[ROM][7/5/11] Virtuous Doubleshot v1.0.1 :: Sense 3.0 Espresso (Base 1.01.531.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Weak wifi signal and wifi calling are both fixed in the upcoming release. I'm planning to put out the release later tonight. It's already available on irc in the form of a release candidate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

wadkikker

Apr 27, 2007
Weak wifi signal and wifi calling are both fixed in the upcoming release. I'm planning to put out the release later tonight. It's already available on irc in the form of a release candidate.

I'm looking forward to it, super great work so far.

Stratspider230

Aug 20, 2010
Sorry if my last post sounded misleading. I was only suggesting that the radio firmware may be one reason for some people's low wifi strength.

I don't think there is really a problem with any GB radio per se. There could be a whole number of reasons why the wifi might not work well. Note this list is not exhaustive:

1. The router is not talking the wifi radio hardware properly
2. The wifi radio is not talking to ROM software properly
3. The ROM software is not reporting the correct information to the user
4. The ROM software has been tweaked to drop weak signals earlier than other ROMs (I remember the Virtuous Unity ROM initially had this issue, later fixed)

The reasons for these may be numerous too (list also not exhaustive):
1. The radio firmware version may not be best matched to the environment. (Bear in mind other radio functions are affected by the firmware version like 2G and 3G signal strength, 3G/4G data speeds, bluetooth, gps etc).
2. There is an incompatibility between the radio firmware installed and RILs in the ROM.
3. There are some other settings in the ROM that need tweaking.

Since there are so many variables, the more relevant details and reports of what has been tried there is, the easier it might be for someone to try and figure out what the issue is.

I'd suggest anyone with a weak wifi problem reporting a few details to see if any patterns emerge like: did you do a full wipe before installing the ROM, what radio firmware version are you using, did you match rils or use the stock ROM ones, did you try any other radio versions and what happened if you did? Also did you flash any mods or adjust any settings (particularly in relation to the wifi)?

And just to repeat: as far as I know, there isn't a problem with any GB radio. You need to make sure that it's the right radio for your environment and the ROM you're running.

Youre speaking to a former AT&T Tier 2 Network Engineer, haha. All of these factors definitely play a factor in Wifi quality, and very nice job listing all the factors that play in to it. Very informative for someone whos curious about their wifi connectabiliy. Very good job, sir.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

amack10

Aug 4, 2009
just curious it says in the description for both this and unity that there are oc kernels with numerous modules for this phone. i only see the m-deejay kernel =. is that the only kernel out for unity and this rom

codecxbox

Jan 29, 2011
just curious it says in the description for both this and unity that there are oc kernels with numerous modules for this phone. i only see the m-deejay kernel =. is that the only kernel out for unity and this rom

No, there is a kernel for sense from Eugene, called Streamlined Unity, which works very well with the Virtous Sense rom. However, you lose wifi if used with Doubleshot.

monomer888

Sep 20, 2009
Youre speaking to a former AT&T Tier 2 Network Engineer, haha. All of these factors definitely play a factor in Wifi quality, and very nice job listing all the factors that play in to it. Very informative for someone whos curious about their wifi connectabiliy. Very good job, sir.

xT4Z1N4TRx

Apr 13, 2011
Wolverhampton
The 1.1.0 RC is great, but it doesnt have the extra big quick settings menu :(:( actuallyy, apart from wifi connection being better, i cant see any difference :p

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Ramsfan_Jim

May 7, 2008
Leicestershire
OK, I've made the leap from Unity. A few initial problems (1 complete lock-up which meant full wipe and start again), but seems stable now - which is an improvement on Unity.

Has anyone managed to create a mod to add the battery percentage? I know RMK doesn't like it, but it should be an option if anyone has created a zip.

Cheers in advance.

BrutalHoe

Sep 28, 2009
Saint Louis
www.boa-clan.net
So how do i flash the different radio?
Clockwork will just reboot the phone n wont even go in rrecovery and flashing from recovery returns "...... aborted" every time i try to flash, havent tried adb????

tun4f1sh

Dec 27, 2010
Shut up. Stop snitching

Eat ****. It's explicitly plastered all over the IRC channel not to share the pre-release URLs here, so why not respect his wishes? It's the least we could do, considering rmk does all the work, and we reap the benefits. If he wanted to share it here, he would.

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
OK, I've made the leap from Unity. A few initial problems (1 complete lock-up which meant full wipe and start again), but seems stable now - which is an improvement on Unity.

Has anyone managed to create a mod to add the battery percentage? I know RMK doesn't like it, but it should be an option if anyone has created a zip.

Cheers in advance.

dunno if this will work, but have you tried using UOT kitchen for the battery % mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Redirect Removed

Would it be possible for someone to flash the DZ Hboot some other way than adb? Like through the bootloader? I don't have adb working on my laptop, and it won't let me install the sdk or anything else. I'd love to try out this ROM, but I have no way to flash the Hboot.

You don't necessarily need ADB to flash the DZ hboot to the G2 I tried this method and it worked flawlessly...
    Credit to codemonkey10 for the step by step process..

You need the DZ H-Boot... the rom wont run or install unless you have it. here is how to install it on your phone (guessing its a g2) without having to use adb... (and here is the dz hboot download... http://files.virtuousrom.com/vision/misc/PC10IMG.zip)

Do a full nandroid backup before any of this, and you will need an sd card reader....
    Download the h-boot and move it to the root of your sd card.
    Turn the phone off and turn it back on by holding volume down and power.
    You’ll be ask if you want to update, press volume up to proceed.
    After your done you be asked press power to reboot, press it.
    You should will see the white HTC screen, wait 5-10 seconds then pull battery.
    Pull sd card out of phone, and place in a card reader.
    Delete the PC10IMG file (dz hboot) and put the sd card back in the phone.
    Then hold volume down and power to go to bootloader
    Once in bootloader go to recovery
    Do not wipe anything because the new h-boot wiped everything
    In recovery go to install zip from sd card
    Then, choose zip from sd card
    Find the Virtuous Unity Rom in the sd card.
    Choose it and wait for it to install
    and that's it
    Reserved for future use.
    Also reserved for future use.