[SOLVED] Apps saying not installed, but they are.

Search This thread

ac7brier

Nov 6, 2010
Fairmont
In my market, it says i have all these apps not installed. But they are all installed. When i click on them it doesnt say install, it says open. The apps run fine n are in my drawer. Is there a way to fix this? Its just really annoying when my "Pro" keys arent being used. Like, titanium backup says im using the free version when i have the pro version installed, same for my launcher pro key.

Sent from the Darkside of the Atrix.

EDIT: can this be moved to the Q&A section, accidentally put in general. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: live4nyy

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Same thing with me... google maps, youtube, and a few others are in the Not installed section, but when you select them it says installed, and you only have the option to open. I'm assuming they are still being checked for updates when I open Market... at least I hope they are. More annoying than anything else. Any thoughts?

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Open up the "Manage Applications" and find Market. Clear the cache and reopen. Should show up now. Had to do that on mine.

ac7brier

Nov 6, 2010
Fairmont
Open up the "Manage Applications" and find Market. Clear the cache and reopen. Should show up now. Had to do that on mine.

Just tried, didnt work. Thx for tryin to help tho. Here is a screenie of what my apps looks like.

All the ones that say they arent installed, are.

Btw, dont judge me on my meet people app. Im lonely :( Lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314567982567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314567982567.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 185

ac7brier

Nov 6, 2010
Fairmont
First screenie is it saying i have the pro key installed. 2nd screenie is of TiBackup saying i dont. Taken in the same minute.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1314568557644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1314568557644.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 1314568542139.jpg
    1314568542139.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
I have the same problem, and agree it is annoying.
It started happening when I did a titanium backup after unlocking. So I guess there must have been some problem syncronizing with market after.
I have solved the problem by uninstalling the applications that were listed as needing updates even though they were already updated. And when reinstalled, the notification went away. It's not a very elegant way of fixing the problem, I know.
If anyone else has a better solution, please advise.

I learned this method from another forum (can't remember where); it always works for me:
  • Exit all applications on the phone
  • Home > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All
  • Market: Clear Cache, Clear Data (OK)
  • Google Services Framework: Clear Cache, Clear Data (OK)
  • Reboot your phone
  • Open Market app and Accept the TOS
  • Market > Settings > Content filtering > Set level > Show all apps (OK)
  • Market > My Apps: no more missing apps, or false positives for updates :)
I've tested this many times with the new Market app on my AT&T phone in both stock GB and piCRUST. It always fixes the display of installed apps within the Market app itself. But the list of apps showing on the Market web site under My Account (https://market.android.com/account) may not be immediately updated with the results. Sometimes the Market web site will be updated later rather than sooner, or only partially rather than completely. But this local fix will usually affect the web listing to at least some degree.

(Space reserved for future rant on market web site lameness...)

Last edited:
Reactions: nsiti and ac7brier

ac7brier

Nov 6, 2010
Fairmont
Did it, now i get a server error everytime i open the market. Just reinstall apk of new market?

EDIT: just used task killer to kill it all then retried n it worked. All my apps are saying installed. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Did it, now i get a server error everytime i open the market. Just reinstall apk of new market?
I see that error occasionally after using this fix, but I also sometimes see it after re-flashing the phone, and after other seemingly unrelated actions. It usually goes away for me if I just turn on wireless first before opening the Market app (no need to reinstall it). I think it's related to some error in the app or settings initialization, and not specific to this clean-up routine or anything else.

And yes, I've found that using a task killer also seems to help. Maybe indicative of another app blocking the Market from opening correctly at first run? I don't know, but once it goes away it doesn't seem to come back.

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Could I suggest you add "Solved" to the title of this thread so others that might have the same issue could use this?

EDIT: just used task killer to kill it all then retried n it worked. All my apps are saying installed. Thanks so much.

ac7brier

Nov 6, 2010
Fairmont
Could I suggest you add "Solved" to the title of this thread so others that might have the same issue could use this?

Got it. Ive had to re do this fix after my phone shuts off, so its not permanent on my device. It might be for you, either way, it fixes it for awhile.

Last edited:
Got it. Ive had to re do this fix after my phone shuts off, so its not permanent on my device. It might be for you, either way, it fixes it for awhile.
One other thing that will confuse the Market about what's kosher: using a non-standard LCD density.

In my case I had hard-coded build.prop to set ro.sf.lcd_density=300 and ever since I did that the Market website kept telling me that most of the apps I'd previously installed were not compatible with my Atrix 4G(!) My workaround was to revert to the default ro.sf.lcd_density=240 and then use the "LCDDensity" app to temporarily set it to 300. Whenever I need to go to the Market for something I just reboot the phone first and it reverts back to the default setting in build.prop.

If you've got it the other way around (e.g. build.prop is using a non-default setting, and you're using LCDDensity to override this back to the default), then that might explain why you're seeing this Market mischief return on reboot.

Even if you're not using LCDDensity (or you're using something else like "LCD Density Changer" which can make these changes permanent), you might want to check your current LCD density. Ditto for other property settings that might not be using their defaults.

Here's a list of all the things that the Market looks for to determine if a particular phone is compatible with an app:

https://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/market-filters.html

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I learned this method from another forum (can't remember where); it always works for me:
    • Exit all applications on the phone
    • Home > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All
    • Market: Clear Cache, Clear Data (OK)
    • Google Services Framework: Clear Cache, Clear Data (OK)
    • Reboot your phone
    • Open Market app and Accept the TOS
    • Market > Settings > Content filtering > Set level > Show all apps (OK)
    • Market > My Apps: no more missing apps, or false positives for updates :)
    I've tested this many times with the new Market app on my AT&T phone in both stock GB and piCRUST. It always fixes the display of installed apps within the Market app itself. But the list of apps showing on the Market web site under My Account (https://market.android.com/account) may not be immediately updated with the results. Sometimes the Market web site will be updated later rather than sooner, or only partially rather than completely. But this local fix will usually affect the web listing to at least some degree.

(Space reserved for future rant on market web site lameness...)
    In my market, it says i have all these apps not installed. But they are all installed. When i click on them it doesnt say install, it says open. The apps run fine n are in my drawer. Is there a way to fix this? Its just really annoying when my "Pro" keys arent being used. Like, titanium backup says im using the free version when i have the pro version installed, same for my launcher pro key.

EDIT: can this be moved to the Q&A section, accidentally put in general. Thank you.