NETFLIX DISABLES DEVICE CHECK!!!! - [HowTo] Get Netflix working on Nook Color

Search This thread

interessant

Jun 27, 2008
netflix in canada for nook color

For those of you with a canadian account or residing in canada -- netflix did not work with the Nexus S and samsung setting once the nook was carried over the border; but it has been tested and working with Milestone and motorola settings for model and manufacturer.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
CM7, in Canada - I'm using the hacked APK without device check from xda without any changes to build.prop. Works great on the NC. Does not work on Nexus One in Canada.

I strongly suggest this over modifying the system files, as you don't want to screw other things up.

Sent from my Nook Color!

MNMichael

Jan 27, 2011
I used the mod2 apk file that does not version check and fixes the crash after logon problem and it works fine without changing the build.prop. My device is a 'NookColor'

RussianMenace

Oct 13, 2010
Has anyone else had their netflix stop streaming and randomly go back to the queue?

I was trying to run down my battery by playing netflix at 925/performance full brightness, when I noticed that the playback would randomly stop and it goes back the instant queue. Never happens in the same place, first time it happened less than five minutes into the movie, then again 10-15 min, them almost an hour into the movie.

EverythingNook

Mar 14, 2011
im using the netflix app on n80 and it freezes after i open it, ive uninstalled and reinstalled it ive cleared the cache too, any help?

sangahm

Feb 24, 2008
I used the mod2 apk file that does not version check and fixes the crash after logon problem and it works fine without changing the build.prop. My device is a 'NookColor'

I tried that but the netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk played the movies at fast forward speed with chipmunks. I did the changes in the build.prop file using Root Explorer and now everything's fine with stock 1.2 and MN 4.5.16.

A

ace7196

Since people aren't looking through the Netflix App thread for the HowTos that I and other people are posting here is my HowTo.

HowTo guide for those that don't understand what build.prop is.

Android 2.3 ROMs(CM7 Stable, Phiremod, ect...)
ro.product.model=Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

CM7 nightlys + Android 2.2 ROMs(Stock, Froyo, ect...)
ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Just make sure you backup your build.prop file before editing just in case you need to switch back.(Copy it somewhere and rename it build.prop.bak)

For Newbs:
-Remount /system as RW using Root Explorer (Open Folder then press button at the Top)
-Backup the /system/build.prop to /system/build.prop.bak (In Root Explorer just Copy it and Paste in the same place)
-Edit the file /system/build.prop with a text editor (Hold down in Root Explorer for Popup then tap "Open in Text Editor" )
-Replace each line with it's above replacements
-Make sure there are no extra spaces at the ends of lines as that can cause problems
-Save the file
-Hard Reboot

TaDa! Netflix Works!

macrossmerrell

Feb 12, 2008
Idaho Falls
Netflix installed from the "netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk" worked perfectly on my rooted NookColor running Phiremod 7.2. I haven't used it for more than a few minutes but it was speedy and smooth!

THANK YOU!!!!

Merrell

simonduz

Oct 29, 2007
Parse Error trying to install .apk file?

I was trying to get Netflix installed on my AutoNooted Nook Color.
I edited my build.prop file and downloaded the .apk file and every time I try and install it I get a parse error.
I tried direct download to my SD and copy to system/app.
I tried download to my laptop and copy to the nook.
I tried the dropbox method.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

colekane

Feb 23, 2011
Having troubles getting Netflix to run on my nook color. I have two sd cards both running cm7.0.3-encore. I got netflix up and running last night no problems (edited build.prop etc...) Tried to get it going on diff sd card and I get a white screen with;
Fault Name: OutboundFailure
Error Type: Default
Description: Target Response Error
Service: Pass_Through_Target
Operation (Target): pass_through_target

If I do not get this screen it will take me to the login screen, but it will not sign in it just times out.

Tried the sd card that had it working last night and it is now doing the same. Only thing I did different on this since running working netflix was install the modified flash10.3 to get hulu working. I have tried uninstalling that but still get same results.

