[ROM] RevolutionRom JVQ Final Update 2 (2.3.4) 7.31.11 Definitely Fixed Bluetooth

Search This thread

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
STABLE AND FAST!!
NO BUGS!!
NO LAGS!!
JUST RAW SPEED!!

Okay Since there are so Many Noobs with a Vibrant I have to say two things:
1) I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
2)READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ PLEASE READ THE OP!!!!!

Rom Features
  • Working GPS!
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Orange overscroll glow
  • Pre-Rooted
  • Darky's ram script
  • Edt tweaks with use for ONLY Status Bar Tweaks
  • 10 lockscreens- SGS2, Glass, Puzzle, Epic, Rotary, R2D2, Four Tab, MIUI, Android, Jkay- Only use lockscreen menu in settings to set. (Settings for Jkay's Mod in Theme Settings App, Extended Power Menu is also there)
  • Cm7 battery icon with a percentage
  • TW4 (not tw4.5) with 5 icon dock and alphabetical sorting
  • No more blur in the mms
  • SGSII icons on Phone, Contacts, and Messaging app
  • SGSII ClockPackage
  • Many SGSII apps
  • BLN support
  • Auto-brightness fix
  • Fixed browser
  • Fixed dialer
  • Youtube that you can download videos in
  • Many live wallpapers
  • CRT screen off animation
  • Modded Status Bar
  • 3d Blur Fix

Bullet v6.1 kernel features by cmenard
  • Voodoo Sound v9
  • Voodoo Color
  • Voodoo Lagfix
  • BLN support (thanks to neldar)
  • CWM 2.5 (the regular red Voodoo recovery we all have come love)
  • 339MB of memory
  • Smartass and Interactive CPU governors (Conservative still default at boot)
  • Volume keys mapped to i9000 so no changes needed in the ROM and the keys work correctly in recovery
  • OC with safe boot to 1ghz use SetCPU to set clock speed
  • GPS init.rc
  • Proper headphone jack routing for T959
  • USB dock audio should be properly routed as well
  • Based on xcaliberinhand's reoriented i897 JVB Kernel and supercurio's voodoo lagfix initramfs

Flash Instructions For Odin (use this way if you are on froyo or are a noob)
  1. Before flashing, go into recovery and do a Factory Reset
  2. Download whichever Odin tar you choose
  3. Put the tar in PDA and if you want you can use PIT (caution: If you use a PIT, make sure re-partition is checked) if you already have Voodoo Lagfix enabled, I recommend you not to use a PIT.
  4. Once it has rebooted, do nothing for 15 minutes and then reboot
  5. Enjoy!

Flash Instructions for CWM
  1. Make sure you are on GB if you are to use CWM
  2. Go into recovery and flash the wipe if you are on anything other than Revolution, flash Non-Wipe if you are on Revolution JVQ Beta 2
  3. Reboot
  4. Enjoy

Known Issues
NONE!!!
Credits
  • Google: Android
  • Samsung: JVQ
  • birgertime: Edt tweaks app and status bar tweaks
  • DaGr8: Sgsii apps, lockscreen menu and 10 lockscreens
  • hayn_pryde46: Some of the SGSII apps
  • faryaab: Some of the other SGSII apps
  • lukiqq: SGSII camera
  • Juwe11: TW4 launcher
  • darkyy: Some of his apps
  • sphink02: Working browser
  • cmenard: Bullet kernel
  • dsexton702: Majority of build.prop tweaks
  • Master&Slave: Some build.prop tweaks
  • Dan_Brutal: For always being there to help me
  • explodingboy70: For being the competition I try to beat while still offering help
  • Probably a lot of other people i forgot

Last edited:

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
Read this before reporting bugs

FAQ

• Can i flash this from cm7?
  • Yes, if you use the ODIN version; however, make sure to use a PIT to repartition.

How do i set the 5th icon?
  • Get into the applications list and click menu>edit, then move the app you want into the drawer, and click back.

I rebooted and all my downloaded apps are gray?
  • Enable Voodoo Lafix and then replace them all.

Can i flash over Voodoo Lagfix?
  • Yes, the kernel includes Voodoo Lagfix

Are GB bootloaders fully functional on froyo and what do they do?
  • Yes, GB bootloaders are backwards compatible and they remove the rainbows on boot up.

Why is there no extended power menu?
  • There is, set it from Jkay's app.

I LOVE your ROM, so what should I do?
  • You could make me a bootanimation and/or logo (I really want both of those) or you could Donate and/or hit Thanks.

