[INFO] The developer FAQ thread (all you need to know about things like ABD and REWT)

Search This thread

shaneaus

Nov 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
It's only the headers that are slightly more difficult to read, the actual content is written in perfectly comprehensible english. Besides by having to decipher it, atleast they'd be doing SOMETHING for the info instead of gettng it simply handed to them.

Then your 7 year old has better spelling skills than around 80% of teens these days.

Sad, but considering most teens (in the US anyway) text more than they talk, email, or write (anything else) - this is true. :mad:

neilkarunatilaka

Jul 1, 2010
California
x7productions.com
Can you translate your questions... I'm not 133t enough to understand them all! ;)
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or legitiment. :p
But my advice to all the other people that are complaining, just read it like its spelled, and sound out the words lol. Or you can gather most of the information from the part right below the questions/header if you are really having a hard time haha :)

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
Hahaha hate that 1337 speak crap, but that is too funny. Nice job!

Sent from my Colorful Themed GladiATRIX on Bell using the XDA Premium App.

begadkepat

Feb 20, 2011
Tallahassee
I would imagine these questions would be very difficult to read if English is not your first language. Instead of making fun of people who can't read l33t sp34k, I took thirty seconds and rewrote the questions:

1. How do I root my tablet? I don't know where to find these things.
2. What is ABD? Please help, I don't know how to use it.
3. Can I root my 0423 build? I want use ROMs.
4. Oh my god. I have a US/TW/UK TF101; Can I flash WW roms?
5. What is CIFS.KO? What is TUN.KO?
6. I rooted, and now my camera and BlueTooth do not work. What do I do?
7. My SD card does not work flashing ROMs. What do I do?
8. How do I overclock?
9. Can I flash blobs through CWM?
10. Can I unroot my tablet? I have no warranty now.
11. I updated to 3.1, and now root does not work. What do I do?

Thanks for the FAQ.

Reactions: kovla

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
@ OP I enjoy you sarcasm but a little heads up if you're trying to maintain the integrity of you answers you might want to fix abd to adb. Unless that was on purpose also

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

I did actually do it on purpose since I've seen a lot of people call it adb. I now bolded the adb in the answer since I can see how that could cause confusion.

If that still isn't much better I'll change the question itself.

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions for all you people coming here with questions like OMG HAO DO AI REWT MI TAB or MI ABD NUT WERKAN PLZ HALP, and the ever popular CN I RUT 0423 WIT DIS?
Lucky I have compiled the most popular questions and listed them here, with full explenation and solution.
Enjoy!

1. HAO DO I REWT MI TAB? I DUNNO WHER 2 FIND DIS THENKS.

Rooting your Transformer can indeed be done with the link here, however you will need some stuff beforehand like adb to get your Transformer rooted and ready to use that method. So for you guys who do not feel comfortable with that, do this.

2. WUT IS ABD PLZ HALP I DUNNO HOW 2 USE OMG SO CONFUZD

To get adb up and running, you simply have to follow the guide here. Oh, and you need the Asus PC Sync software from here. Simply select your PC operating system, download and install the Asus PC sync software.

Alternatively you can use the guide made by a kind xda member (screenshots included) here.

3. CN I R00T MY 0423 BUILD I WANN HAS ROMS?

Yes, indeed you can with the guides linked above.

4. OMG I HAS US/TW/UK/MOON TF101 CN I FLASH WW ROMS?!

After rooting and installing CWM you can flash any ROM you like, the regions only matter for stock updates at this time. So go ahead and flash any ROM you like.

5. WUT IS CIFS.KO && TUN.KO?!

If you don't know what it is, don't worry about it, it means you probably don't need it. But in the offchance you do need tun.ko for VPN, here is a link to installing openVPN.

6. I ROOTD AND MI CAMERA ++ BT NO WERKAN, WAT I DO?

Simply flash the BLOB_V5 file available in the root guide, use the same steps you used to flash (so not all the steps) BLOB_V4, just replace the CWM_BLOB_V4 parts with CWM_BLOB_V5 and that should fix your issues.

7. OMG MI SD CARD NO WERK FOR FLASHAN ROMS WHAT DO?!

Try and use fix permissions from CWM, or try a couple of times. Another fix for the sd card issue you can try, is to put the non working sd card into an android phone then go to storage on the phone and erase the sd card. reinserting that card into the transformer will then allow it to mount to CWM.
if it still doesn't work your card is probably hated by CWM (some are, for what reason we don't know) and you'll need to use a different SD card.

8. HAO 2 OVERCLOCK, MOAR CLOCK

You can overclock if you have root and CWM already. Simply go here and flash this kernel through CWM.

9. CN I FLASH BLOBZ THRU CWM

There is currently 1 way to flash the blob through a zip update if you are not on the 0325 build. This is by flashing the latest Modaco ROM which has the BLOB included.

10. CN I UNREWT MI TAB? I HAS NO WORRANTIES ANYMOAR

Yes. Simply flash the blob from the Asus website using the same steps you used to flash the CWM blob. here is also a guide.

11. I UPDAETED TO 3.1 NOW REWT NO WERK, WAT DO?

Download the 8.2.2.9 update from Asus and copy it to your internal memory to downgrade or do this.

12. MI TAB IS A BRIK, IT NO DO ANYTHING OMG HALP D: <- sadface

You can use this method to try and unbrick it, if that doesn't work, you're pretty much screwed.

Thank you.

credits:
neilkarunatilaka - for updated sd card fix.

