General Tips & Tricks & Recommendations

Search This thread

JastaPein

Mar 16, 2011
Philippines
Wifi password ^_^

Forgot the Wifi Password'?

Here's what to do to get it again :D

use root explorer' go to DATA/MISC then scroll it down' go to folder named WIFI and open WPA_SUPPLICANT.CONF .. the PW is there.. Its either on the 2nd' 3rd or 4th line ;)

Reactions: sweetnsour

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
i can confirm this too......but have stopped suggesting people because once dectornotor had mentioned that these softwares harm more than help...!! I tried asking him to clarify through PM but didn't get a reply...!!

Its a good opportunity to confirm with any devs or may be a senior member who knows the stuff..??!!

Is juice defender advisable..?? if not then please explain why so that we can help others too..!! :D
i have never used juice defender. but im sure you will get an answer from another user as this is a discussion :D
Forgot the Wifi Password'?

Here's what to do to get it again :D

use root explorer' go to DATA/MISC then scroll it down' go to folder named WIFI and open WPA_SUPPLICANT.CONF .. the PW is there.. Its either on the 2nd' 3rd or 4th line ;)
thanks. added to the new category "wifi"

logo_32

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
Boycott the rip-off's..!!

Uhh ok...

@ franciscofranco, i know this kernel is a betrayer... As taking ur sources without permission but sorry franco... Their kernel is damn good for performance, but i still solute u for ur powerful .35 kernel ;)

Ok this kernel is good in power performance (Not battery life!)

Venice kernel v3.7.1

-Dax a rip off is a rip off maan.. :(
I mean good modificatio or bad... the moment he literally STOLE the code... its over.. the rest does not matter maan...!!

Franco has been working on this kernel since soo long.. even before i know of android..!! To steal all of the hardwork of a man (almost a year long id say..!!) is a shameful thing to do..!!

Rather than using it, we must boycott these kernels.!! :(
And from what little i know about franco he has always been hearing our requests and making changes most of the time in his kernel accordingly..!! I mean, i dont know of any developer other than him who LITERALLY listens to the requests and works accordingly..!! Be it legends like mik or andy... they usually get annoyed (and they are correct at their place..!!) But this guy has been patient ever since..!!

And last thing Dax... how would you feel if i take off that superb modification you gave me of the clock widget and start posting it in other threads and spreading it to people saying its my stuff..!! It is a bad thing anyways bro..!!! You would be hurt more than angry..!! Cause it was your hard earned money (in this case something much more valuable than money... a hard developed code..!!)

Sorry for this OT maan... i usually keep myself at bay when it comes to posting nowadays with all these spam filled threads.... but i couldnt resist...!!

Bottom-line.. if possible dude... respect the man and avoid using these rip-offs..!!

P.s.: Sonygen Mod is an excellent work..!! Thumbs Up :)

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

@sweetnsour: a suggestion bro... first of all no offense to dax but why is SOnygenMod in the recommended category and Void forever NOT..!! I mean SOnygen is afterall a port of Miks CM7 & still neds some work before called a stable RECOMMENDED... so from what i believe just the recommendations of Original ROMs like Miks CM7..!! Be it 6.5.7 or 6.6.1, then knzo's void..!! be it froyo final or Forever, the Andy's Phoenix...!!

So this is what i believe should be put up for the new users to see..!!

Recommended CUSTOM ROMs:
1) Mik_os CyanogemMOD port (6.5.7 for battery backup & 6.6.1 for performance)
2) Knzo's VOID (froyo final for froyo and forever for Gingerbread)
3) Andy's Phoenix (One of the few ROMs made from scratch..and the best performing too..!!)

:)
Hope you take into account the original works..!!
Peace..!!

P.s.: And you completely forgot about paolo's kernel i guess..?? Remember that most of the official Gb ROMs are bundled with paolo's kernel..!! :)

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
I mean good modificatio or bad... the moment he literally STOLE the code... its over.. the rest does not matter maan...!!

Franco has been working on this kernel since soo long.. even before i know of android..!! To steal all of the hardwork of a man (almost a year long id say..!!) is a shameful thing to do..!!

And from what little i know about franco he has always been hearing our requests and making changes most of the time in his kernel accordingly..!! I mean, i dont know of any developer other than him who LITERALLY listens to the requests and works accordingly..!! Be it legends like mik or andy... they usually get annoyed (and they are correct at their place..!!) But this guy has been patient ever since..!!

And last thing Dax... how would you feel if i take off that superb modification you gave me of the clock widget and start posting it in other threads and spreading it to people saying its my stuff..!! It is a bad thing anyways bro..!!! You would be hurt more than angry..!! Cause it was your hard earned money (in this case something much more valuable than money... a hard developed code..!!)

Sorry for this OT maan... i usually keep myself at bay when it comes to posting nowadays with all these spam filled threads.... but i couldnt resist...!!

Bottom-line.. if possible dude... respect the man and avoid using these rip-offs..!!

