Camera Bug in ROM Nessy #Hypnos & OpenOptimus

Search This thread

axyman

May 16, 2011
Veracruz
hello, just installed this ROM and everything was fine, but want to use the camera found a bug, there is a continuous flashing, as if on and off the night mode, I hope you can correct, everything else is fine.
Greetings!

Last edited:

sopaipilla

Feb 7, 2011
santiago, chile
hello, just installed this ROM and everything was fine, but want to use the camera found a bug, there is a continuous flashing, as if on and off the night mode, I hope you can correct, everything else is fine.
Greetings!

estoy usando esta rom desde que aparecio y nunca he notado ese bug. La camara funciona perfecto para mi.

I'm using this rom since it appeared and I've never noticed this bug. The camera works great for me.

Reactions: axyman

axyman

May 16, 2011
Veracruz
sera?

mmm... no se si sea un caso aislado, es como el bug con los botones de volumen al reproducir multimedia o juegos, en mi caso no se presenta en absoluto.

Probare con una ROM diferente, estoy penzando en Open Optimus, y si el bug persiste entonces sera problema de hardware.

Gracias por aportar tu experiencia :)

mmm ... if it is not an isolated case, is like the bug with the volume buttons when playing games or multimedia, in my case does not appear at all.

Proves another ROM, perhaps Open Optimus, and if the bug persists then be hardware problem.

Thank you for bringing your experience :)

sopaipilla

Feb 7, 2011
santiago, chile
prueba con reinstalar, se que es un poco tedioso pero respalda solos las apps con el titanium backup, luego en el menu recovery haz "wipe" de todos los datos, monta la sd y borra la carpeta android y data.

Ahora procede con flashear el zip con el rom y de esa forma no deberia aparecer el problema de la camara.

Pd: no he podido conseguir que el bug aparezca en mi p500, espero que con grabar de nuevo se solucione.

Pd2: lo de los botones de volumen mientras el telefono esta en landscape es un bug en froyo

masteryx

Jan 5, 2011
Bucharest
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
This happens once in while on my phone too - also using Nessy #Hypnos. I think it's related to some changes operated in the kernel, because this behaviour was seen in some of the kernel versions of franciscofranco; DookMatt borrowed some of the improvements in his own kernel, along with this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed when Dook gets his phone back from servicing, if he decides to resume developing for our community.

axyman

May 16, 2011
Veracruz
This happens once in while on my phone too - also using Nessy #Hypnos. I think it's related to some changes operated in the kernel... Hopefully it will be fixed when Dook gets his phone back from servicing, if he decides to resume developing for our community.

I hope that Dook come back soon, Hypnos is very quick and smooth, I liked a lot, but still gives me the camera bug, and it happens even without touching the volume buttons, just flashes constantly.

I reinstalled and still the same problem, as you say could be a problem with the kernel.

I probe Hypnos & OpenOptimus (francokernel 13.1) and both give me the bug.

Devoid Franco (francokernel 13.1) and Lol 1.4.2 no problems, but I like Lol because I felt it more fluid.

Thanks for the help!

It's a shame not being able to express this in the corresponding post but apparently I have no authorization :(

Note: maybe could influence the launcher or the same Rom, probe OpenOptimus (francokernel 13.1) and gave me the camera bug, but Devoid Franco (francokernel 13.1) did not give me the bug.

..............................................................................................................................................

Espero que Dook vuelva pronto, Hypnos es muy rápido y suave, me gustó mucho, pero todavía me da el error de la cámara, y ocurre incluso sin tocar los botones de volumen, sólo parpadea constantemente.

He reinstalado y sigue siendo el mismo problema, como lo comentas puede haber un problema con el kernel.

Probe Hypnos y OpenOptimus (francokernel 13.1) y ambos me dan el error.

DevoidFranco (francokernel 13.1) y Lol 1.4.2 ningún problema, pero me gusta Lol porque se siente más fluido.

Gracias por la ayuda!

Es una pena no poder expresar esto en el post correspondiente, pero al parecer no tengo autorización :(

Nota: es posible que pudiera influir el launcher o el mismo Rom, probe OpenOptimus (francokernel 13.1) y me dio el bug de la cámara, pero DevoidFranco (francokernel 13.1) NO me lo dio.

Last edited:

masteryx

Jan 5, 2011
Bucharest
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
There could be many factors that trigger this bug. For me, it stopped happening in the last 2 days and the camera worked ok... so it's hard to tell what combination of factors could be to blame. That's why I wrote in my previous post that it happened to me "once in a while". I only wanted to confirm the bug's presence in Nessy #Hypnos2, but whoever is reading this thread should be aware that it's not permanent and some other people are not experiencing this bug at all.

nogav

Apr 22, 2011
I have the flashing/flickering when I'm overclocked, on stock speeds it works fine.

On mik's CM7 using his 6.5 version.

axyman

May 16, 2011
Veracruz
Mmm... overclock, eso podría ser... pero porque el mismo kernel funciona y no, en distintos rom? (Francokernel)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

masteryx

Jan 5, 2011
Bucharest
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Mmm... overclock, eso podría ser... pero porque el mismo kernel funciona y no, en distintos rom? (Francokernel)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

axyman, even though some of us understand Spanish directly and others simply can use Google Translate to make sense of what you said, I have to remind you that on public boards English is mandatory.

Concerning your question, I have no answer since I am not a developer. Only the devs know what they changed that could reflect in the camera's behavior.

AngryWolf80

Jan 6, 2011
Flicker in camera appears in bright light and with overclocked CPU. In any kernels (tried a few, all have same bug). Bad bug, but can be much worse :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings!

estoy usando esta rom desde que aparecio y nunca he notado ese bug. La camara funciona perfecto para mi.

I'm using this rom since it appeared and I've never noticed this bug. The camera works great for me.
    prueba con reinstalar, se que es un poco tedioso pero respalda solos las apps con el titanium backup, luego en el menu recovery haz "wipe" de todos los datos, monta la sd y borra la carpeta android y data.

Ahora procede con flashear el zip con el rom y de esa forma no deberia aparecer el problema de la camara.

Pd: no he podido conseguir que el bug aparezca en mi p500, espero que con grabar de nuevo se solucione.

Pd2: lo de los botones de volumen mientras el telefono esta en landscape es un bug en froyo
    This happens once in while on my phone too - also using Nessy #Hypnos. I think it's related to some changes operated in the kernel, because this behaviour was seen in some of the kernel versions of franciscofranco; DookMatt borrowed some of the improvements in his own kernel, along with this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed when Dook gets his phone back from servicing, if he decides to resume developing for our community.