I have military time and the date format is European date format?
  • This is because JVQ is a European firmware, to fix go into Settings>Date and Time>Uncheck "Use 24-Hour Format" and then go into "Change Date Format" and select the first option, "MM/DD/YY.

I will be adding things as people ask them

Changelog

• Fixed Bluetooth

• Intial Release

Last edited:

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
Disclaimer: I have two ODIN versions one that includes GB bootloaders so that you do not have to go through the hassle of flashing the bootloaders afterwards and a non-bootloader version for people who want to flash bootloaders afterwards or already have them. I got the bootloaders from HERE. IF YOU FLASH THE BOOTLOADERS VERSION, YOUR BUTTON MAPPING FOR GETTING INTO RECOVERY AND DOWNLOAD MODE WILL CHANGE, IT WILL BE LIKE THIS:
RECOVERY = VOLUME DOWN + POWER
DOWNLOAD = VOLUME UP + POWER
Read the whole Bootloader OP before flashing Bootloaders version. Also, I want to thank Adyscorpius for giving us bootloaders.

CWM DOWNLOADS
JVQ Final Update 2 Non-Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD (Only flash if on a Previous version of Revolution)

JVQ Final Update 2 Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD

ONLY FLASH WI-FI CALLING VERSION IF YOU NEED, NEED IT. WI-FI CALLING WILL GIVE YOU WORSE BATTERY LIFE, A LESS STABLE DIALER, AND MAYBE SOME OTHER PROBLEMS. BTW, I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE APP IN THE DOWNLOADS BELOW.

JVQ Final Update 2 Wi-Fi Calling Version Non-Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD (Only flash if coming from JVQ Final or JVQ Beta 2)

JVQ Final Update 2 Wi-Fi Calling Version Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD

ODIN DOWNLOADS
JVQ Final Update 2 NO BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): http://www.multiupload.com/IUWF48NBOH

JVQ Final Update 2 WITH BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): http://www.multiupload.com/8WRJV21R4E

ONLY FLASH WI-FI CALLING VERSION IF YOU NEED, NEED IT. WI-FI CALLING WILL GIVE YOU WORSE BATTERY LIFE, A LESS STABLE DIALER, AND MAYBE SOME OTHER PROBLEMS.

JVQ Final Update 2 WiFi Calling NO BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): uploading...

JVQ Final Update 2 WiFi Calling WITH BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): uploading... (READ DISCLAIMER BEFORE FLASHING)

ADD-ONS
LG Optimus 2X keyboard it is like iPhone keyboard: DOWNLOAD The thread is here with screenshots: HERE (Flash with CWM)

Arabic Patch (thanks yamensaleh for posting and redmanner for making LOL): DOWNLOAD (Flash with CWM)

Deleted Samsung Apps (Includes: Buddies Now, Days, Calendar Clock, Feeds and Updates, Stock Clock, and Swype v3) DOWNLOAD (Flash with CWM)

If you want just Swype v3, download it from HERE and just install it like a normal apk (click it so that it goes into installer). Oh, BTW I have fixed the lagginess some users were experiencing.

If you want Digital Clock from SGSII, download it from attachments, copy it to system/app and reboot.

Here is a theme made specifically for RevolutionRom, it is called Precision and made by kwes1020, all credit goes to him. I also want to thank him a lot for making this theme to help the Revolution. DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• DigitalClock.apk
    127.1 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
Okay, this is how it goes, there are 10 Lock Screens.

Seven of those lockscreens are set through Settings>Display>Wallpapers>Lock Screen Wallpaper and unset through the same place, these are marked by "Set in Display, Unset in Display."

However, there are three other lock screens which are set through Settings>Lockscreen Menu>Lockscreen Settings>Lockscreen Wallpaper. Unlike the other seven, these three have a different way to unset the wallpaper. The way to unset the wallpaper is by going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Gallery>Clear Data. These three will be marked "Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data."

LOCK SCREENS EXPLAINED

• SGSII Lockscreen: Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data
  • Four Tab Unlock: Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data
  • R2D2 Unlock: Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data
  • Glass Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • Puzzle Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • Epic Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • Rotary Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • R2D2 Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • Jkay Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • MIUI Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
  • Android Unlock:Set in Display, Unset in Display

Last edited:

blanked

Oct 13, 2009
Southern CA
Random thought: I wish lockscreens worked with unlock codes. I'm too paranoid to not have an unlock code, but I've always liked the look of lockscreens.

rakeshchn

Aug 25, 2010
Looks good Ali, may take the leap from froyo to GB..Does this come with samsung widgets like feeds & updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STABLE AND FAST!!
    NO BUGS!!
    NO LAGS!!
    JUST RAW SPEED!!

