[Q] android noob

Search This thread

Mcpaddy

Apr 3, 2011
BROUGH
Having taken the plunge for my first android phone namely the SE X10 on a standard rom and already rooted it, I'm just wondering if any of you would like to give me some tips on what to do next with this phone having being a wm 6.1 user for many years I'm at a bit of a loss with this one I've never used linux or any of the derivatives of that software which I'm lead to believe android is based, so pretty much clueless with this one kind regards Mcpaddy.

Sorry forgot to mention it has android 2.1 update 1 installed on it and its the X10I regards Mcpaddy.

Last edited:

telmoabff

Aug 14, 2010
Recife, PE
plus.google.com
Having taken the plunge for my first android phone namely the SE X10 on a standard rom and already rooted it, I'm just wondering if any of you would like to give me some tips on what to do next with this phone having being a wm 6.1 user for many years I'm at a bit of a loss with this one I've never used linux or any of the derivatives of that software which I'm lead to believe android is based, so pretty much clueless with this one kind regards Mcpaddy.

Sorry forgot to mention it has android 2.1 update 1 installed on it and its the X10I regards Mcpaddy.

Good places to start:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=989129

and

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&pagename=SonyEricssonXperiaX10

Reactions: Mcpaddy

Evernothing

Mar 28, 2011
Calgary
Basically you need to decide whether you want to go with a totally custom ROM, or modify the SE 2.1 ROM.

If you go total custom there are some guides to do it as telmoabff linked above.

I chose to just mod the 2.1 SE ROM and there are many different options you can go with, also many guides which will help you out.

You can get some very good customization / performance out of the 2.1 SE ROM...however, to get the absolute best performance / totally custom you will have to go with one of the user developed ROMs.

(Since I am kind-of new to this as well someone please correct me if I am wrong.)

Asa2303

Mar 9, 2011
I would root, install xrecovery and then z's freex10 b4 froyo rom as its the simplest and most stable rom i have tried. Once you have it running good then make a backup and try out any of the roms that float your boat, you can always just restore back to z's rom if things go wrong. Very hard to break the x10 have put mine in bootloop bout 6 times trying out the cool stuff on here but always been able to fix it!

Just my opinion tho :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

CMoney87

Jan 23, 2011
FreeX10 is the base for which all of the X10 Froyo ROMs are built, if you want something that has more tweaks and features Wolfbreak's CyanogenMod 6.1.3 ROM is a good one with a lot of support and features. Id go custom if I were you mainly because of the fact that 2.1 doesnt support Flash or app2sd which are 2 features that really make android great.

Sent From My *Super Fly X10*

If I (or anyone for that matter!) help you, dont be afraid to press THANKS!

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Or you can use freex10 and simply flash cyanogen settings via xrecovery :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

zhoustanley

May 4, 2010
If you want to stick with stock you should sysctl and jit along with few build.prop mods. Just search the forums. I would recommend the Z's freex10 rom for speed and stability. Tripmiui rom for something different.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

Mcpaddy

Apr 3, 2011
BROUGH
Sorry all was expecting an email to tell me if anyone had replied to my post I apologise for seeming ignorant thank you all for your suggestions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good places to start:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=989129

and

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&pagename=SonyEricssonXperiaX10
    Basically you need to decide whether you want to go with a totally custom ROM, or modify the SE 2.1 ROM.

If you go total custom there are some guides to do it as telmoabff linked above.

I chose to just mod the 2.1 SE ROM and there are many different options you can go with, also many guides which will help you out.

You can get some very good customization / performance out of the 2.1 SE ROM...however, to get the absolute best performance / totally custom you will have to go with one of the user developed ROMs.

(Since I am kind-of new to this as well someone please correct me if I am wrong.)
    I would root, install xrecovery and then z's freex10 b4 froyo rom as its the simplest and most stable rom i have tried. Once you have it running good then make a backup and try out any of the roms that float your boat, you can always just restore back to z's rom if things go wrong. Very hard to break the x10 have put mine in bootloop bout 6 times trying out the cool stuff on here but always been able to fix it!

Just my opinion tho :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
    FreeX10 is the base for which all of the X10 Froyo ROMs are built, if you want something that has more tweaks and features Wolfbreak's CyanogenMod 6.1.3 ROM is a good one with a lot of support and features. Id go custom if I were you mainly because of the fact that 2.1 doesnt support Flash or app2sd which are 2 features that really make android great.

Sent From My *Super Fly X10*

If I (or anyone for that matter!) help you, dont be afraid to press THANKS!
    Or you can use freex10 and simply flash cyanogen settings via xrecovery :)

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App