Anyone had this happen or know a solution?

jcford25

Apr 13, 2011
Having troubles getting Netflix to run on my nook color. I have two sd cards both running cm7.0.3-encore. I got netflix up and running last night no problems (edited build.prop etc...) Tried to get it going on diff sd card and I get a white screen with;
Fault Name: OutboundFailure
Error Type: Default
Description: Target Response Error
Service: Pass_Through_Target
Operation (Target): pass_through_target

If I do not get this screen it will take me to the login screen, but it will not sign in it just times out.

Tried the sd card that had it working last night and it is now doing the same. Only thing I did different on this since running working netflix was install the modified flash10.3 to get hulu working. I have tried uninstalling that but still get same results.

Anyone had this happen or know a solution?
I'm not sure if this was just something random going on last night. I was experiencing the same problem but around 10:00 pm PDT I was able to log in with no problem. So far today everything appears to be fine so you might want to try again before you go off the deep end and re-flash which is what I almost did :)

colekane

Feb 23, 2011
Must have been something up with Netflix, you were right! It is up and going with no problems today, Thanks!

seakintruth

Mar 3, 2011
New Netflix on NC info

The following are quotes on available APKs, followed by all text of the nook related responses to the thread over at APP Official Netflix (new device check disabled)

View attachment 595154 is the virgin store apk

View attachment 595398 has device check disabled thanks to ften

View attachment 595808 For those with a crash after login thanks to ften

I can browse my queue, no stream with mod-2
Phone Model:Epic 4G
Rom:Bonsai 4.0.1
Version:2.2
Additional Mods:none

If everyone would be so kind to add this to their posts

Phone Model:
Rom:
Version:
Additional Mods:

Please hit Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Ok Here are 4 new Netflix Mod Files;
Netflix-Mod-1
Netflix-Mod-3
Netflix-Mod-4
Netflix-Mod-5

What Changed;
I hard coded each one to the corresponding device lib, which may help with the weird streaming issues. I'd suggest you try 3 and 5 first and if those don't help try 1 and 4.

Why Would you use this over Netflix Mod 2 or the original mod?
One of these Netflix apk files could probably solve the chipmunk effect or other weird streaming issue.

If you weren't streaming before, none of these will help you, stick with Netflix Mod 2.
If you were streaming fine before stick with what ever previous version was working.

If one of these does fix the chipmunk issue, please post up which apk so others don't have to test them all.

Thanks

=============================================================================
BitingChaos 13th May 2011, 04:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReTweet this post # 67 Changing "ro.product.model" got Netflix to load on my Nook Color and old G1.
Thanks Meter 2
===============================================================================
dante486 14th May 2011 02:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The device check disabled version works a treat!

Phone Model:Archos 101
Rom:Stock 2.3.26
Version:2.2

Same version also works great on the wife's Nook Color
Phone Model:B&N Nook Color
Rom:Cyanogen Mod 7
Version:2.3?
==================================================================================
miguelfronteras 14th May 2011 04:29 PM
works great on color nook

Phone Model:color nook
Rom: cyanogen
Version: 7.0.3
Additional Mods:Netflix API with devicecheck disabled

Thanks!
==================================================================================
nitroxeno 14th May 2011 07:24 PM
I ran a WinDiff compare of the referenced files and can confirm there is nothing hidden... you guys need to

stop being so paranoid...

ften - Would it be possible to create a third apk that hard codes the app into thinking you have an HTC

PC36100 (Evo 4G)? I think that will fix the "chipmunk" issue many are having as im able to recreate the

problem if I modify my build.prop on my nook to be a Nexus... where as the PC36100 build.prop works fine on my

nook. Thanks for your work man!
timobriggs 15th May 2011 04:56 PM
Works on Nook Color!
steelerfan75 15th May 2011 06:22 PM
didn't work for me i just got the message to make sure your devices date and time was correct.

Phone Model:Nook Color
Rom: phiremod nook v6.2
Version:2..3.3
fungi12 15th May 2011 07:16 PM
If you have sound but no picture, close the app and go to app management and clear the cache and try again. It

seemed to fix it for me multiple times on my NC.

