[ROM]VIPERrom [SynErgY] EXT4-RFS Dual EB13 5.0[OC/UV/VooDoo Sound/NO CIQ] 03/19/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jemarent

May 9, 2008
I still can't get the google search fix to work. I've tried everything thing I can think of. I've tried BTs fixes and tried placing it system apps folder with no luck at all. Any other ideas. The widget is all messed up to.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Does any of the Viper Team have an idea as to what files I need to delete or overwrite to make Hotspot work again. I tried the fix posted a few pages ago but that didn't solve the problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

notsosmrtgeek

Dec 22, 2010
portage
John
did you try just running. The wifi tether. If so go into the settings and choose. The epic then go to the the one right below that and choose softtap for samsung.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
John
did you try just running. The wifi tether. If so go into the settings and choose. The epic then go to the the one right below that and choose softtap for samsung.

I will give that a shot. I was switching the phone setting but not the second setting. I will give that a shot now. Thanks

SPElectronics

Sep 21, 2010
AZ
Anyone else having issues with text messages? I've sent about a dozen texts to my wife in the last 2 days, and she has not received a single one of them. I'll reboot the phone and see if that fixes it, but I have been trying to just run the phone as long as possible on the last charge, to see how far it will really go. Wondering if maybe I killed sms service by accident or something. I don't get any errors or anything, it appears to send as normal, but she just doesn't receive them.

HipHopIsLyfe37

Sep 26, 2010
Moline
Anyone else having issues with text messages? I've sent about a dozen texts to my wife in the last 2 days, and she has not received a single one of them. I'll reboot the phone and see if that fixes it, but I have been trying to just run the phone as long as possible on the last charge, to see how far it will really go. Wondering if maybe I killed sms service by accident or something. I don't get any errors or anything, it appears to send as normal, but she just doesn't receive them.

Nope, everything is fine here. That's weird though, never have heard that one

Sent from my SPH-D700

Reactions: kapalua

trik11

Apr 17, 2009
I just flashed my phone 2 Synergy and I didnt search thru all the pages, but is any1 else having internet force close on them??? I can open and type in a website , but as soon as I push go then it force closes..

Thanks in advance!!

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
I just flashed my phone 2 Synergy and I didnt search thru all the pages, but is any1 else having internet force close on them??? I can open and type in a website , but as soon as I push go then it force closes..

Thanks in advance!!
It seems like Dolphin, X-Scope force close. Miren Browser seems to be cool though

SPElectronics

Sep 21, 2010
AZ
I have had a few random texts not make it to the recipient in the past, even when running stock rooted, but this was unusual. I usually reboot immediately upon having any odd issues, but I didn't know until much later that the texts were not reaching her. What had me confused is incoming texts were working just fine. Fortunately after a reboot it is working again, and all previous attempts to send texts finally went out, so she got a dozen messages all at once. lol

Just a minor glitch I guess.

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
I am patiently waiting to get my computer back (crashed... I hate Microsoft) so that I can go from DK28 to EC05. Do you have any idea if the ViperROM Synergy will be available as EC05 or will it stay EB13 only?

PlackSlayer

Dec 2, 2008
Oklahoma City
After reading the thread I haven't seen (or I missed it) if this has happened to anyone else.

I completely went stock EB13 - one click rooted - 3x wipe - installed Synergy.

Everything is working great except one thing, the clock in the upper right hand corner of the notification bar only shows me the hour - not the whole time.

Has this happened before and if so is there a fix or am I going to have to reflash.

Thanks again for all you do,
--PS

thedarkness81

Sep 29, 2008
Quad Cities
Contact Pictures

Loving the rom. Its so fast. Great work! Sorry if this was asked and I missed the answer. On the previous ViperRom, the Facebook contact pics synced with the contacts in the address book and when dialing and use in widgets. I can only get them to sync in the address book on this rom. Is there a way to get them to sync everywhere?

hardway43

Jan 13, 2011
After reading the thread I haven't seen (or I missed it) if this has happened to anyone else.

I completely went stock EB13 - one click rooted - 3x wipe - installed Synergy.

Everything is working great except one thing, the clock in the upper right hand corner of the notification bar only shows me the hour - not the whole time.

Has this happened before and if so is there a fix or am I going to have to reflash.

Thanks again for all you do,
--PS

its a known issue. even the screen shots are that way. i don't know about a fix. no one has really complained about it. it should only be that way if your using a 24 hour time format i think.

Reactions: PlackSlayer

tildog

Nov 29, 2010
dolphin

ok i have looked threw the thread and i have tyred uninstalling reinstalling clearing cace both in clockwork as well as just on the application and i still get fc on dolphin i realy need some help eather

1 a sudjestion for a web browser that works well with flash that dose not crash like skyfire that also allows for full webpage few insted of forced mobile site

or

2 a fix that somone has come up with that i have not seen i love viper but i need a good web browser its one of the primarys for my phone

ty for your guys time and apoligize for spelling errors

NeeceeBabe

Jan 15, 2010
California
www.twitter.com
I have been getting some impressive battery life with Synergy. I have been using two free widgets by 3c06 in the Android Market to monitor and eliminate draining apps. Take a look at Battery Monitor Widget and Process Monitor Widget.

The Process Widget will show you the constant CPU calls that stay active even when the phone is idle.

The Battery Widget will give you an estimate on battery life based on installed apps and active history. Right now, it shows a 14-hour discharge estimate under Synergy while I had an 8-hour discharge estimate under Trinity.

Pretty cool...

