O2 UK: Kaiser model?

Search This thread

Steve-C

May 3, 2007
Wales
www.steve-c.com
I have read a couple of things which suggest that O2 don't intend to pick up the Kaiser. Not sure how accurate the source information is though.

Clove suggests that O2 will be releasing the Kaiser....

Clove Website

Cradle + AC Adapter
Compatibility
HTC TyTN II (P4550/Kaiser), O2 Stellar, MDA Vario III, Vodafone v1615

Stellar would be in keeping with the XDA Orbit naming system and all the other names match. Can't find any other info though. Guess it's a call to O2 Select in the morning then!

HTCFAN0923

Mar 19, 2007
NYC
A question for you guyz over in the UK..I'm getting the Kaiser next month and will be going to a wedding in France in december...I'll also be stopping by London..My question is how much data is offered through prepaid sim cards...in about a month..I go through about 14GB of data...I pay roughly around $50US a month for unlimited data and would like to use the video calling feature while I'm there...any advice on which provider to go to for 3G service while I'm therefor a week? What prices am I looking @ for say 2-3GB of data in a week..300 minutes...and about 10-12 video calls?

XSIVSPD

Jan 10, 2007
A question for you guyz over in the UK..I'm getting the Kaiser next month and will be going to a wedding in France in december...I'll also be stopping by London..My question is how much data is offered through prepaid sim cards...in about a month..I go through about 14GB of data...I pay roughly around $50US a month for unlimited data and would like to use the video calling feature while I'm there...any advice on which provider to go to for 3G service while I'm therefor a week? What prices am I looking @ for say 2-3GB of data in a week..300 minutes...and about 10-12 video calls?

GB or MB? 14gb is a LOt of data to use in a month... 14mb is about half what i use lol

Brian_Mattey

Sep 11, 2007
It will definitely be on O2

Hi,

It's definitely going to be on O2 as the Stellar ... I have seen a pre-release test version being used by someone at O2.

Sadly I don't know exactly when it will be avalable or how much it will cost :-(

Regards,

Brian

weasel

Apr 13, 2005
It will be interesting to see what happens when O2 release the Kaiser. I currently have an Exec & am looking to move to a Kaiser, but my current thought is to switch to T-Mobile simply because of the data rates. A few months ago, I telephoned O2 to check out what their "unlimited" data rate was and it was more expensive than getting a T-Mobile data-card. So unless O2 are willing to do a deal, I will be switching to T-Mobile as soon as my contract is up in a month or two

nlhall

Nov 29, 2005
Sheffield
It will be interesting to see what happens when O2 release the Kaiser. I currently have an Exec & am looking to move to a Kaiser, but my current thought is to switch to T-Mobile simply because of the data rates. A few months ago, I telephoned O2 to check out what their "unlimited" data rate was and it was more expensive than getting a T-Mobile data-card. So unless O2 are willing to do a deal, I will be switching to T-Mobile as soon as my contract is up in a month or two

With O2 announcing the iPhone they also mentioned an "Unlimited" data package to be released in Oct. if they are getting the Kaiser mid Oct, O2 dont lock their phones down so this might be a big contender for my next contract...

berabi

Feb 17, 2007
Weasel, I know what you mean. I can't say that I haven't considered switching to T-mobile simply because of the data rates but I too have heard that with the released of the iPhone will come some kind of mega data offerings from O2. Would be excellent what with the internet phone functionality available on WM6 - a guy at my uni actually didn't use any of his minutes because of the data being limitless on T-mobile...food for thought :D But yes, I spoke to O2 yesterday (on the XDA information line - 0800 032 1502) and they told me that it's likely that it will be released mid-October.

I too have an Exec and whilst the functionality is big, the size is in tune with that and frankly, it sometimes gets on my nerves that it's not just a tad smaller. Roll on the mighty Stellar!

churchwa

Nov 20, 2004
London
I just spoke to O2, the have a release date of 8th October.

I have heard that one before, my guess is november. lol

foaf

Jun 15, 2005
London
I'm definitely getting the Kaiser, but just deciding whether to ditch O2 for T-Mobile or not.

O2 Have now launched their data plan, and though it is the same price as T-Mobile and Vodafone, it is a meagre 200Mbs a month, as oposed to T-Mobiles 1Gb. http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/consumerdatabolton

Also T-Mobile seem to be getting the Kaiser to their upgrade customers already, while O2 requires a wait. Finally the T-Mobile version is ugly grey/silver, I'm hoping O2 stick with HTC's black.

O2 had better hurry up with a solid release date, (I waited about 4 months for the SE P990i last year, what a waste).

Mr.Clark

Feb 15, 2006
But yes, I spoke to O2 yesterday (on the XDA information line - 0800 032 1502) and they told me that it's likely that it will be released mid-October.

I too have an Exec and whilst the functionality is big, the size is in tune with that and frankly, it sometimes gets on my nerves that it's not just a tad smaller. Roll on the mighty Stellar!
I just spoke to upgrades, and he said that he hadn't heard of it at all and the newest phones were the Trion and the Cocoon. :(

Mr.Clark

Feb 15, 2006
Right, good news and not so good.

It is the TyTN II, with GPS, 3G, all that shizzle. It's the replacement for the Trion. She said it was a very nice device and anyone that liked the Trion would approve of it.

However, for the release date, I was told it was "confidential information" and would be out "by December", and it would be up on the O2 website when that information was available.

No hold music, it got picked up straight away, which was nice.

Meh. I don't know whether to wait or not now.

I'll start getting quotes from Orange, Voda and T-Mobile and see what they're like, compared to staying on O2 out of contract with my Exec.

Maybe I'll wait until the 20th October and if there's no sign of the Stellar, go for another network...

evilc

Mar 2, 2005
London
I had an O2 XDA IIs (Blue Angel) and I hated the O2 changes - O2 active was buggy and useless - you needed to enter a corporate code at hard reset to not install it else it was a bugger to purge. O2 were beind with the OS updates, the device was locked (For about 5 mins until I found this site).

When I decided to get a kaiser, and knew that I would eat through 3G data at a rate, I decided to move to T-Mobile. Much better flat rate prices (OK so O2 sort of caught up recently, but until recently it was still over £1 a megabyte) and a long history of actually delivering on the unlimited promise (Even more than they actually say - officially all but web pages is banned on the £7.50 a month tariff, but I have used everything with no worries so far)

Plus I get better reception with T-mob at home.

I wanted one before T-Mob launched the Vario III, plus i wanted an unbranded one, so I got the most expensive phone I could for get for free with my T-Mob contract and flogged it new and unused on ebay to subsidise my Kaiser purchase.

sbsdegb1

Feb 16, 2006
O2 XDA Stellar

I have just spoken to O2 and they have said the release date is 19th November. So thats another month. My contract ended last December and I am still waiting for something to upgrade to. I like many am thinking of jumping ship to TMobile. I was just hoping that the O2 sytling might be better than TMobiles flat buttons and silver finish.

darklondon

May 16, 2006
I went to a O2 store yesterday and the first guy told me never heard of it, after consulted his boss he told me not until Janary.
SAD.