I also have a galaxy s II

Search This thread

Staceymobiler

Apr 25, 2011
birmingham
I'm another person luckily enough to be given a galaxy s2 direct from samsung :) anyway i've already done a short review if anyone cares to watch...and i plan on doing a few more videos too!

you can get to my videos at my youtube through my twitter account which is staceymobiler, or you can head to my blogspot which is staceysamsungmobiler.blogspot.com

Any feedback is welcome, i think some of you might have already seen some of us samsung mobilers around before on here anyway!

:)

kreoXDA

Nov 22, 2010
New York
Welcome Stacey!
Yes most of us have already enjoyed your video review.
Thanks for chiming in here, hope you will provide even more useful info and compliment our friend Dom here :)

Reactions: Staceymobiler

Master05

Aug 28, 2008
Hey Stacey, first of all thank you for your review, was quite nice to watch :)

The recording quality was nice, you let us have a look onto the stuff that comes out of the box with our beloved SGSII. You elaborated on the hardware specs as well as software (OS/Hubs). Then you told us about the battery life which sounds very promising :)

Staceymobiler

Apr 25, 2011
birmingham
ahh yes Dom! he's a great guy! we're both loving our new phones! But yes, any questions don't hesitate to send them my way and i'll do my best to help! :)

silverwolf0

Apr 10, 2007
What are your biggest negatives about the phone? If you say mean things, will Samsung take the phone away?

mosd

Oct 14, 2010
Is it the last version or do you have the demo version?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Staceymobiler

Apr 25, 2011
birmingham
i'm no imposter, Dom probably did post my video, we went to visit Samsung HQ in south korea together at the end of last year :) erm biggest negatives on the phone....as of yet i havent found any...don't think samsung would take the phone away, they're open to constructive criticism

kreoXDA

Nov 22, 2010
New York
Who is going to be the first Mob!ler to upload a video of gorilla glass test? ;)

Stacey - if you do it, just do not use your rings or earrings with diamonds, they cut GG like butter.

Staceymobiler

Apr 25, 2011
birmingham
i'll give you an answer tomorrow...i left my sennheiser ones at work :p

as for a gorilla glass test...i might leave that to Dom...he has a bigger earing collection than me! ;) jk

atomikpt

Oct 20, 2007
Porto
Hi stacey.

Does it come with the Samsung package any cable to connect to the TV? Like HDMI?

Does it refer anything on specification of having NFC?

Can you know if there are any available to buy? at what cost?

I would really wanna know that before buying. Sorry so many questions.

Regards.

EleCtrOx666

Aug 6, 2009

Staceymobiler

Apr 25, 2011
birmingham
Hi stacey.

Does it come with the Samsung package any cable to connect to the TV? Like HDMI?

Does it refer anything on specification of having NFC?

Can you know if there are any available to buy? at what cost?

I would really wanna know that before buying. Sorry so many questions.

Regards.

In the box i received it only had the usb cable, however i do believe hdmi cables will be available to buy.

The model i have doesnt have nfc, i believe that will only be an option in some specific markets...or if the phone comes with the hardware (rf arial) it will be enabled in software at a later update.

Currently the new sgs2 is available for pre order, however i would check with your local vendor for network availability and specific release dates. In the UK the sgs2 is currently retailing for around £500 sim free

Hope this helps!

erahk64

Oct 17, 2010
Stockholm
Hi Stacey.

I have a question.

Have you tried transferring movie files bigger than 4 GB to the internal memory
and SD card and checked if it’s possible to play the video?
It’s probably the same limit for the internal memory and SD card.
There has been discussions in forums that the max file size is 4GB.

You probably need to copy/rip a bluray movie to get a video file bigger than 4 GB.

EDIT:

Could you also test this with USB memory/stick containing the video file and connected to micro USB if possible ?
SGS2 is supposed to have USB On-The-Go.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm another person luckily enough to be given a galaxy s2 direct from samsung :) anyway i've already done a short review if anyone cares to watch...and i plan on doing a few more videos too!

you can get to my videos at my youtube through my twitter account which is staceymobiler, or you can head to my blogspot which is staceysamsungmobiler.blogspot.com

Any feedback is welcome, i think some of you might have already seen some of us samsung mobilers around before on here anyway!

:)
    hmm already 3 pages, and she barely can interrupt our blubber

STACEY!!!!!!!
    We have all forgotten to ask you and Dom for video performance test with the infamous "Killa Sampla" test some good soul brought up here a number of days ago.

Can you please download this MKV sample , put it on your SGS2 and film how SGS2 plays it back? We want to see if it is smooth enough and not jerky.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1D4BX1U9&setlang=en

Please be careful not to get spam/spy/viruses from this site though

Alternative location of a slightly different version of this file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/82525583/killa.sampla.x264.mkv

thanks

no problem, i'll get on it now! :)
    ok stacy plz be the first to make a vedio demo of the screen in direct sunlight, coz my samsung omnia hd's amoled display sucks as compared to my n8's amoled in direct sunlight. i wish s2 rocks in direct sunlight. and plz use a good vedio camera, :D

as soon as the weather allows i will do a video of the screen in direct sunlight :p
    Welcome Stacey!
    Yes most of us have already enjoyed your video review.
    Thanks for chiming in here, hope you will provide even more useful info and compliment our friend Dom here :)
    ok guys, i'll play ball! :) i'm just uploading it to my channel now :)