[HELP] [Samsung GT-S5570] I have no access to recovery after a flash CWM

Search This thread

sylarchi

Dec 21, 2010
Paris
Good morning.
Firstly please excuse my English...

Let me explain my problem.
With the idea of ​​making a backup of the rom galaxy s5570 mini for my wife before passing on gingerbread, (actually on android 2.1), I wanted to flash the recovery.
The original recovery worked well, I tested it.

I followed the directions for Roms customs:
-Odin installed
-installed the samsung drivers (Kies)
-download "tass-recovery-cwm.tar"
file-TASS_v1.0.ops
-started in download mode
-put the file or run it is necessary and all in Odin and start ...

Odin said OK
The phone will restart ...
I turn off, I test and I have no access to recovery. The phone is fixed on the screen "Samsung ..."
Basically no way to access the recovery. I tried to reboot directly with QuickBoot, it does not work more.
I redid the procedure a second time just in case ... it makes no difference.
I re-download the various files, TASS.OPS, the recovery, the Samsungs drivers (on samsfirmware this time) ... nothing better.

So now, if someone can help me ...

Falconfalc

Feb 28, 2009
i've tried to flash recovery too with odin and tass-recovery-cwm.tar, only thing what happens when i try to go in recovery is showing me:

RAMDUMP Mode ( ARM9 mode) and the Samsung logo.. it's just staying there nothing else and what i can do is use power button to reboot in normal mode which boots without a problem.

Later Edit: i've just played with the phone and it seems i can boot in recovery. after a 1st fail trying to boot in recovery (the stucked Samsung logo) i hold power button, the phone reboots and when i see Samsung i press the 3 keys and it goes in recovery.

Later Edit 2: so after more playing with the phone i figured that it will boot in recovery if you press only Home + Power keys, and not as many say VolUP + Home + Power.

Last edited:

Alien1231

Aug 26, 2011
i've tried to flash recovery too with odin and tass-recovery-cwm.tar, only thing what happens when i try to go in recovery is showing me:

RAMDUMP Mode ( ARM9 mode) and the Samsung logo.. it's just staying there nothing else and what i can do is use power button to reboot in normal mode which boots without a problem.

Later Edit: i've just played with the phone and it seems i can boot in recovery. after a 1st fail trying to boot in recovery (the stucked Samsung logo) i hold power button, the phone reboots and when i see Samsung i press the 3 keys and it goes in recovery.

Later Edit 2: so after more playing with the phone i figured that it will boot in recovery if you press only Home + Power keys, and not as many say VolUP + Home + Power.

I tired ur solution..but it didn`t works on mine..
the home key + power button = stuck on samsung logo
home key + vol up + power button = ARM9 Mode

any others solution else??

sylarchi

Dec 21, 2010
Paris
Ah I see I am not alone in this problem. Should be well end up finding a solution.
I would really like to backup my original rom.
And in addition the cwm is also used to flash roms ...

tobenary

Sep 25, 2010
{w~w. androidiani. c~m/forum/modding-samsung-galaxy-next/54898-guida-flash-rom-stock-gingerbread-2-3-4-root. h~ml}

change ~ to what is needed and delete spaces.
(I cannot link addresses because I'm a newbe....
:-(

Last edited:

stepph

Jul 16, 2009
!!! CWM will not work on Samnsug GT-S5570 !!!
- my phone was sent back for unbrick it, stuck on Samsung logo -

...so we cannot make a backup of our ROM...

PWR + central => Samsung Recovery
PWR + VolDown + central => Download Mode
PWR hold on for 4 sec => reboot
<what else ?>

What is RAMDUMP Mode ?
What is Quickboot ?

oureglass

Sep 9, 2011
Hi i also got this problem before. Just wan to share. CWM not working with the froyo 2.2(maybe depend on phone) i also got same problem with ur.. Just upgrade to gingerbread first then use the CWM everthing should be fine..

Due to new users i cant post any link.

Just pm me who want link update to gingerbread or you all can just search in here because that i wan to post outside link. thanks for understand.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: khaidir84

sylarchi

Dec 21, 2010
Paris
Well after many having difficulty in passing on gingerbread, CWM actually works ... better. Thank you for the tip.
At least he started ... but impossible to make a backup ... it makes me an error message .... pfff ....:(

aluca7458

Aug 29, 2012
There might still be a way...,!

there might still be an alternative way than taking your phone into a samsung service center.., if you can still boot to download mode.. you can still revive your phone...,! flash it with Odin using the Gingerbread rom...,

wish I can help...,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi i also got this problem before. Just wan to share. CWM not working with the froyo 2.2(maybe depend on phone) i also got same problem with ur.. Just upgrade to gingerbread first then use the CWM everthing should be fine..

Due to new users i cant post any link.

Just pm me who want link update to gingerbread or you all can just search in here because that i wan to post outside link. thanks for understand.. :)