Search This thread

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Just so others don't think this is totally true, as I've posted before, I'm using XDA 2010 and it works fine - just used multiquote to grab all of these to reply to. I am using the latest official Firefox and Adblock Plus.

I just reinstalled adblock plus and still can't multiquote in XDA 2010. I am running Firefox 5 and the version of adblock is 1.3.9. Did you install any other adblock options or make any special settings?

This is the ONLY vBulletin board I can't MultiQuote in and I use quite a number of them. There has to be something else at play since a lot of others have the same problem and a few do not. It's obviously not just as simple as adding adblock for most of us.

Aside from that, there shouldn't be any need to have to run adblock plus even if that was the resolution.

Last edited:

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Just tested Adblock Plus in CHROME and it allows me to multi-quote but not in Firefox. This doesn't help me because I don't use Chrome but it does work.

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
I just reinstalled adblock plus and still can't multiquote in XDA 2010. I am running Firefox 5 and the version of adblock is 1.3.9. Did you install any other adblock options or make any special settings?

This is the ONLY vBulletin board I can't MultiQuote in and I use quite a number of them. There has to be something else at play since a lot of others have the same problem and a few do not. It's obviously not just as simple as adding adblock for most of us.

Aside from that, there shouldn't be any need to have to run adblock plus even if that was the resolution.
I'm using the Easy List and EasyElement (USA) filters, if that helps you at all. I think those come with the extension. I really haven't done anything else, it just works.

You don't, by any chance, run NoScript? I stopped, because it was causing me other issues I don't even remember - but I got rid of it. Just a thought....

Reactions: MisterEdF

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
Did this issue ever get resolved? I've just tried to multi-quote using XDA2010 but can't. When I switch to Classic no problem. I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.

Did you read through the thread? You'll find the answer there.....no, it hasn't, for some, has for others, and some, like me, have never had a problem.

Sent from a state of Serendipity

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
I'm using the Easy List and EasyElement (USA) filters, if that helps you at all. I think those come with the extension. I really haven't done anything else, it just works.

You don't, by any chance, run NoScript? I stopped, because it was causing me other issues I don't even remember - but I got rid of it. Just a thought....
Nope, no NoScript. Neither of those filters are listed in my Adblock. The only one there is labeled "Fanboy's List." Maybe that is the problem. Where would I find these other lists?

xybadog

Jul 2, 2011
Less than a metre away
Did you read through the thread? You'll find the answer there.....no, it hasn't, for some, has for others, and some, like me, have never had a problem.

Yes I did read through the thread, thank you very much, but nobody posted for almost two days so was just wondering if maybe someone had found a resolution but hadn't posted it.

Thanks for your concern regarding my ability to read though :D

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Nope, no NoScript. Neither of those filters are listed in my Adblock. The only one there is labeled "Fanboy's List." Maybe that is the problem. Where would I find these other lists?

Yes I did read through the thread, thank you very much, but nobody posted for almost two days so was just wondering if maybe someone had found a resolution but hadn't posted it.

OK, it is the STOCK filters in adblock plus that prevented multi-quote from working.

Here is how I made multi-quote work:

Installed Adblock Plus (in Firefox 5)
Unchecked the default "Fanboys List" in ABP options.
Went to this website: https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ and added the first filter in their list (easylist) to Adblock Plus. Just click on the link that says "add filter to Adblock Plus."

Now multi-quote as you can see is working.

That being said, there is no reason you should have to run any additional software to allow multi-quoting. I post on at least 10 or 12 different vBulletin sites without problem. Something is screwed up HERE.

But at least it is a band-aid fix. This may also work for other browsers.

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Just tried those steps in Chrome but it still doesn't work. Thanks for trying though.

I just tried it and it worked for me (it didn't work before). I had do the following:

In the list of ABP filers UNCHECK the bottom one labeled "Recommended filters for ABP."

In the "add your own filters" tab delete the 2 filters listed there.

The version of Chrome I am running is: 13.0.782.107 m

See if that does it.

Reactions: xybadog

xybadog

Jul 2, 2011
Less than a metre away
I just tried it and it worked for me (it didn't work before). I had do the following:

In the list of ABP filers UNCHECK the bottom one labeled "Recommended filters for ABP."

See if that does it.

That did it. I have the same Chrome version and the entry I have is "Recommended filters for Google Chrome" so i unchecked this one instead.

Works now, but hopefully they can resolve the issue at the forum end soon.

Thanks for your help.

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
That did it. I have the same Chrome version and the entry I have is "Recommended filters for Google Chrome" so i unchecked this one instead.

Thanks for your help.

Great!

Bottom line is that we shouldn't have to go through this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

kryptoner

Apr 24, 2011
OK, it is the STOCK filters in adblock plus that prevented multi-quote from working.

Here is how I made multi-quote work:

Installed Adblock Plus (in Firefox 5)
Unchecked the default "Fanboys List" in ABP options.
Went to this website: https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ and added the first filter in their list (easylist) to Adblock Plus. Just click on the link that says "add filter to Adblock Plus."

Now multi-quote as you can see is working.

That being said, there is no reason you should have to run any additional software to allow multi-quoting. I post on at least 10 or 12 different vBulletin sites without problem. Something is screwed up HERE.

But at least it is a band-aid fix. This may also work for other browsers.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I've just tried to multi-quote using XDA2010 but can't. When I switch to Classic no problem. I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.

Just tested Adblock Plus in CHROME and it allows me to multi-quote but not in Firefox. This doesn't help me because I don't use Chrome but it does work.

Just so others don't think this is totally true, as I've posted before, I'm using XDA 2010 and it works fine - just used multiquote to grab all of these to reply to. I am using the latest official Firefox and Adblock Plus.

Just tried those steps in Chrome but it still doesn't work. Thanks for trying though.

See if that does it.

Thanks for your help.

Great!

Bottom line is that we shouldn't have to go through this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

Thanks. The filters were the key (at least for me). The one you listed was not included in my ABP install. I deleted what was there and added EasyList and it is working.

Sorry but I was just testing this one :D .... I'm sure now that there is no limit on how many posts you can multi-quote at a time....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just press the Multi-Quote button on each post that you want to add to your reply. Then when you've done all the multi quotes, press reply and the quotes will be in there.

The multi quote button is like a toggle. You can press it for a post and press it again to remove it from a post.

Hope this helps :)
    Just read this thread from front to back as I have the same annoying problem while using XDA 2010.

FIXED

This worked for me. I hope it works for others. I use the latest version of Chrome, and I installed the web app Adblock Plus for google chrome (Beta), and now multi-quote magically works. There are 2 adblocks in the chrome webstore: one is free and the other costs money. I got the free one.

Go here to download the extension
    Ok, I am an idiot.... I have done it in the past, but now I can NOT figure out how to do a multi-quote... Anyone care to help me out? Haha
    That still doesn't work for me... Tried on Firefox 4 and IE8.... Clicked on the "Mulit-Quote" box, and then clicked on 'Post Reply' and nothing ported over...
    Hi,
    I used to be able to multi-quote,but seemed to have lost the ability as well.

P.S.
    How do you change to classic mode?

Go to 1) user control panel found in the top of the page then
    2)select edit settings, scroll down to the end of the page,
    3) use the drop down menu to change from xda2010 to classic

see the pictures attached for help