As for my Captivate I am able to get logged in and to loading screen but then receive the 1005 error

everytime. This is using the netflix-mod-2. My NC manual rooted on 1.2 works great after just changing my

build.prop to:

ro.product.model=Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=htc

Phone Model:NookColor
Rom:Manual Nooted
Version:1.2
Additional Mods:None

Phone Model:Samsung Captivate
Rom:Cognition
Version:v2.3b8
Additional Mods:None
whatsinaname 15th May 2011 08:16 PM
works on nook color and droid x!

Thanks for this, I thought we could only run netflix on honeycomb.

I am running Rubix 2.0.1 and works GREAT! Woot.
Also running on Nook Color with CM7 Nightly 74 and Dalingrin oc'd to 1200.

I am holding on to this apk for a bit :)

Thanks for all the mods out there!
Chasmodai 15th May 2011 10:47 PM
disable check mod

Nook Color

CM7 Nightly Build 73 1.3 OC Kernel 424

Runs perfectly
blk98gt 16th May 2011 01:10 AM
yesss!!!
Phone Model: Nook Color
Rom: Phiremod
Version: 6.2
Additional Mods:
mjb413 16th May 2011 08:25 AM
two devices.

droid inc
warmz rom 5/14
original netflix file in post works perfectly

b&n nook color
cm7 3.1 beta
original states device not supported
the other two versions pull up video fine both video and audio work. however, it seems as if the fast forward

button is pushed. all video and audio are accelerated to the point that is sounds like chipmunks and the

playback is double speed. i cant figure out how to slow it down. any suggestions?

edit: on the nook. the original app with a build.prop edit (device=vision manufacturer=htc)
lagomilo 16th May 2011 05:38 PM
The netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk does not work for me.

No visual, chipmunk audio

Rom: Stock (Rooted) Manual Rooted 4.5.6
Version: 1,2
Additional Mods: None.

Used the APk 2 and received the could not connect to the server error.

Would love to just get a rooted stock Nook version working.
kardain 16th May 2011 07:59 PM
Nook Color
CM7 encore build #74, internal memory.
devicecheck-disabled works like a charm.
webstergroup 16th May 2011 08:02 PM
Nook Color CM7 Working Fine

Rom: CM7
Version:
Additional Mods: None

Used the no check rom ... worked perfect

My eight year old in the back seat thanks you very much! Cartoons on the go.
mddcbbb 16th May 2011 11:56 PM
Once again you guys are rockstars!! The Netflix app was available in the Market with the CM7 Nook build.prop.

But it wouldn't load because of the device check. And when I modified the build.prop to use the Samsung Nexus

S, Netflix worked perfectly but the Market broke.

I put the original build.prop back and restarted, then uninstalled the Netflix app from the Market and

restarted again. Downloaded and installed the one from this post.

It works brilliantly!!
bodyman 17th May 2011 03:11 AM
works on B&N Nook Color with cm7

Does not work on B&N Nook Color running honeycomb (loads fine but does not play video)

kanaida 17th May 2011 06:50 AM
Nook Color CM7 Beta 3 1.2Ghz darlingrin

Nook Color
update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-encore-2.6.32-beta3.1
update-cm7-darlingrin-2.6.32-emmc-051311

Overclocked 300Mhz-1.2Ghz

Market apk, won't let me play.
All the ones from this site play at 2x normal speed like chipmunks lol..
It's a good start. At least I know I got excess power :)
timmyjoe42 17th May 2011 08:15 PM
Both my nook color and Cliq 2 get this scenario

Install app (both versions)
Click on program
Goes to "play" screen
Audio starts for 1-2 seconds
App reboots

nook color is running xboxexpertx's Froyo and my Cliq 2 is running stock. Both have Flash player 10.3

unstalled.
oneofthemoment 18th May 2011 02:30 AM
Quote:
Both my nook color and Cliq 2 get this scenario

