Random lockups, before and after NoDo.

Search This thread

Shyatic

Nov 10, 2010
So yea... my DVP locks up every once in a while, crashes, etc. Is this normal? I'm getting kind of annoyed and ready to do an RMA, but I can't be without a phone (obviously).

Just curious if I'm the only one or not.

pjfan75

Nov 16, 2010
Depends on what you mean by once in a while. Short answer is a rather high percentage of 16GB DVPs have major stability/lockup issues (lots of threads here about it), most 8GB are fine. Supposedly Dell will release a firmware update in the next couple weeks to adress it.

Reactions: Shyatic

Shyatic

Nov 10, 2010
Yea, I have a 16GB so I guess that may be my issue.

Any location for the announcements from Dell on the issue? I'd love to see that update sooner than later.

pjfan75

Nov 16, 2010

Hypernova

Jul 4, 2008
Mine's 8gb and it locked up quite often, up to couple times a day. I started to think about returning..

Saitek009

Jan 16, 2010
Idaho
Since NoDo my DVP has started to lockup randomly too. Before it was just with wifi, but now it seems rather arbitrary. Hopefully the firmware update will bring this one down too.

tbvnz

Mar 8, 2009
Mine was locking up primarily while in marketplace on wifi, then while charging. Now it's locking up while Zune is playing. Funny how it started locking up more after my 30 day refund warranty was up. I'd love to get my money back, but Dell says I can't. Now I'm waiting to see what my attorney general has to say about it.

Shyatic

Nov 10, 2010
It's ironic that when I viewed this link through my phone, it locked up my phone.

*sigh*

Mar 21, 2011
So yea... my DVP locks up every once in a while, crashes, etc. Is this normal? I'm getting kind of annoyed and ready to do an RMA, but I can't be without a phone (obviously).

Just curious if I'm the only one or not.

You are not the only one suffering with the random lockups. It is getting quite irritating with or without the no-do update. I am still randomly getting the lockup while charging but "especially" when using Internet Explorer. From my experience, using the browser seems to be much worse with the no-do update on my phone. I cannot tell you how many times the frozen/lockup situation occurred to me within a 5 minute span. Loading a site, freeze. Opening a tab, freeze. scrolling through a site, freeze. The phone basically works whenever it wants to work. I'm sorry but this is absurd and I hope the new update will solve these issues. If not, many people including myself will be extremely unhappy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depends on what you mean by once in a while. Short answer is a rather high percentage of 16GB DVPs have major stability/lockup issues (lots of threads here about it), most 8GB are fine. Supposedly Dell will release a firmware update in the next couple weeks to adress it.