Should I buy?

Search This thread

jazux

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
Hi all, my name is jazux and I'm thinking of buying archos 70 IT. Now I got few questions :p 1. Is there android 2.3 uptade for A70IT? 2. Can this tablet dualboot (like hd2 can)? 3. When you play games like angry birds, raging thunder 2 and Dillo hills does it lag even a little bit? 4. Does the device break easily? 5. Is a70IT going to get any more android uptades? 6. How do you flash ROMs on this tablet? Odin, uptade.zip 7. Should I by a70 or a101? Thanx in advance :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

ArchosRocker

Mar 9, 2011
1. Is there android 2.3 uptade for A70IT?
2. Can this tablet dualboot (like hd2 can)?
3. When you play games like angry birds, raging thunder 2 and Dillo hills does it lag even a little bit?
4. Does the device break easily?
5. Is a70IT going to get any more android uptades?
6. How do you flash ROMs on this tablet? Odin, uptade.zip
7. Should I by a70 or a101? Thanx in advance :)

1. Yes
2. Sry I don't know
3. No, just if in the background are many other programms
4. Normally not
5. Yes
6. Sry, I don't know
7. In my oppinion you should buy the a101 it's better :)

If i could help yiu dont forget the thanks button ;-)

Reactions: minterbartolo

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
N
1. Yes
2. Sry I don't know
4. Normally not
5. Yes
6. Sry, I don't know

Ok so when you say there will be future android uptades is this going to get 2.4, 3.0 or 2.3.3 uptade and where is this information from? Also why is 101 better? I fought they had identical specs (except screen)

Oh and this tablet has dedicated GPU?

Btw, can't thank you because I'm on my phone :p

ArchosRocker

Mar 9, 2011
Ok so when you say there will be future android uptades is this going to get 2.4, 3.0 or 2.3.3 uptade and where is this information from?

I found a thread on Archosfans.com ,if you are not sure ... google is your best friend :)

Also why is 101 better? I thought they had identical specs (except screen)
There are not much differences with A70 and A101, but the A101 has more fixes than the A70 (i think i rode) because its a "newer" version off the A70.

Oh and this tablet has dedicated GPU?

I don't really know but u can ask my friend @Lennb he will give u an good answer i think ^.^

Btw, can't thank you because I'm on my phone :p
Me too :D

Lenn

Jan 14, 2011
Lippstadt
I found a thread on Archosfans.com ,if you are not sure ... google is your best friend :)
This is just a rumors thread;) Offical there won't be updates to Android Versione over 2.2.
But i think there will be urukdroid versions with 2.4 or 3.1:) And maybe we're getting cyanogen to run (search here on xda)
There are not much differences with A70 and A101, but the A101 has more fixes than the A70 (i think i rode) because its a "newer" version off the A70.
Nope, wrong information:D Its completly the same (except of screen and full-size usb host)
I don't really know but u can ask my friend @Lennb he will give u an good answer i think ^.^
Here i am:D
To Gpu:
Its not the best but not bad!;) I play this games: Shift/GunBros/Settlers HD without any lags:)

You can look at my Poll thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1042249
Peoples wrote here why they bought an Archos Tablet.

This should help you;)
You can post you questions to me here, but i'll response them at first on sunday, i go away over weekend;)

ytwokc5

Jun 11, 2010
I purchased and Archos 7 for my son this past Christmas and I really considered it a great purchase until.... We bought a Nook Color a couple of months ago. Much larger developer support network. Cyanogen 7 runs great on the Nook Color. Nook Color feels more substantially constructed than the Archos. Cost is almost identical, we picked ours up for $200 from the BN EBay store when they had a big push a couple of months ago.

madsquabbles

Jan 31, 2009
i'd suggest getting a nook color instead. it's sturdier, better screen and cheaper. lots of active dev going on with it too.

the archos shines in the multimedia playback dpt though. it'll play all kinds of files and has very good sound quality. however, it's screen isn't very good - the 101 is even worse, almost as bad as the gtablet's screen.

the 70 i had and the 101 i have lock up a lot when doing more than 1 thing or trying to do things too fast, like multitab browsing. the 256MB of RAM limits your performance. the nook has 512.

so it all depends on what you want. a 7" tablet, go for the nook color (or galaxy tab wifi - it's hardware is the same as the nook's, the 3g has better hardware). for a multimedia powerhouse, the archos is better; the galaxy tab is almost as good.

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
I want to use my tablet mostly for gaming, i mean like games that requires high end devices and music and a little movies maybe, but nook has only 800mzh cpu... so is it good to play games?

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
And if i decide to buy archos i will make my own custom ROM based on android 2.2 ;) would people like that or does everyone use urukdroid?

Leviuqse

Mar 26, 2010
I just sold my archos 101, I highly reccommend you to not get the archos..altough games were "payable" it had some issues and lags

get a honeycomb tablet, the most inexpensive (and hard to find) is the asus transformer..which is only US $400

ArchosRocker

Mar 9, 2011
I use urukdroid atm because its the best and i test things with lenn for $auron , but if honeycomb for android is coming i take it then (i think) ;-)

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
This was a very good tablet for its price 6 months ago. It is now still good, but if you can get the transformer with Honeycomb with only 100 $ more... just do it. :p

In any case I have a very good experience with the 101. It does sometimes have some lag, but I wouldn't say that the device is overall slow, it's just OK. Raging Thunder is perfect. Most games I have tried also run smooth (except Fruit Ninja which lags), but I don't really use many resource hungry games.

Having more ROMs developed is always good in any case. :)

Let me repeat it: the 101 is indeed a good tablet, whith lots of interesting features (full size USB, HDMI, and the kickstand!!!!), but getting a for 100 $ more is probably worth the price difference (unless I am missing some lacks of the transformer).

Be careful that the build quality of the 101 is also not fantastic. It's not really bad and I have no problems at all with mine, but it's mostly made up with plastic, not metal, I am quite sure that it would break if it fell even from relatively low heights. The screen also breaks easily, using a hard case is recommended. Also, the viewing angles of the screen are quite bad, but you will get used to this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Is there android 2.3 uptade for A70IT?
    2. Can this tablet dualboot (like hd2 can)?
    3. When you play games like angry birds, raging thunder 2 and Dillo hills does it lag even a little bit?
    4. Does the device break easily?
    5. Is a70IT going to get any more android uptades?
    6. How do you flash ROMs on this tablet? Odin, uptade.zip
    7. Should I by a70 or a101? Thanx in advance :)

1. Yes
    2. Sry I don't know
    4. Normally not
    5. Yes
    6. Sry, I don't know