hdmi mirroring to tv not showing full status bar!

Search This thread

speedbreaker

Jun 24, 2007
does anyone have a fix for the hdmi mirroring being abit off? my status bar only shows half way when i hook it up to my tv. any suggestions on how to fix this? its really annoying me!

Reactions: bgolden84

jrfaulkin

Nov 14, 2006
Houston, TX
OnePlus 7 Pro
I think you have to fix that on your television. It's the same on mine and I believe it is just overscan. My TV has 5% overscan and that is just enough to cut off the top and bottom of the phone's screen.

RichieRichNYC

Aug 24, 2009
Just go to your tv setting and look for something called dot to dot or fit screen, p.mode each tv is a little different, but they all do the same thing. You might even be able to find a button on your tv remote too.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
What type of TV do you have? That is the important question. My dad has a DLP projection and overscan is something he's been battling for a long time. Not much you can do if the TV is overscanning everything.

With the stock rom, you could try to change the resolution (420, 720, 1080, etc). Sometimes this can help with overscan. We found that at lower resolutions, the overscan wasn't as bad.

With his TV, we ended up using a S-Video Cable to get rid of the overscan, which isn't an option here (HDMI is digital so 1-1 output, where S-Video is analog).

momentarylapseofreason

Apr 29, 2007
Chicago
What type of TV do you have? That is the important question. My dad has a DLP projection and overscan is something he's been battling for a long time. Not much you can do if the TV is overscanning everything.

With the stock rom, you could try to change the resolution (420, 720, 1080, etc). Sometimes this can help with overscan. We found that at lower resolutions, the overscan wasn't as bad.

With his TV, we ended up using a S-Video Cable to get rid of the overscan, which isn't an option here (HDMI is digital so 1-1 output, where S-Video is analog).

S-Video? Eeek.. I would accept the overscan over standard definition any day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does anyone have a fix for the hdmi mirroring being abit off? my status bar only shows half way when i hook it up to my tv. any suggestions on how to fix this? its really annoying me!