Dude.... lmao!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions for all you people coming here with questions like OMG HAO DO AI REWT MI TAB or MI ABD NUT WERKAN PLZ HALP, and the ever popular CN I RUT 0423 WIT DIS?
    Lucky I have compiled the most popular questions and listed them here, with full explenation and solution.
    Enjoy!

1. HAO DO I REWT MI TAB? I DUNNO WHER 2 FIND DIS THENKS.

Rooting your Transformer can indeed be done with the link here, however you will need some stuff beforehand like adb to get your Transformer rooted and ready to use that method. So for you guys who do not feel comfortable with that, do this.

2. WUT IS ABD PLZ HALP I DUNNO HOW 2 USE OMG SO CONFUZD

To get adb up and running, you simply have to follow the guide here. Oh, and you need the Asus PC Sync software from here. Simply select your PC operating system, download and install the Asus PC sync software.

Alternatively you can use the guide made by a kind xda member (screenshots included) here.

3. CN I R00T MY 0423 BUILD I WANN HAS ROMS?

Yes, indeed you can with the guides linked above.

4. OMG I HAS US/TW/UK/MOON TF101 CN I FLASH WW ROMS?!

After rooting and installing CWM you can flash any ROM you like, the regions only matter for stock updates at this time. So go ahead and flash any ROM you like.

5. WUT IS CIFS.KO && TUN.KO?!

If you don't know what it is, don't worry about it, it means you probably don't need it. But in the offchance you do need tun.ko for VPN, here is a link to installing openVPN.

6. I ROOTD AND MI CAMERA ++ BT NO WERKAN, WAT I DO?

Simply flash the BLOB_V5 file available in the root guide, use the same steps you used to flash (so not all the steps) BLOB_V4, just replace the CWM_BLOB_V4 parts with CWM_BLOB_V5 and that should fix your issues.

7. OMG MI SD CARD NO WERK FOR FLASHAN ROMS WHAT DO?!

Try and use fix permissions from CWM, or try a couple of times. Another fix for the sd card issue you can try, is to put the non working sd card into an android phone then go to storage on the phone and erase the sd card. reinserting that card into the transformer will then allow it to mount to CWM.
    if it still doesn't work your card is probably hated by CWM (some are, for what reason we don't know) and you'll need to use a different SD card.

8. HAO 2 OVERCLOCK, MOAR CLOCK

You can overclock if you have root and CWM already. Simply go here and flash this kernel through CWM.

9. CN I FLASH BLOBZ THRU CWM

There is currently 1 way to flash the blob through a zip update if you are not on the 0325 build. This is by flashing the latest Modaco ROM which has the BLOB included.

10. CN I UNREWT MI TAB? I HAS NO WORRANTIES ANYMOAR

Yes. Simply flash the blob from the Asus website using the same steps you used to flash the CWM blob. here is also a guide.

11. I UPDAETED TO 3.1 NOW REWT NO WERK, WAT DO?

Download the 8.2.2.9 update from Asus and copy it to your internal memory to downgrade or do this.

12. MI TAB IS A BRIK, IT NO DO ANYTHING OMG HALP D: <- sadface

You can use this method to try and unbrick it, if that doesn't work, you're pretty much screwed.

13. WAT MI BATTERI IS DRAINING WTF SHUD I DO?

Well you see we made a shocking discovery today, electronics use electricity while turned on! I know! We were just as surprised as you are!

OMG CANNOT FIND MI INFO WTF IS FORUM SERCH?

For all of you slightly special people out there, here is a list of other threads that might help you find what you need. These have been cherrypicked by moi, feel free to post important additions.

[INFO] The Ultimate Transformer Information Thread - Pretty much what the title states, it has links to just about anything.
    [INFO] Firmware Update (FOTA) Changelog - A changelog for all the officials updates released by Asus.
    [INFO] List of Compatible Apps/games/etc - List of working apps, and which are Honeycomb (android 3.0+) optimized.

Thank you.

credits:
    neilkarunatilaka - for updated sd card fix.
    While I think a FAQ is an excellent idea, your implemantation is a little uncalled for, not to mention annoying.
    Find myself agreeing with msw1382 I'm afraid. Takes too long to read. Almost need some sort of leetspeak translator to get what you're saying. Guess I'm too old. :(
    seshmaru, a fix for the sd card issue, #7 is to put the non working sd card into an android phone then go to storage on the phone and erase the sd card. reinserting that card into the transformer will then allow it to mount to CWM.

just thought you could add that into your list. its been verified by myself and then a couple others tried it also. :)

i find it hilarious how you worded the headings haha.
    I would imagine these questions would be very difficult to read if English is not your first language. Instead of making fun of people who can't read l33t sp34k, I took thirty seconds and rewrote the questions:

1. How do I root my tablet? I don't know where to find these things.
    2. What is ABD? Please help, I don't know how to use it.
    3. Can I root my 0423 build? I want use ROMs.
    4. Oh my god. I have a US/TW/UK TF101; Can I flash WW roms?
    5. What is CIFS.KO? What is TUN.KO?
    6. I rooted, and now my camera and BlueTooth do not work. What do I do?
    7. My SD card does not work flashing ROMs. What do I do?
    8. How do I overclock?
    9. Can I flash blobs through CWM?
    10. Can I unroot my tablet? I have no warranty now.
    11. I updated to 3.1, and now root does not work. What do I do?

Thanks for the FAQ.