Oops guess my message didn't send. But OMG this help me so much! I download both, and looking at the processes every hour to see what was running all day. And I nocited that KiK, and Yahoo messenger are blood sucking apps.! lookout is also too! Wonder if there is a substitue! But Now I have great battery life :)

Last edited:
Reactions: photoframd

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
ok i have looked threw the thread and i have tyred uninstalling reinstalling clearing cace both in clockwork as well as just on the application and i still get fc on dolphin i realy need some help eather

1 a sudjestion for a web browser that works well with flash that dose not crash like skyfire that also allows for full webpage few insted of forced mobile site

or

2 a fix that somone has come up with that i have not seen i love viper but i need a good web browser its one of the primarys for my phone

ty for your guys time and apoligize for spelling errors

I have had similar issues. I found some good results with Miren Browser. I am an avid Dolphin HD user but damn, Miren is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rodderik's Corner: (always under construction)

You guys really need to give it up to tphillips. He has spent many hours preparing the next ViperROM incarnation. With out him it would not be what it is now. Be sure to at least thanks button if nothing else!! Great job TP!

The kernel in this version of ViperROM I have made official as 0.4a so any question or curiosities that are kernel related should be directed to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11491730
    First of all, HOLY F YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Ok, I really enjoy the afterlife hell theme. Is it possible to get an update.zip of that them for EB13? Nothing against this theme as I am using it now, im just a big fan of the AL Hell theme.

Better Metal Snake theme - Based on Afterlife Hell theme with some extras added to it. Please read this post, I am not taking credit for the work that went into this theme! Link is on the bottom.

I personally take no credit OR responsibility for what is in this zip file or what it does. The real credit goes to the people listed below. If you see something in the theme I didn't credit someone for, PLEASE let me know and I will credit them. There is no need to flame me or shut down a thread, that would just be a shabby thing to do. I created absolutely nothing in this ZIP file and have tried my best to keep track of where everything came from. The only thing I can take credit for is being able to download and use 7-ZIP to merge components from several themes/ROMs into one flashable zip that hopefully won't brick your phone. The only testing that has been done has been with EB13 based ViperRoms - it may work with others, but somehow I doubt it.

If you like this theme and care to donate, send it to Rodderik, Jstine671, Makipsee or buy a Dethklok album. They did all the actual work. Clicking thanks on one of their posts is always cool too.

BACK UP BEFORE YOU FLASH! It worked on my phone with the latest ViperROM, but you never know...

Credits go to the following:

Jstine671 for the following from the Black Alien Void:

Black Icons for Browser.apk and DialerTabActivity.apk
    Entire Contacts.apk, Settings.apk and Mms.apk
    Touchwiz Lock Screen:
    - Lock Icon
    - Clock
    Framework:
    - Notification Bar
    - Transparent window shade
    - No Signal icon
    - Various popup menu icons and background PNGs
    - Power menu icons

Credit to the Viper team for the following:

Red Swype - Makipsee

Hell Theme components by Rodderik including but not limited to...
    - Battery, Signal and Wifi gauges.
    - USB and ADB icons.
    - Touchwiz framework toggles for Wifi, BT, GPS, etc...
    - Hell theme dialer
    - Theres probably more, but if it came from the Hell theme it came from Rodderik

Nathan, Toki, Skwisgar, Pickles and Murderface:

- Ring Tones, Alarms and Notifications
    - Boot animation/Sound
    - Mass storage screen
    - Wallpaper

The whole Viper team and everyone on IRC (Lili, DG, BT, TP, Meet, Paiyne, Vocal, Semi, Trist, etc...) for putting up with my ****. Sorry if I missed someone, too many to list.

Granix and GranixJR for their words of wisdom.

To be added later if I get some time:
    Themed Market
    Themed Facebook
    AOSP lock from Hell theme
    Clean up the dialer a litte
    SD Card icons to match theme

http://www.hellbent.cc/bms/ViperROM5_BtrMtlSnkTheme_EB13_v1.zip
    lol @ spitting bars/rhyme

i tried the the one that came with the rom. it worked then i turned it off and tried it again and it haven't worked since. i did the hole rebooting thing with no luck. i reload the rom and it worked then the same thing happened. i tried the other wifi tether thats on market and that dosent even work at all.

About the tether problem...
    If you want to use the market version, it's broken due to the fixes to the new tethers that are baked in. I kept addressing this when I had ACS, but everybody's caught up on wanting to use the newest tether (which i hate because it's unstable)

Here's how you can get the market version to work:

download this http://db.tt/PaVnJar

Navigate to /system/lib

Delete the file "libnativetask"
    Paste the file you downloaded above, and hit yes to overwriting the existing file.

This will, of course, break the experimental wifi tether and wired tether, but at least you'll have a stable wireless tether and you can always use easytether for usb tethering ;)

If you want, back up "libnativetask" and "libwtnativetask" before doing anything if you want to revert back to being able to use the newest tether (BTW, those are the two files in the tether fix that's baked in causing this problem)

Id really like to see a viper dev solve this problem of the tether fix breaking the market wifi tether, since the ACS guys weren't paying attention to me.

Maybe a bad download ..........did u try a fresh download of the kernal ............

sent from my 1.3ghz voodoo beast (super epic)
    Does this ROM have journaling enabled. I hate having to do a battery pull for some reason and lose all my data.

I'd imagine journaling is disabled.

Sent From My Evo Killer!

Journaling IS enabled. It has never and will never be disabled on VIPERrom. Yes at one point we claimed it was disabled but due to a goof on my part it never was. And like I said it NEVER will be disabled.