbench is notoriously erratic for the faster smartphones, because the test is not long enough. That's why I only look at the averages (and even these are just one out of many perspectives on the same processor).

However, I do think that if you were really running at 1.4ghz, you would see great leaps in the scores (on average). Take, for instance, the Xoom Tablet. Its average Smartbench 2011 score before overclock is around 2900 (productivity), whereas the productivity average for an overclocked Xoom at 1.5ghz is around 4100. If we were really running our phones at 1.4ghz, we'd know it.

Further, I've run System Information off of multiple apps and never saw the current CPU exceed 1000mhz. I just hoped that my problem was running it on 1.5.7.
    What you need:
    1. A brain
    2. A ROOTED Atrix
    3. Patience
    4. PC and SDCARD.

How to load it:

From the testers point of view before we even get to looking at this, which kernel did you design this for being we now have three currently out with the retail, the leaked feb version, and the OTA update. Pleas provide your how too asap before someone dose something wrong and burn out their device. That said I'm waiting till I see a proper OP before I look at this again, good luck.