Install app (both versions)
Click on program
Goes to "play" screen
Audio starts for 1-2 seconds
App reboots

nook color is running xboxexpertx's Froyo and my Cliq 2 is running stock. Both have Flash player 10.3

unstalled.
I don't know if it was a good idea to do, but I used the device id hack on Nook Color running Cyanogenmod 7

and Netflix streams perfectly over wifi hotspots from Gingerblur Atrix.
Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App
khughesone 18th May 2011 03:41 AM
Works great thank you very much!
nook color
CyanogenMod 7.0.3
majakat 18th May 2011 03:46 PM
Works on my Nook with 1.2 B&N nooter!
japzone 18th May 2011 04:21 PM
Device: Nook Color
ROM: CM7 stable 7.0.3 uSD
Version: 2.3.3
Additional Mods: No OC No CWR

I didn't try the Mod because the Device Check one worked fine.
__________________________________________________ __
Sent from NookColor CM7 uSD using Tapatalk
Dwyndal 18th May 2011 07:08 PM
First time poster and I admit i did not read all 61 pages but i tried...:eek:

Droid 1 works well using the build.prop for HTC Vision but the only thing I have noticed is I can no longer

reach the recovery via roms or standard method as the Vision uses track ball, power down + power keys whereas

the Droid uses POWER + X button, not sure if this is just me or what but I am assuming the change is what has

caused it. Anyone else seen this?

Also the HTC Vision worked great on my nook, only issue is the darn speaker on the back hard to hear and see

haha

Droid 1
Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1
azshorty2003 18th May 2011 10:21 PM

Seems to work fine so far on Droid running Froyo with the devicecheck apk.

Cant seem to get it to work on my Nook. Originally changed the build.prop, and that worked, but it also killed

everyone of my other apps and caused nothing to load from videos to snes roms. So I had to change it back.

Devicecheck-disabled apk loads but plays like chipmunks. mod-2 gives me this error "sorry we could not reach

the netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com. (1005)".

Ill keep trying the other mods and see if anything works.
can teh man 19th May 2011 03:26 AM
I ran this on my Nook Color, with CM7.0.3 and it works GREAT
bloodylipp 19th May 2011 06:50 AM
Works great on my wifes nook color
phiremod
Got Tired of Doing This.

If the list says it works, it could be any one of these apks. It is too much to list it out for every device

and ROM:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyjedi (Post 13730649)
Attachment 595154 is the virgin store apk

Attachment 595398 has device check disabled thanks to ften

Attachment 595808 For those with a crash after login thanks to ften

Works

•Acer Icona A500
•Archos 70 / 101
o Rooted
•Aria
o CM7.0.2
o CyanogenMod 7 RC4-Liberty
o Liberated Aria
•Ascend
o IsaacJ's CM7
•Atrix 4G
o Greyblur
o Gingerblur 3.1
•Captivate
o Continuum 2.3.3
o Continuum 5.4.1
o Darky's Deodexed JVH ROM
•Defy
o MIUI 1.5.13
•Dell Streak
o Streakdroid 1.90 (Two problems the movies play is 2x the normal speed and drains battery like crazy)
•Desire
o pays 1.2 miui
o Oxygen 2.0.3
•Droid
o ultimate droid 3.3.1
o Project Elite Version 5, Gingerbread
o Peter Alfonso's gpa13
o Peter Alfonso's gpa14
o Peter Alfonso's GPA15
o Stock Gingerbread
o CM 7.0.3 & Deprimed kernel
o CM 7.0.4
o Liquid Gingerbread
o gb. 2.3.3
•DROID2
o GB liberty v0.4
•Droid X
o Gingerbread
o Stock 2.2
o Liberty 2.0.1
•Epic 4G
o Cheese Samsprint
•EVO
o CyanogenMod 7.0.3.1 (2.3)
o myn's 2.2
o Calkulins 2.2
o CM7 nightly
•EVO 4G
•EVO Shift (Flash 10.3)
•G1 (Dream)
•G2
o virtuous fusion sense 3.0
o super CM7
•G2X
o Cyanogen mod
•Galaxy S (i9000M)
o darky 10 rc6 / darkcore 2.2
o Hawkish 2 (2.3.3)
•Galaxy S (GT-9000T)
o Honey3.3 ROM (gingerbread 2.3.3) with darkcore 2.2 kernel
•Galaxy S II
•Galaxy Tab
o Overcome ROM v2.0.0 BETA 2
•HD2
o boyppc MIUI V2
o hyper droid latest rom
o V20 - BOYPPC-SHIFTPDA GINGER 2.3.4 CM7 HoneyComB
o MIUI ROM
o Cyanogen Mod 7
o Hyperdroid GBX
o Hyperdroid CM7
o Ultimate Droid 2.3
•Incredible
o CM7 Nightly 75
o Stock Rooted
o SR4.0
•Infuse
o Stock 2.2.1
•Inspire
o Stock
•LG P-500
o Cyanogen Mod 7 Beta 6.5 by Mik_os
•Milestone
•MyTouch 3G Slide
o CyanogenMod 7.0.3
•Nexus One
o Cyanogenmod
•Nexus S
o NS-RC1
•Nook Color
•Optimus V
o latest AOSP 2.3.3 GB CM7 Mod 4/27
•Vibrant
o cm_vibrantmtd_full-0.zip
o CM7
•XOOM
o HC 3.1
•Xperia X10
o FreeX10 Beta 4
o CM7

