Samsung Mail, Social Hub and Samsung IM

Search This thread

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Disclaimer: I take no credit for this. I am just posting it here to bring it to the attention of more Galaxy Tab users as I found it in another forum purely by chance and I know some Galaxy Tab users are looking for it. I believe these apps are available and distributed freely by Samsung (correct me if I am mistaken) so there should be no harm in me posting them here :)

You can now finally have the fully functioning Samsung Mail, Social Hub and Samsung IM apps running on your Galaxy Tab. These apps provide seamless integration for virtually any kind of email account (including my company's very tightly guarded Exchange server!). The three apps bring together all your email (all with super-quick push mail) and IM into a unified inbox that is very easy to navigate through and provides very tight integration with the Tab's Contacts and Calendar apps even giving full activity history with your contacts in similar fashion to HTC Sense (though perhaps not as sexy)

You can get more info from the official website here:
http://www.samsungbadaapps.com/bada-news/samsung-social-hub-premium-ultimate-inbox

Untitled.jpg

Install the apps as ordered by filename then reboot for good measure

----

If you are having issues getting it to work you can try the following:

1. Install Seven.apk (attached below)
2. Put UnifiedInbox.apk (attached below) in /system/app/ using the following code:
Code:
adb push UnifiedInbox.apk /system/app/
3. Reboot

This should get it working and you can then update to the latest version using the first two files

The Files
View attachment 574700
View attachment 574701
Seven.apk
UnifiedInbox.apk

Last edited:

hispanico957

Mar 14, 2011
Thank...i install email but when launch it..ask to config account and after an error appear:

Error
Not are seven services availability

????

Thank
Hispa

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
First post updated with something else you can try

Still no luck. Now it just sits spinning with "In progress...." but eventually times out with "Connection Failed" or "Your action took too long to complete and timed out. Please try again."

I was able to run the previous version of Samsung Mail without any trouble. Successfully connected to Exchange Servers without issue. Seems this new version is not going to work for me. Thanks.

Attachments

• SC20110423-081021.jpg
    SC20110423-081021.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 292
  • SC20110423-081140.jpg
    SC20110423-081140.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 297
  • SC20110423-081530.jpg
    SC20110423-081530.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 298
Nov 18, 2006
problems installing

The unified inbox app wont install for some strange reason

Also there are tiow versions of the seven app

the one in this forum seven.apk and one in an other forum com.seven.apk (which is much larger)

I think the seven.apk needs to be installed over the com.seven.apk

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
I did an install of this onto a clean build of teh tab and it works

DO NOT INSTALL THE OTHER FILES ABOVE IT WONT WORK IF YOU DO AND YOU CANT UNINSTALL THEM

http://community.seven.com/files/Z7-rel23-384237-def_seven-preview.apk
What is the version of the app in your post? I'd like to know so I can add it to this post and remove the incorrect one. By the way, I am able to install both sets of the above files without any problem on a clean Tab

e654777

Feb 6, 2008
www.bizbit.com
What's a good app for WLM?

Maybe can try Mercury Messenger or Trillian for Android. Both these apps work prety well; only problem is they are battery drainer. Samsung IM on the other hand pushes so theoritically less battery usage but it doesn't update friends list as often. Problem I faced with this IM is when I logged on to MSN and a friend logged on few minute later, the list is not updated; hence, IM show my friend as not logged on (offline). Mercury or trillian on the other hand updated it almost immediately. Anyway, it could be just me. :)

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
Maybe can try Mercury Messenger or Trillian for Android. Both these apps work prety well; only problem is they are battery drainer. Samsung IM on the other hand pushes so theoritically less battery usage but it doesn't update friends list as often. Problem I faced with this IM is when I logged on to MSN and a friend logged on few minute later, the list is not updated; hence, IM show my friend as not logged on (offline). Mercury or trillian on the other hand updated it almost immediately. Anyway, it could be just me. :)
To be honest I haven't had that lag issue...
One of my favourite features about Samsung IM is that it is real-time push as you said...
The only [strange] thing I've found is that my Favourites group only includes 1 of the 6 people that are actually in the group (I haven't changed this recently so it's not a problem of the update taking time to reflect)

smali26

Mar 24, 2007
Union, NJ
Is there an easy way to push apk files with abd. I searched for a tutorial for how to use it and i can't find one with easy instructions.
I used it when i first got my vibrant but with all of the aio tools i forgot how to manually push the apk.
If anyone have any suggestions kindly let me know. Thanks
cheers

codington

Sep 12, 2009
KunShan, JiangSu, PRC
Is there an easy way to push apk files with abd. I searched for a tutorial for how to use it and i can't find one with easy instructions.
I used it when i first got my vibrant but with all of the aio tools i forgot how to manually push the apk.
If anyone have any suggestions kindly let me know. Thanks
cheers

I found the easiest way to push and pull files (via ADB) is to use Android Commander.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I take no credit for this. I am just posting it here to bring it to the attention of more Galaxy Tab users as I found it in another forum purely by chance and I know some Galaxy Tab users are looking for it. I believe these apps are available and distributed freely by Samsung (correct me if I am mistaken) so there should be no harm in me posting them here :)

You can now finally have the fully functioning Samsung Mail, Social Hub and Samsung IM apps running on your Galaxy Tab. These apps provide seamless integration for virtually any kind of email account (including my company's very tightly guarded Exchange server!). The three apps bring together all your email (all with super-quick push mail) and IM into a unified inbox that is very easy to navigate through and provides very tight integration with the Tab's Contacts and Calendar apps even giving full activity history with your contacts in similar fashion to HTC Sense (though perhaps not as sexy)

You can get more info from the official website here:
    http://www.samsungbadaapps.com/bada-news/samsung-social-hub-premium-ultimate-inbox

Untitled.jpg

Install the apps as ordered by filename then reboot for good measure

----

If you are having issues getting it to work you can try the following:

1. Install Seven.apk (attached below)
    2. Put UnifiedInbox.apk (attached below) in /system/app/ using the following code:
    Code:
    adb push UnifiedInbox.apk /system/app/
    3. Reboot

This should get it working and you can then update to the latest version using the first two files

The Files
    View attachment 574700
    View attachment 574701
    Seven.apk
    UnifiedInbox.apk
    Thank...i install email but when launch it..ask to config account and after an error appear:

Error
    Not are seven services availability

????

Thank
    Hispa
    What does the exact error say?
    Update that works

I did an install of this onto a clean build of teh tab and it works

DO NOT INSTALL THE OTHER FILES ABOVE IT WONT WORK IF YOU DO AND YOU CANT UNINSTALL THEM

http://community.seven.com/files/Z7-rel23-384237-def_seven-preview.apk