Voodoo

Search This thread

rviperx

Jul 10, 2011
I wanted to know is it possible to get voodoo on the G2. I'm on gingervillain (yes i know it's outdated) and it doesn't work on that. Will it work on another other rom? Thank You

noob1015

May 15, 2011
wait voodoo? I really hope you do not mean the one for the galaxy s.

If it is the one from galaxy s no, no we cannot use it. What that voodoo does is changes the system memory to ext4 and some other sound and color fixes specific to the super amoled screen on those devices and speaker (for voodoo sound you can use dpsManager and color should not be needed). The reason it works on the galaxy s devices is that they use a much slower memory. I believe gingerbread by default uses ext4(do not quote me on that as I am not 100%sure just heard that some places) and for certain on some roms ext4 is default such as tun4f1sh's bulletproof miui to name one but are on much more. If this is not the voodoo you are looking for I just typed this out for nothing.

PS. I probably missed something here but just so you know desire z has nowhere near the same amount of lag as the galaxy s (i know i came from one never going back)

Reactions: rviperx

rviperx

Jul 10, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure what voodoo was. I was reading a review for Power Amp and someone said it sounded great with voodoo sound. When I googled it I read a few people said they got it to work with the G2.

noob1015

May 15, 2011
They got it working with g2 curious... i dont see why you would need that since it does not suffer from the lag of the galaxy s ... hmm might check that out... but that just sounds weird

Anyone care to point out if i missed something because that seems fishy

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wait voodoo? I really hope you do not mean the one for the galaxy s.

If it is the one from galaxy s no, no we cannot use it. What that voodoo does is changes the system memory to ext4 and some other sound and color fixes specific to the super amoled screen on those devices and speaker (for voodoo sound you can use dpsManager and color should not be needed). The reason it works on the galaxy s devices is that they use a much slower memory. I believe gingerbread by default uses ext4(do not quote me on that as I am not 100%sure just heard that some places) and for certain on some roms ext4 is default such as tun4f1sh's bulletproof miui to name one but are on much more. If this is not the voodoo you are looking for I just typed this out for nothing.

PS. I probably missed something here but just so you know desire z has nowhere near the same amount of lag as the galaxy s (i know i came from one never going back)