Doesn’t Work
•Archos 43
•Archos 70
•Archos 101
•Atrix
o rooted
•Captivate
o Stock
•Defy
o Rooted
•Dell Streak 2.2.2
•Desire HD
o CM7 nightly 78
•Droid
o cyangenomod 6.1.2
•Droid 2
o Stock
•Droid X
o Stock 2.3.340 / 2.2.1
o Liberty GB .5
•Epic
o Stock 2.2.1
•Eris
o Ginger Tazz
•EVO
o leak GB Rom
•Fascinate
o Stock
o Darky's Rom 9.3 / speedmod kernel
•G1 (Dream)
o cm6 stable
•G2
o Xboarder56's 2.0
o Cm7
o CyanogenMod 7.0.3 stable
•G2X
o Stock
o Gingerbread leak
•G-tab
o Gingertab
o VEGAN 7-03082011-Experimental- Harmony
•Galaxy S 4G
o Rooted
•Galaxy Tab
o CM7
o Stock
•HD2
o CMYXLGO Desire HD 1.0.9
•Hero
o CyanogenMod
•Indulge
o Rooted
•Inspire 4G
o CM7.0.3
o 2.3.4 dill's ROM
•Milestone
o Stock
•Moment
o EB 2.2
•Mytouch Slide 3G
o CyanogenMod 6.1.1
•Mytouch 4G
o CM7.1 nightlies
•Nexus One
o Stock
•Nexus S
o Stock
•Optimus M
•Samgung Galaxy S i9000m
o Stock Rooted
•TB
o (perfect storm v1.4)
•Thunderbolt
o Stock
o BAMF Remix 1.5
•Transformer tf101
•Vibrant
o Rooted
o Trigger 3.2.
o Bionix 1.3.1
o Galaxy Extreme Final 2 (latest rev
•Xoom wifi 3.1
•Xperia Arc
o 2.3.2 stock

a lot of devices, and too much to dig through right now with editing build.prop, device check disable, etc...

Edit1: Added More Devices and ROMS 5/20
Edit2: Added More Devices and ROMS 5/20
Edit3: Added a couple more 5/22
OldDogEyes 19th May 2011 09:25 PM
SOLVED -- Not running compatible version of Android (Eclair)

Ok, noob alert here...

Rooted Nook color... Android 2.1 via AutoNooter.

Clicked on the APK with Root Explorer, selected install and got a "there is a problem parsing the package"

error.

I do have the NookColorTools set to allow non-market apps to be installed.

Have successfully sideloaded apps in the past.

Any ideas?

Many thanks...
cuoreesitante 19th May 2011 10:59 PM

NookColor with CM7 nightly #75, tried both modifying the build.prop with virgin apk, and the hacked apk, getting the same error: Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If problem persists please visit netflix.com. (1011)

Anyone else experiencing this?
SoundZombie 20th May 2011 03:23 AM
NOOKColor CM7. Works perfectly!