Okay Since there are so Many Noobs with a Vibrant I have to say two things:
    1) I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.
    2)READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ PLEASE READ THE OP!!!!!

Rom Features
    • Working GPS!
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Orange overscroll glow
    • Pre-Rooted
    • Darky's ram script
    • Edt tweaks with use for ONLY Status Bar Tweaks
    • 10 lockscreens- SGS2, Glass, Puzzle, Epic, Rotary, R2D2, Four Tab, MIUI, Android, Jkay- Only use lockscreen menu in settings to set. (Settings for Jkay's Mod in Theme Settings App, Extended Power Menu is also there)
    • Cm7 battery icon with a percentage
    • TW4 (not tw4.5) with 5 icon dock and alphabetical sorting
    • No more blur in the mms
    • SGSII icons on Phone, Contacts, and Messaging app
    • SGSII ClockPackage
    • Many SGSII apps
    • BLN support
    • Auto-brightness fix
    • Fixed browser
    • Fixed dialer
    • Youtube that you can download videos in
    • Many live wallpapers
    • CRT screen off animation
    • Modded Status Bar
    • 3d Blur Fix

Bullet v6.1 kernel features by cmenard
    • Voodoo Sound v9
    • Voodoo Color
    • Voodoo Lagfix
    • BLN support (thanks to neldar)
    • CWM 2.5 (the regular red Voodoo recovery we all have come love)
    • 339MB of memory
    • Smartass and Interactive CPU governors (Conservative still default at boot)
    • Volume keys mapped to i9000 so no changes needed in the ROM and the keys work correctly in recovery
    • OC with safe boot to 1ghz use SetCPU to set clock speed
    • GPS init.rc
    • Proper headphone jack routing for T959
    • USB dock audio should be properly routed as well
    • Based on xcaliberinhand's reoriented i897 JVB Kernel and supercurio's voodoo lagfix initramfs

Flash Instructions For Odin (use this way if you are on froyo or are a noob)
    1. Before flashing, go into recovery and do a Factory Reset
    2. Download whichever Odin tar you choose
    3. Put the tar in PDA and if you want you can use PIT (caution: If you use a PIT, make sure re-partition is checked) if you already have Voodoo Lagfix enabled, I recommend you not to use a PIT.
    4. Once it has rebooted, do nothing for 15 minutes and then reboot
    5. Enjoy!

Flash Instructions for CWM
    1. Make sure you are on GB if you are to use CWM
    2. Go into recovery and flash the wipe if you are on anything other than Revolution, flash Non-Wipe if you are on Revolution JVQ Beta 2
    3. Reboot
    4. Enjoy

Known Issues
    NONE!!!
    Credits
    • Google: Android
    • Samsung: JVQ
    • birgertime: Edt tweaks app and status bar tweaks
    • DaGr8: Sgsii apps, lockscreen menu and 10 lockscreens
    • hayn_pryde46: Some of the SGSII apps
    • faryaab: Some of the other SGSII apps
    • lukiqq: SGSII camera
    • Juwe11: TW4 launcher
    • darkyy: Some of his apps
    • sphink02: Working browser
    • cmenard: Bullet kernel
    • dsexton702: Majority of build.prop tweaks
    • Master&Slave: Some build.prop tweaks
    • Dan_Brutal: For always being there to help me
    • explodingboy70: For being the competition I try to beat while still offering help
    • Probably a lot of other people i forgot
    Read this before reporting bugs

FAQ

• Can i flash this from cm7?
    • Yes, if you use the ODIN version; however, make sure to use a PIT to repartition.

How do i set the 5th icon?
    • Get into the applications list and click menu>edit, then move the app you want into the drawer, and click back.

I rebooted and all my downloaded apps are gray?
    • Enable Voodoo Lafix and then replace them all.

Can i flash over Voodoo Lagfix?
    • Yes, the kernel includes Voodoo Lagfix

Are GB bootloaders fully functional on froyo and what do they do?
    • Yes, GB bootloaders are backwards compatible and they remove the rainbows on boot up.

Why is there no extended power menu?
    • There is, set it from Jkay's app.

