SGS II Epic 4g Touch .pit File

Search This thread

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
Attached is the .pit file containing the partition mapping for the Epic 4g Touch. I extracted it using Heimdall. Interestingly, Heimdall on OS X Lion works with the Epic 4g Tough out of the box, which was not the case with the OG Epic 4g, which still doesn't have the updated sbl.bin to work with heimdall on a Mac.

Use at your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your new toy, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Attached is the .pit file containing the partition mapping for the Epic 4g Touch. I extracted it using Heimdall. Interestingly, Heimdall on OS X Lion works with the Epic 4g Tough out of the box, which was not the case with the OG Epic 4g, which still doesn't have the updated sbl.bin to work with heimdall on a Mac.

Use at your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your new toy, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

what does this file do btw? Does it flash the original kernel? Btw, I am stuck on I9100 kernel, just flashed it.

Reactions: Red_Kamel

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
what does this file do btw? Does it flash the original kernel? Btw, I am stuck on I9100 kernel, just flashed it.

This .pit file contains the partition map for the device. It tells Odin and Heimdall (another piece of flashing software, which i find to be MUCH better than Odin) where to flash the different files such as the boot.bin, sbl.bin, zimage (kernel), system, data, cache, recovery, modem, etc. Without the .pit file, Odin may not know where to flash a file, and you could end up with a soft bricked device. AFAIK, there isn't anything we can flash yet. We need to wait for someone to take the stock Epic 4g Touch kernel and add CWM, root, su and busybox.

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, especially when whoever does it first will probably get some free publicity in the form of a nice write-up

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Whosdaman stole my thunder on the source code drop lol. I posted it in the dev forum at midnight last night. He posted in general at 9 this morning. He got front page mention on xda today :-(

Reactions: adma84

odub303

Nov 30, 2007
Oh, its all good. I didnt take it like you were upset. Now, bring on those ROMs and kernels

The incredible thing about this phone is that even with all the carrier and samsung bloat, it just flies. There is absolutely no slowing down this phone. The only area we will really improve is battery life, which seems pretty solid so far as well.

deano0714

Sep 9, 2010
The incredible thing about this phone is that even with all the carrier and samsung bloat, it just flies. There is absolutely no slowing down this phone. The only area we will really improve is battery life, which seems pretty solid so far as well.
I dont see how it could be faster lol... Cant wait for miui on this huge screen :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
    This just tells oding where stuff goes in thephone... and why did you flash that?
    Sweet dude ...
    One step closer to flashing custom recovery :)