Also works on my DroidX running ApeX 1.4.1

Sent from my NookColor using XDA App
blackwarrior1979 20th May 2011 04:19 AM
Model: Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Nightly #74
Version: 2.3
Additional Mods: Overclock 1.1GHz kernel

netflix-device-disabled works just fine here. Accessed and watched an episode of "Jacked: Auto Theft Task Force."
wanderingsilver 20th May 2011 11:43 AM
Nook Color and Netflix

Working great so far with hardware checked disabled pack then mod 2 added!

Nook Color with Cyanogen's Mod 7 Android 2.33
Stajdanley 20th May 2011 02:16 PM
Rom: CyanogenMod 7.0.3 (running from internal, not SD card)
Version: 2.3
Additional Mods: none

The first devicecheck.apk works flawlessly--I did not have to try the mod-2.apk. Thanks so much for your work! This is awesome.

Edit: I also saw a lot of posts about people using this mod on the Evo, which shouldn't be necessary. The Evo is one of the supported devices, so the Market .apk will work fine.
bmorrissette 20th May 2011 02:46 PM
With the device check disabled apk I can login and start streaming. BUt I have no video and the sound is about 2x speed.

With the modded apk I can login, but I get error 1005(cant reach netflix service) when trying to stream.

Device: Nook Color
califrag 21st May 2011 12:24 AM
Thanks for this, working perfectly on nookColor running cm7.0.2! :D
webyrd 21st May 2011 01:35 AM
Netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk works great on NookColor CM7 Stable 7.03.
Works on stock LG Optimus M, but has green bar across top.
Mod-2 gives cannot connect to server error when trying to playon Optimus M.

THANKS
ron_nelson 21st May 2011 01:52 AM
Loaded and runs on my Nook Color 1.2 ManualNooter rooted. But video plays at 2+ speed.

Rom:
Version: 1.2
Additional Mods: Rooted w/ManualNooter
gsrluv 21st May 2011 01:59 AM
Thanks ... this is awesome

Works great on my Rooted NookColor running PhireMod V6.2. Audio and Video are amazing!:D

Rom: PhireMod V6.2
Version: V6.2

I also have a MyTouch 4G, no such luck, but mostly works. Gets all the way to loading, then it starts playing sound but no video, then it cuts out and goes back to the Netflix Home page :( Probably going to try a different rom soon!

Phone Model: MyTouch 4G
Rom: Ice-Glacier
Version: v1.1.6
tmoney68 21st May 2011 02:04 AM
Awesome job!

This works on both my B&N Nook color and G-tablet! Both Running CyanogenMod 7!

Thanks for your hard work!
DarthKinetic 21st May 2011 03:34 AM
un rooted Nookcolor blocked install...

how can i change package/ app permission settings?
2xhighpsi 21st May 2011 05:31 AM
Big thanks for all the hard work to get this working!

Works great on both my DroidX running Rubix Focused 2.0.1 and my rooted Nook Color running CM7!

Awesome work guys!
beow1776 21st May 2011 10:37 AM
Great job!
Working on Nook Color running Phiremod nook v6.2
dirtygreek 21st May 2011 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkamla (Post 14014444)
Samsung Galaxy Tab with Froyo
Using alternate Mod 2 other one crashed.
I get error We could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (1005)
same on my lg optimus s and nook with nookie froyo.
Teamb 21st May 2011 10:12 PM
Worked on nook color....phiremod 6.2 using netflix-devicecheck

Able to logon NP...watched Toy Story 3...looks great!

Great job ty!

Sent from my NookColor using XDA App
llheritier 22nd May 2011 06:14 PM
I successfully installed the netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk download on my Nook Color. the queue works great as does the sound for streaming movies. I can't get any video - it's a black screen. Not sure what i could have done differently from NC users reporting it works great. suggestions??
gruey 22nd May 2011 09:52 PM
NookColor
rooted 1.2: sound but no video
CM7.0.3 on SD: Works perfectly with first apk
CM7 3.1 Beta (2.6.32 kernel) on SD: Chipmunk sounds on all apks
Legobricke 23rd May 2011 01:40 AM
Works GREAT!

