**WORKING** [APP] HTC Sense 3.0 Lockscreen on some Ginger ROM's

Search This thread

GODZSON

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 2, 2007
Boynton Beach
Hello all,
This works on Virus Ginger Rom.. not tested on other Ginger's yet.. Thx to ChubbzLou, Lyrcal and myself :p for testing.
Just apply apk as a normal apk install it'll update lockscreen No need to flash in a update.zip
HTC Lockscreen (Sense 3.0) attached from Doubleshot dump thx to 911Sniper, *Captain Throwback* for posting in thread and Everyone helping to port.
*Shortcuts are not working yet on this apk*

To install if not showing after installation (Some Ginger Roms):
Go to Settings, Display and select Stock Android Lockscreen (depends on rom) then install HTCLockscreen.apk which is attached below (it'll update previous lockscreen). Once completed go back to and deselect, new lockscreen should be working now. Always Backup.

** Don't think it'll install on non gingerbread or aosp (haven't tried) Works by just installing as well on some Ginger Roms, some will also need to restart to see it function.**

** You can also install by using Root Explorer and copying over the old htclockscreen.apk file then just reboot. May not work with all roms.**

Check Sensation/Doubleshot Port for updates http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035350
The shortcuts for Lockscreen are being checked, they don't work yet. Music Widget, and Alarm work.. Caller ID photo not showing up- ENJOY!!!!!

Please inform what ROM's it works on when posting so everyone can use, and I will continue to post list of working rom's below.

Sense 2.1 Based and Ginger Roms
Working Roms Lineup:
Virus Ginger B2
Virus GingerSense Rev
Virus Desire B1
MikG Sense 2.1RC1
Mik RC1
Mik Z Port
Android 2.3.3 InsertCoin Sense 2.1 HTC Desire ROM

Attachments

• HtcLockScreen.apk
    960 KB · Views: 37,537
  • snap20110428_061300.jpg
    snap20110428_061300.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6,093
  • snap20110428_061251.jpg
    snap20110428_061251.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6,907
Last edited:

debarron

Mar 1, 2008
This is the HTC lockscreen so I'm sure it's not going to work on AOSP ROMs since there's probably dependencies in the HTC framework. And it's probably not going to work on the leaked GB Evo ROM either since it's the old Sense 1.0. This probably needs at least Gingerbread Sense 2.1 to work. It's working fine for me on MikG 2.1 on the exception of the shortcuts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dormantlemon

Nov 9, 2009
Ill just point out, if your using any cm rom this will not work. Guarunteed. Sense I guess will vary by phone as to whether it works.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

monkeychef

Jul 21, 2010
NJ
How bout myn 2.2? Idk what version of sense it has.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,
    This works on Virus Ginger Rom.. not tested on other Ginger's yet.. Thx to ChubbzLou, Lyrcal and myself :p for testing.
    Just apply apk as a normal apk install it'll update lockscreen No need to flash in a update.zip
    HTC Lockscreen (Sense 3.0) attached from Doubleshot dump thx to 911Sniper, *Captain Throwback* for posting in thread and Everyone helping to port.
    *Shortcuts are not working yet on this apk*

To install if not showing after installation (Some Ginger Roms):
    Go to Settings, Display and select Stock Android Lockscreen (depends on rom) then install HTCLockscreen.apk which is attached below (it'll update previous lockscreen). Once completed go back to and deselect, new lockscreen should be working now. Always Backup.

** Don't think it'll install on non gingerbread or aosp (haven't tried) Works by just installing as well on some Ginger Roms, some will also need to restart to see it function.**

** You can also install by using Root Explorer and copying over the old htclockscreen.apk file then just reboot. May not work with all roms.**

Check Sensation/Doubleshot Port for updates http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035350
    The shortcuts for Lockscreen are being checked, they don't work yet. Music Widget, and Alarm work.. Caller ID photo not showing up- ENJOY!!!!!

Please inform what ROM's it works on when posting so everyone can use, and I will continue to post list of working rom's below.

Sense 2.1 Based and Ginger Roms
    Working Roms Lineup:
    Virus Ginger B2
    Virus GingerSense Rev
    Virus Desire B1
    MikG Sense 2.1RC1
    Mik RC1
    Mik Z Port
    Android 2.3.3 InsertCoin Sense 2.1 HTC Desire ROM

I like it. It works on MikG sense 2.1 ROM. Thanks.....

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    how do you apply apk as aupdate?

Install it like a normal apk and if you have htclockscreen.apk as a system app it'll update it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Works on MikG Sense 2.1

Thanks

Sent from my EVO using XDA App
    Unless someone has some sort of special install technique (tried regular install, root explorer/change permissions, su terminal emulator, and adb - all with and without reboots/cache wipes/ROM manager fix permissions in between) I confirm others' experiences that this does not work on Mik Froyo 4.6x - and really, it shouldn't. Nothing about Mik's Froyo ROM would suggest any kind of framework compatibility with this.
    Cant recall but verified that it doesn't work.. updated list.. Thx

can someone please post a step by step way to install this? im not understanding how to install an apk
    As per 1st post follow directions, HTCLockscreen.apk is what I was referring to which you install just like any game/application/etc.. it'll ask if you want to update and select yes.. complete steps in original post (OP).. If it still does not work it may be the rom you are using and you may need to use one of the roms listed in OP.. or hopefully the dev of the rom will implement it in their rom, you can ask them :)

Thx to everyone for the props, just click thx button in OP... Enjoy, hopefully it'll get mod'ed to work on all devices.