Registry Editor/Advance Configuration Tool from Schaps updated for Mango

Search This thread

thank you
Under Mango it will install under Settings (both apps).
there is no straight forward way to uninstall the newly installed apps from the settings page. I successfully uninstalled with XAPDeployX. Sideload the xap again and check "force uninstall if application is already installed". Then click deploy. The program will uninstall the existing one on the device first and report this in the deploy tool with a success message. Right then you unplug the phone from the USB. Voila - it is now uninstalled and gone from settings.
Somebody else posted that you can install an older version (e.g. v1.3) that will show up in apps. Then you uninstall and it normally and it will be removed from settings as well.
just in case it doesn't work for you and you want to remove it...
thanks

edit1: Cool, I can confirm that adding new themes works fine now on LG Quantum. With v1.3 only an existing one could be changed (there is a little bug that it multipies the colors within the program when you go back and forth, but luckily it doesn't stick in settings). When the app first opens I get an "UnauthorizedAccessException" message, but it continues to run.

Last edited:

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Has anyone been able to manage the sounds with advanced config tool?

I was able to deploy and run the app on DFT Freedom ROM 7720 but when I go to the sound category, everything is listed as "None". Setting a ringtone for certain events (I tried email and SMS), will disable the ringtone alltogether.

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com
Do not install because:
M$ and developer account does not support homebrew applications that edit system.

It would appear that the error message can be overcome using the ProvXML method to edit the Registry in Mango. Do the following Registry Edit;

-Allow max number of unsignd apps

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install]
    "MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff

oelapoel

Apr 29, 2006
It would appear that the error message can be overcome using the ProvXML method to edit the Registry in Mango. Do the following Registry Edit;

-Allow max number of unsignd apps

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install]
    "MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:7fffffff

By using provXML means going back to NODO first? thanx

oelapoel

Apr 29, 2006
If you have TouchXplorer installed & are already unlocked, than, no. You'll also need HTC Connection Setup for HTC's or the Samsung GPRS tool. There's thread all about how to apply ProvXML registry changes.

hmm.. yes, I don't have touchxplorer installed, and I cannot install it on mango, so NODO is the only way to go... anyway, I will do it when the official mango roll out is on, since I have to go back to NODO anyway. Thanx for your help :)

LiFePo4

Aug 19, 2011
Oregon
I like schaps stuff and use it a lot on NoDo and glad to see Mango. I am still on NoDo and waiting official Mango and then will definitely install.:D

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
I succesfully deployed the ADv Config app to settings, but when I open it, it just flips and closes. How do I get it to stay open? Add it to the Provxml folder?:confused:

Strike_Eagle

Oct 5, 2010
Pull-The-Man, WA
For anyone who having the error 81030120 with the final SDK Kit, try to install the Beta Tool Kit , i mean the SDK Beta 1, or Beta 2, you can google for Offline install.
This is the direct link for Offline Installer, Full ISO of SDK Beta 1 7.1:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...6-4272-93D8-C4D98F0567AE/WPDT_v2_Beta_en1.iso

http://www.windowsvalley.com/windows-phone-developer-tools-7-1-beta-now-available/

I read an article from WPCentre a few mins ago and they said the Beta tool kit doesn't prevent user from Installing XAP that change the System File. So let's hope this work.

PS: DOn't even bother. Tried. And doesn't work.

Last edited:

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
I'm pleased that I found this app! I was bummed that Mango had such limited color choices for the tiles. Now I've got my dark blue back!!! :D