Rom: CM 7.0.3-encore
Version: 2.3.3
Additional Mods: None

Lego
robertroland 23rd May 2011 05:53 AM
Working like a weed dealer at a snoop dog concert. :D

Nookie on Gingerbread.
Strobe74 23rd May 2011 07:56 AM
Nook Color
CyanogenMod 7.0.3.1 on EMMC
DeviceCheck Disabled APK works like a charm!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: kftgr

uquackmeup

Mar 19, 2011
Nook Color 1.2 MN,
Netflix build 1 no video and chipmunks
Netflix build 2 occasional blank video and chipmunks
Netflix build 3 error message couldn’t reach Netflix server
Netflix build 4 spits me back out to desktop from login
Netflix build 5 error message couldn’t reach Netflix server

xtravbx

Aug 23, 2010
Anyone figure out a fix to the chipmunk audio yet?

edit:

switching the build.prop for the HTC Flyer fixes it. Awesome.

Last edited:

angomy

May 4, 2011
NC on verygreen SD (1.2.1) install, nightly 85 (.32 OC kernel @300/1200Mhz conservative)

- All 4 updated modded apks still give chipmunk voices. :|

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Netflix has Disabled Device Check and you can now Install straight from Market without any Hacks.

I tested and it works on my Nook Color CM7 7.0.3

For people that still have issues though, I'll leave up the HowTo.

Since people aren't looking through the Netflix App thread for the HowTos that I and other people are posting here is my HowTo.

HowTo guide for those that don't understand what build.prop is.

Android 2.3 ROMs(CM7 Stable, Phiremod, ect...)
    ro.product.model=Nexus S
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

CM7 nightlys + Android 2.2 ROMs(Stock, Froyo, ect...)
    ro.product.model=HTC Vision
    ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

Just make sure you backup your build.prop file before editing just in case you need to switch back.(Copy it somewhere and rename it build.prop.bak)

For Newbs:
    -Remount /system as RW using Root Explorer (Open Folder then press button at the Top)
    -Backup the /system/build.prop to /system/build.prop.bak (In Root Explorer just Copy it and Paste in the same place)
    -Edit the file /system/build.prop with a text editor (Hold down in Root Explorer for Popup then tap "Open in Text Editor" )
    -Replace each line with it's above replacements
    -Make sure there are no extra spaces at the ends of lines as that can cause problems
    -Save the file
    -Hard Reboot

TaDa! Netflix Works!
    Used ES File Manager to mount /system as RW
    made a backup

changed the two lines to match this.
    ro.productmodel=HTC Vision
    ro.productbrand=HTC

There are no unnecessary spaces in there.
    powered off, and then powered back on.
    get the "device not supported" message.

Running CM Nightly 72 and Dalingrin's OC running at 1.1 (hope I spelled the name right)

anybody having this problem?

Also it seemed to break YouTube when I had those settings in the build.prop file.
    After I restored my backup build.prop file youtube worked fine again.

It wouldn't work for me until I changed

ro.productmodel=Vision (no HTC)

And then the ro.productmanufacturer=HTC, not brand. Maybe that could work for you.

Sent from my Vision using Tapatalk
    I just downloaded the update to the Netflix app for NC, and I can confirm that they have ( as stated in their update notes ) removed the supported device check.

However, I get chipmunks now *unless* I edit the build.prop file...

Vision
    HTC

Works for CM7-87, stock kernel...
    ...I'm having issues with Netflix in I have the htc / Vision set right now and it works the very first time I use Netflix after coming up, but when I go back and try a second time I then get a black screen and the audio is fine, not chipmunks or anything, but no video at all. Any hints, tips, or suggestions?
    Thanks!

DB
    A temp solution is to use "Manage applications" under settings, select Netflix app and "Force stop". Start Netflix and you should be working again.
    Winnar! Had the same issue did this and it worked.

There a link for a version of Netflix at the end of the "Netflicks stopped working today" thread (in the nook q/a forum) that doesn't complain about "newer version."

And don't forget about "netflix fixer app" in nook themes and apps forum. It automates the chipmunk fix!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App