P.s.: Sonygen Mod is an excellent work..!! Thumbs Up :)

+1
to steal from developers is a big no-no
however, it would be a different story if that guy had asked for permission (a little OT but someone should really tell franco about this guy)
@sweetnsour: a suggestion bro... first of all no offense to dax but why is SOnygenMod in the recommended category and Void forever NOT..!! I mean SOnygen is afterall a port of Miks CM7 & still neds some work before called a stable RECOMMENDED... so from what i believe just the recommendations of Original ROMs like Miks CM7..!! Be it 6.5.7 or 6.6.1, then knzo's void..!! be it froyo final or Forever, the Andy's Phoenix...!!

So this is what i believe should be put up for the new users to see..!!

Recommended CUSTOM ROMs:
1) Mik_os CyanogemMOD port (6.5.7 for battery backup & 6.6.1 for performance)
2) Knzo's VOID (froyo final for froyo and forever for Gingerbread)
3) Andy's Phoenix (One of the few ROMs made from scratch..and the best performing too..!!)

:)
Hope you take into account the original works..!!
Peace..!!

P.s.: And you completely forgot about paolo's kernel i guess..?? Remember that most of the official Gb ROMs are bundled with paolo's kernel..!! :)
as this is a discussion, it is up to the users to tell me what they recommend (as i have not tried all of the roms myself). that is the purpose of this thread :D
but besides that, i knew i forgot to include a rom. thanks for the heads up!

regarding paolo's kernel, i have only read about it but as i have never used any official gb roms, i have no idea how good it is. can you give me a link to the kernel (preferably from xda but if you cannot find one, any link would do)? and is this kernel meant for performance or battery life? thanks for your contribution :D

Reactions: logo_32

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
i will add a walkthrough of twrp once i have the time to flash it
or if anyone already has twrp and is willing to do it for me, that would be great

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
+1
to steal from developers is a big no-no
however, it would be a different story if that guy had asked for permission (a little OT but someone should really tell franco about this guy)

as this is a discussion, it is up to the users to tell me what they recommend (as i have not tried all of the roms myself). that is the purpose of this thread :D
but besides that, i knew i forgot to include a rom. thanks for the heads up!

regarding paolo's kernel, i have only read about it but as i have never used any official gb roms, i have no idea how good it is. can you give me a link to the kernel (preferably from xda but if you cannot find one, any link would do)? and is this kernel meant for performance or battery life? thanks for your contribution :D

Alrite, remove link...

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Garuxa

May 12, 2011
Santiago

Great Words ;)

Sorry my OT :)

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

@sweetnsour

Consider re-adding kernel franco.Kernel.v19.4-gbs.v18a by fserve. Because when franciscofranco released version 19.4. fserve using this kernel and use it to update your kernel gbs :)

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Paolo's Kernel Link: :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1146593

P.s.: BTW ciaox has alrady made a superb sticky with all the links in it (dev section) ..!! You can get almost all of the links from there itself.. :)

i knew of ciaox's sticky but i never knew that paolo's kernel was called "official gingerbread kernel."

thanks for bringing this up! i might even try the kernel myself :p (the axis inversion and cpu fixes really get my attention)

EDIT: is this kernel meant for performance or battery life? ive flashed it, and so far it looks like it is meant for performance but i want to make sure

Last edited:

logo_32

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
i knew of ciaox's sticky but i never knew that paolo's kernel was called "official gingerbread kernel."

thanks for bringing this up! i might even try the kernel myself :p (the axis inversion and cpu fixes really get my attention)

EDIT: is this kernel meant for performance or battery life? ive flashed it, and so far it looks like it is meant for performance but i want to make sure

Surprisingly this one is meant for battery life..!! Performance isn't same as Franco kernel but it is still wonderful :)

Sent from an eternal void..!!

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
Surprisingly this one is meant for battery life..!! Performance isn't same as Franco kernel but it is still wonderful :)

Sent from an eternal void..!!

battery life? that is very surprising. i originally had franco's latest 2.6.35.14 kernel, but after flashing this kernel, i have noticed a jump in performance (evident in both neocore and actual gameplay).

this is like hitting two birds with one stone :p

logo_32

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
battery life? that is very surprising. i originally had franco's latest 2.6.35.14 kernel, but after flashing this kernel, i have noticed a jump in performance (evident in both neocore and actual gameplay).

this is like hitting two birds with one stone :p

cool...!!
:D
Must be supplimenting the ROM pretty well id say..!!

BTW, ive tested this kernel with almost all of the custom GB roms from AGA to Openoptimus and my observation was it was a little mild on performance as compared to franco's but proved a little better at battery backup..!!

When it comes to custom ROMs using .35 kernel based on old basebannds (miks 6.6.1 & Phoenix), id say franco's exceeds even in battery..!! :)

These are my observations...may vary from user to user..!! :cool:

logo_32

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
Guys.. a heads up on governers...!!

Governers like powersave uses only the minimum frequency as its max and min.. and performance uses maximum frequency as its max and min..!!!

Top Liked Posts