I LOVE your ROM, so what should I do?
    • You could make me a bootanimation and/or logo (I really want both of those) or you could Donate and/or hit Thanks.

I have military time and the date format is European date format?
    • This is because JVQ is a European firmware, to fix go into Settings>Date and Time>Uncheck "Use 24-Hour Format" and then go into "Change Date Format" and select the first option, "MM/DD/YY.

I will be adding things as people ask them

Changelog

• Fixed Bluetooth

• Intial Release
    Disclaimer: I have two ODIN versions one that includes GB bootloaders so that you do not have to go through the hassle of flashing the bootloaders afterwards and a non-bootloader version for people who want to flash bootloaders afterwards or already have them. I got the bootloaders from HERE. IF YOU FLASH THE BOOTLOADERS VERSION, YOUR BUTTON MAPPING FOR GETTING INTO RECOVERY AND DOWNLOAD MODE WILL CHANGE, IT WILL BE LIKE THIS:
    RECOVERY = VOLUME DOWN + POWER
    DOWNLOAD = VOLUME UP + POWER
    Read the whole Bootloader OP before flashing Bootloaders version. Also, I want to thank Adyscorpius for giving us bootloaders.

CWM DOWNLOADS
    JVQ Final Update 2 Non-Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD (Only flash if on a Previous version of Revolution)

JVQ Final Update 2 Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD

ONLY FLASH WI-FI CALLING VERSION IF YOU NEED, NEED IT. WI-FI CALLING WILL GIVE YOU WORSE BATTERY LIFE, A LESS STABLE DIALER, AND MAYBE SOME OTHER PROBLEMS. BTW, I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE APP IN THE DOWNLOADS BELOW.

JVQ Final Update 2 Wi-Fi Calling Version Non-Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD (Only flash if coming from JVQ Final or JVQ Beta 2)

JVQ Final Update 2 Wi-Fi Calling Version Wipe (7/31/11): DOWNLOAD

ODIN DOWNLOADS
    JVQ Final Update 2 NO BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): http://www.multiupload.com/IUWF48NBOH

JVQ Final Update 2 WITH BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): http://www.multiupload.com/8WRJV21R4E

ONLY FLASH WI-FI CALLING VERSION IF YOU NEED, NEED IT. WI-FI CALLING WILL GIVE YOU WORSE BATTERY LIFE, A LESS STABLE DIALER, AND MAYBE SOME OTHER PROBLEMS.

JVQ Final Update 2 WiFi Calling NO BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): uploading...

JVQ Final Update 2 WiFi Calling WITH BOOTLOADERS (7/31/11): uploading... (READ DISCLAIMER BEFORE FLASHING)

ADD-ONS
    LG Optimus 2X keyboard it is like iPhone keyboard: DOWNLOAD The thread is here with screenshots: HERE (Flash with CWM)

Arabic Patch (thanks yamensaleh for posting and redmanner for making LOL): DOWNLOAD (Flash with CWM)

Deleted Samsung Apps (Includes: Buddies Now, Days, Calendar Clock, Feeds and Updates, Stock Clock, and Swype v3) DOWNLOAD (Flash with CWM)

If you want just Swype v3, download it from HERE and just install it like a normal apk (click it so that it goes into installer). Oh, BTW I have fixed the lagginess some users were experiencing.

If you want Digital Clock from SGSII, download it from attachments, copy it to system/app and reboot.

Here is a theme made specifically for RevolutionRom, it is called Precision and made by kwes1020, all credit goes to him. I also want to thank him a lot for making this theme to help the Revolution. DOWNLOAD
    Okay, this is how it goes, there are 10 Lock Screens.

Seven of those lockscreens are set through Settings>Display>Wallpapers>Lock Screen Wallpaper and unset through the same place, these are marked by "Set in Display, Unset in Display."

However, there are three other lock screens which are set through Settings>Lockscreen Menu>Lockscreen Settings>Lockscreen Wallpaper. Unlike the other seven, these three have a different way to unset the wallpaper. The way to unset the wallpaper is by going into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Gallery>Clear Data. These three will be marked "Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data."

LOCK SCREENS EXPLAINED

• SGSII Lockscreen: Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data
    • Four Tab Unlock: Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data
    • R2D2 Unlock: Set in Lockscreen Settings, Unset by clearing Gallery Data
    • Glass Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • Puzzle Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • Epic Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • Rotary Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • R2D2 Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • Jkay Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • MIUI Unlock: Set in Display, Unset in Display
    • Android Unlock:Set in Display, Unset in Display